• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP Dishonoured 2 ..and why you should be excited for Deathloop

I have been going through a number of the great gamepass titles and i came across a game i never got around to playing (played the first 1)
Dishonoured 2

This game is such a big step up from the first game and i cant wait to get into death of the outsider but its a game you should really check out if you are on the fence about deathloop
as the game is setup in Hub levels and it basically allows you to finish the level how you want to very similar to whats been shown on deathloop and they really nailed the feel of the old Thief game but with added weapons/powers
i really do think deathloop will be a copy of this game turned up to 10.

Big call out for one particular part which is just as amazing as the cool level in titanfall 2 "Cause and Effect" and i would also say ratchet and clank from a technical point of view and level design
the stage is called "A crack in the slab" it has you tasked with finding out what happened in a mansion years earlier with the use of a time jump device which has the ability to view the past in real time and jump between
them and observe or kill people and is heaps of fun.
TczRA0A.jpg

What i love
  • Visual style of the game is great
  • 100 different ways to get through a level...you can literally speed run to the target and stab them if you want....you will probably die afterwards but it is pretty free and open
  • Stealth gameplay is fun
  • Design of the levels is clever and there are elements of randomness thrown in

What i dont love
  • Story is a little but meh in parts
  • Combat can be clunky when you are fighting multiple people (which you should not technically do but im the sort of player that sometimes has to kill everyone in a hitman level)
  • game still has some bugs in parts

Looking forward to Deathloop
Check it out
  • Free on gamepass. (Series x has the 4k patch from 1x and the Death of the Outsider has FPS boost to 120)
  • Dirt cheap on psn (its the ps4 pro version)
Really enjoying exploring gamepass titles i never got around to playing..i am going to get stuck into Evil Within 1 after i get through death of the outsider

Can;t get excited for Deathloop because Dishonored is a stealth game. Deathloop, at least from what was marketed, is not. If I can't stealth the entire game in Deathloop, it's a buy on sale kind of game considering its gimmick.

Last edited:
Can;t get excited for Deathloop because Dishonored is a stealth game. Deathloop, at least from what was marketed, is not. If I can't stealth the entire game in Deathloop, it's a buy on sale kind of game considering its gimmick.
Combat is not a D2 strong suite but they sort of made up for it with Prey so as long as they have a number of creative ways to dispatch your enemies then thats great

Paasei

Amazing games. These games have true freedom of gameplay. The only limitations are what is/was technically possible for the engine they use.
Glad you liked it, OP. Now go play Prey.

Being creative and experiment is the key in these games.

Last edited:

Warablo

Deathloop looks kinda awful, but no idea how it will play. Their new vampire game looks a little not my vibe either. That sucks because I really wanted a cool vampire game.

Combat is not a D2 strong suite but they sort of made up for it with Prey so as long as they have a number of creative ways to dispatch your enemies then thats great

Prey and Dishonored both have something that Deathloop may not. Deathloops gimmick is that you'll keep dying and go through the same levels over and over which may not work well, who knows. Prey has a metroidvania kind of level design where you constantly explore and uncover new paths and whatnot with levels being connected to one another while Dishonored has a level progression design. I doubt Deathloop will have levels as good as Prey or Dishonored 2's clockwork mansion for example. If it does, they sure have done a shit job at showing/marketing their game. Everyone knows Arkane are best at level design and yet they've shown almost nothing of it. Looks like they just wanna target what? call of duty audience? I dunno.

nbkicker

I really liked dishonored 1+2 and the dlc, but there just something i dont like or click with this game, maybe its the play over and over same level , graphics just look the same as dishonored even the game was out many moons ago, i give them credit for trying something new but dont think ill be buying this

That clockwork mansion is still the best level design this industry has ever produce. Hitman, all the Resident evils, Deus Ex games, nothing comes close to that self contained level.
I didn’t realise you could knock the heads off and they would attack everything until the last mansion…I literally ran from them

SpokkX

I loved Prey (10/10 i ever played one) and enjoyed Dishonored 1 (8/10 - a bit dated today)

played both witj fps boost and i just wont touch dishonored 2 at 30fps. Really hoping it is next for fps boost

Terenty

Yes, imho Dishonored 2 has the best level design of any game period.

But i heard a lot of the veteran members have left the studio, so it remains to be seen if they've preserved their strengths

I don't like games where you play the same level over and over again, gradually learning the location and routine of enemies. I just don't have the time or patience for this type of game any more.

I loved Prey - one of my all-time favourites - but hated Mooncrash.

ZoukGalaxy

No I should not be excited for Deathloop.

There is basically no link between these 2 games and Deathloop looks a garbage coop/online game when Dishonored is single player single game.

Also, gamepass is NOT FREE.

So, no thanks. Next.
No Thank You GIF by The Dungeon Run

Last edited:
Latest showing has me excited.

Too bad will have to wait for an year. I could end up liking it more than Dishonoured, depending on how investigations play out.

No I should not be excited for Deathloop.

There is basically no link between these 2 games and Deathloop looks a garbage coop/online game when Dishonored is single player single game.

Also, gamepass is NOT FREE.

So, no thanks. Next.
No Thank You GIF by The Dungeon Run
How is it coop? Lol you didnt even watch any gameplay right. 😂😂😂

Top Bottom