• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Days Gone.... This game... Is really good!

Outside of the fact that Deacon talks to himself like a crazy person, I liked what I played and need to get back to it.

Sony Bend is very underrated, I was playing friggin Syphon Filter on the PSP recently and having a great time. They're just good at their jobs.

I both hated and loved Deek talking to himself. Then again, when you spend most of your time by yourself on the road and have gone through the shit he has, I mean... of course he is a little crazy.

Roufianos

I loved it. The core gameplay was pretty awesome, the story and characters were decent and the world was pretty interesting even if seemingly generic to begin with.

The only thing holding it back from being one of the great exclusives is the bloat. There's way too many missions and some of them are literally 'go and talk to this person'. Could do with fewer but better quests next time out.

scalman

The game originally was going to have decision points that could impact the story. I wonder if it would have been possible to save his arm. Would have been good to see him not feeling sorry for himself the entire time.
I was just mad that he was just left alone and was forced to do worse jobs out there while you was driving around and killing infected. Why not just drive with him in all missions that would be so interesting gameplay.
i wouldnt do that to my friend.

Last edited:

SilentUser

I'm playing it too right now amd I'm enjoying a lot so far. Great graphics and gameplay, interesting story and with some very intense moments (those damn caves and hordes!).

However, I've encountered quite a few glitches and the loading is bad.

Solid game overall, congratulations Bend! Glad to see you climbing quickly the stairs to be among the biggest Sony studios.

Humdinger

Cool, glad you are enjoying it. I did, too. It took me a while to warm up to it, and I had to push myself through the first few hours, but it eventually hooked me. I ended up playing through a second time. I agree with all your pros and cons.

One of the nice things about games like this is that you go in with low expectations (because of all the criticisms and average reviews), and then you are happily surprised to discover you're enjoying yourself.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Best open world I played since Vice City.
Now shot me.

It Indeed is. Beautiful open world, dynamic time/day/weather and well populated and lush. More dynamic with the world and AL then games that have scored higher. I loved it and am only one trophy away from tht Plat.

This game did two things that really made me love the hell out of it. First of all it gave me a similar feeling that Far Cry 2 did when I played that for the first time. The world is very dangerous. People, animals and freaks around every turn. I always had to be on my toes or I was going to die. Every Far Cry after 2 lost that charm so it was nice to find it in this game.

And two, this is the only game, possibly one of the only forms of entertainment where I've seen Thunder-Snow. It had me drooling. This game also has the best HDR I've ever seen. Though Ghost of Tsushima is giving it a run for it's money.

Here is the video of said Thunder-Snow.

sojuwarrior

the only thing that keeps me from buying it is the frame rate issues that everyone talked about, is it really bad?
i have a base ps4 and have frame rate issues already with both ghost of tsushima and sekiro, how does days gone compared to these 2?

Last edited:

gela94

I like it but the story fell apart with his lady. I mean when they finally reunite she seemed to not even care he was alive. Deacon and his partner, cant recall his name, were awesome. Hope they do another.
Thanx for the spoiler :messenger_unamused:

Ulysses 31

I like it but the story fell apart with his lady. I mean when they finally reunite she seemed to not even care he was alive. Deacon and his partner, cant recall his name, were awesome. Hope they do another.
The signs were already there when she cut short some walk with Deacon when her work called in a flashback. 👀

Jaxcellent

I feel reviewers were too harch on Days gone, I really enjoyed it! Fun mechanics, I like that you need to fill the bike with gas and stuff like that, makes it so you are really preparing to go outside.

Reactions: Isa

SilentUser

This game did two things that really made me love the hell out of it. First of all it gave me a similar feeling that Far Cry 2 did when I played that for the first time. The world is very dangerous. People, animals and freaks around every turn. I always had to be on my toes or I was going to die. Every Far Cry after 2 lost that charm so it was nice to find it in this game.

And two, this is the only game, possibly one of the only forms of entertainment where I've seen Thunder-Snow. It had me drooling. This game also has the best HDR I've ever seen. Though Ghost of Tsushima is giving it a run for it's money.

Here is the video of said Thunder-Snow.

I LOVE this weather! I couldn't stop staring at it the first time I saw haha. I need a 5.1 home theater setup to play this game, I think it will be bonkers.

the only thing that keeps me from buying it is the frame rate issues that everyone talked about, is it really bad?
i have a base ps4 and have frame rate issues already with both ghost of tsushima and sekiro, how does days gone compared to these 2?

This game, even on my PS4 Pro stuttered a lot when it launched. Especially when I played it for over 3 hours or so at a time. They patched out pretty much all of the stuttering though at this point. It's a much more complex game than GoT and Sekiro however, so I would recommend getting it for PS5.

Top Bottom