• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's about Time - 100% about hating yourself and your mental state

SCB3

So back with another LTTP, this time an interesting one, a 100% run of Crash 4

To preface this I did 100% Crash 1 - 3 back in the day and Crash 1 again as part of the Nsane Trilogy on PC a few years ago, I do love the games, I grew up in that era of PS1 and Crash 1 and 3 were 2 of my favorite games, possibly of all time, I have played the rest of them to middling reviews personally, but Toys for Bob hit someting special with Crash 4, so lets dive in

I did actually buy this near releases when I cancelled some PS5 funds as I didn't have a job and so thought saving for a PS5 would be impossible (I ended up with a Job and replaced the funds not 3 weeks later) and so have had this on Xbox for some time, but never got round to finishing it, so, lets go do that and 100% a seemingly very difficult game

H4ze

Well have fun mate, I do love the Crash games because I grew up with them too. But I could never see myself 100%ing them :D

Chupanibre

100%ing this game is like shoving a dildo up your ass whilst not being gay
zAeUISL.png

Nankatsu

Some levels are crazy difficult. As someone who is currently playing the game I'm just clearing all main levels and call it a day.

I wanna keep my sanity intact.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Go on….
You’ll see… keep this thread update me and @ me when you realize what you’ve gotten yourself into

Biggest issue is the box placements, which become an issue within the first minute of gameplay in the first level. The game is treated as a time consuming MTX game with the ability to buy costumes instead of being a real sequel to the Crash games in terms of explorative gameplay and secret levels.

If you play it to the credits normally it is closer to a real sequel to the Crash games, although the reeeeeeeeeizing of crash makes the games annoying to play and now it's impacted the enemies which used to actually be someone consistent and menacing in the past.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well? Updates?

Skifi28

I initially loved the much tighter controls than previous games, but it became apparent pretty early that the intention of the developers was to torture people, not challenge them. They could have made the perfect sequel, but instead they decided to give a big fuck you to the community and I'm not even sure why.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
There was no way i was 100%'ing Crash 4. I played 1-3 to death back in the day and the remasters and 4 just felt different to me and the shit you needed for 100% was just not worth my mental state lol

Leslie Nielsen Good Luck GIF by filmeditor

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Do you understand what you actually have to do to 100% Crash 4?

You need to get a perfect relic on every level, which means doing that level while breaking every box AND never dying. You also have to get platinum time relics on each which also means not dying and doing it ridiculously fast.

Yeah, have fun with that one. 100%ing Crash 4 is about 10x harder than doing it for any of the original trilogy.

MacReady13

Enjoy my friend. You'll be tearing your hair out (assuming you have hair) but I personally love the game and feel it is an underrated platforming classic.

Top Bottom