• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lttp: Far Cry (No spoilers)

Kagey K

Banned
I bought the Double Pack if Far Cry 4 and Primal and then the Double Pack of Far Cry 5 and New Dawn with the season passes (Which also gave me Far Cry 3 remastered) recently and want to discuss the series. (I already owned Far Cry, Far Cry 2 and Blood Dragon)

Far Cry 1: I have already played this a bunch of times on a bunch of systems and while I enjoyed it at the time, it really shows it’s age. It was great when it came out, not so much now.

Far Cry2: I tried to play this on my Xbox One, but I could feel the age of it. The checkpoint and save system frustrated me more then the game itself. I plan on going back and retrying it, but it might be one of those games that gets lost in time.

Far Cry 3 (Classic Edition): I honestly didn‘t give the game a chance when it first came out, and now I wish I had. It is very good. You can see some of the (new Ubisoft) influence in it (which is probably why I dismissed it) but underneath there is a good story with an interesting villIan. The game goes on a little too far after but it is forgivable.

Blood Dragon: A very interesting take on the Far Cry universe. I didn’t get too far into it before dropping it to move on. (I do plan to revisit it) but since it’s a side story told in the (future?) I figured I wasn’t missing much.

Far Cry 4: A very interesting game world with a terrible boss. I wish Vaas from 3 could have been in this game. If the story was stronger this could have been a top flight game. Everything about it was more interesting, except the civil war and Pagan.

Far Cry Primal: Again a side story and while I dived into it, it couldn’t hold me like 3 or 4 had. Again since it’s a side story I plan to go back, but didn’t finish it before moving on.

Far Cry 5: I’m very early in this game, and don’t know what I think yet. I like that it is entirely plausible as a scenario, yet you are causing all this chaos in their bubble. So far it seems even less organized or linear then the pervious games (is that possible?) with the unintended consequence of leaving the player lost sometimes. I hope the story comes together well, as I like the setup I have seen.

Far Cry 5: New Dawn: I haven’t touched it yet because I haven’t finished 5.

Please don’t post unmarked spoilers or plot twists in this thread. In case anyone here is new to the series,

T-Cake

Pretty much agree with the first half of your post but Far Cry Primal remains my favourite to this day, followed by New Dawn. I felt like a fish out of water starting Far Cry 5 as it felt so different but it soon becomes pretty good.

Far Cry 2 I remember to be quite enjoyable at the time but I tried replaying recently on PC and it just didn't click. The boring brown/yellow colour palette makes it feel a bit depressing.

D.Final

Banned
I bought the Double Pack if Far Cry 4 and Primal and then the Double Pack of Far Cry 5 and New Dawn with the season passes (Which also gave me Far Cry 3 remastered) recently and want to discuss the series. (I already owned Far Cry, Far Cry 2 and Blood Dragon)

Far Cry 1: I have already played this a bunch of times on a bunch of systems and while I enjoyed it at the time, it really shows it’s age. It was great when it came out, not so much now.

Far Cry2: I tried to play this on my Xbox One, but I could feel the age of it. The checkpoint and save system frustrated me more then the game itself. I plan on going back and retrying it, but it might be one of those games that gets lost in time.

Far Cry 3 (Classic Edition): I honestly didn‘t give the game a chance when it first came out, and now I wish I had. It is very good. You can see some of the (new Ubisoft) influence in it (which is probably why I dismissed it) but underneath there is a good story with an interesting villIan. The game goes on a little too far after but it is forgivable.

Blood Dragon: A very interesting take on the Far Cry universe. I didn’t get too far into it before dropping it to move on. (I do plan to revisit it) but since it’s a side story told in the (future?) I figured I wasn’t missing much.

Far Cry 4: A very interesting game world with a terrible boss. I wish Vaas from 3 could have been in this game. If the story was stronger this could have been a top flight game. Everything about it was more interesting, except the civil war and Pagan.

Far Cry Primal: Again a side story and while I dived into it, it couldn’t hold me like 3 or 4 had. Again since it’s a side story I plan to go back, but didn’t finish it before moving on.

Far Cry 5: I’m very early in this game, and don’t know what I think yet. I like that it is entirely plausible as a scenario, yet you are causing all this chaos in their bubble. So far it seems even less organized or linear then the pervious games (is that possible?) with the unintended consequence of leaving the player lost sometimes. I hope the story comes together well, as I like the setup I have seen.

Far Cry 5: New Dawn: I haven’t touched it yet because I haven’t finished 5.

Please don’t post unmarked spoilers or plot twists in this thread. In case anyone here is new to the series,

This July, the Farcry 6 is coming

Top Bottom