• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition- Oh Boy this is good!

I enjoyed it, but it felt a bit overly formulaic in ways and never reached the status of the series 2D (or 3D) greats imho. It didn't really feel like Castlevania either. Good game though.

gow3isben

Would love to play this again on ps4 or ps5

I got my vanquish now I need my lords of shadow and max payne 3 pls :messenger_loudly_crying:

I love these completely linear story and set piece driven games

Last edited:

GraveX1

Neo Member
Loved the 1st one. I've played every entry in the series back to the NES original and thought it was fantastic. I skipped 2 due to the bad reviews, kind of wish I had just decided for myself, but I saw some negative feedback from the developers themselves that turned me off.

Might have nostalgia glasses on but I highly recommend you check out the first one. And yeah, that soundtrack... damn.

the game cost pennies on pc now. dont you dare play on ps3 lol
I love my PS3 SIR, stop console shamming

SR_5Things_PS3Love.jpg

Last edited:
S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Bit of spoiler if you haven't played it but the music in last battle in Lords of Shadow 2 goes from from a dreaded rendition Draculas theme and as your beating the boss (and in the process redeeming Gabriel) the theme switches to that theme, it's awesome
Shame the rest didn't live up to moments like that.
Just had a listen on YouTube. Goosebumps.

• Love
Reactions: TGO

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just had a listen on YouTube. Goosebumps.
It does, like I said I love the way from the 3:00 mark it's that thumping bassey Dracula theme, it tells you are the Dark Prince and nothing stands in your way and then transition's to you are Gabriel, God's Chosen One
Here's the track for those interested
But it definitely makes a difference if you know Gabriel's story or have traveled it

And I love this quote from the beginning of the game

"I was like you once. But your God showed me another path. That's why the power of your God cannot destroy me... Because I am His chosen one"

Edit, you know what...I would love a remake of the two game just so they can fix LOS2
Despite its flaws I still think it's one of the best story's of Dracula's fall from grace to rise to redemption.
I actually feel for the character.
And yes I talking about a Castlevania game, so if you haven't played it, think about that.
It's very underrated title.
I just hope Konami's recent registering of the IP's means a Remaster is on the cards

Last edited:
I loved the first. Played it a few times.

The second game is not as good. If they just cut out all of the modern day bullshit, it would have been much better.

I'd be pumped if they made a third.

MiguelItUp

Man, isn't it GREAT?!

I remember putting it off for SO long for whatever reason. When I finally checked it out, I was like, "Holy shit! Why did I wait?!"

Honestly, I was completely surprised. I thought maybe I'd think it was okay at best, it was MUCH more than that for me.

Shame that LoS2, while still decent, is not near the same caliber at all. I can't even remember if I played the entire game, and I think that's pretty telling... 🤔

I need to give this another go. I believe I own it for the 360.
I actually enjoyed the Castlevania 3d games for ps2 , I really liked the ones you could steal items and weapons from enimies during battles.
Most of the 3d Castlevanias are pretty great to me , I think the 2 on n64 are unfairly looked down upon, especially c64.

Wonko_C

Really liked the first game. Combat I feel has more in common with Ninja Gaiden (although at a slower pace, not that it's a bad thing) than Bore of War. At the very least, the parrying and rolling felt more Ninja Gaiden-esque to me.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I enjoyed it for the most part. Especially the early stages. I was alerted to it because Kojima threw his name in the hat as a producer or something, and then the demo really sold me.

It was one of those games that constantly felt like it was about to go off the rails in development. There was much to love, but I felt like I was constantly looking over my shoulder for a piece of crappy level design or ill-presented hint to a puzzle. It's been too long to say, but I remember a a healthy mixture of jank and awesomeness.

Neff

Really liked the first game. Combat I feel has more in common with Ninja Gaiden (although at a slower pace, not that it's a bad thing) than Bore of War. At the very least, the parrying and rolling felt more Ninja Gaiden-esque to me.

This. People compare it to God of War a lot, and the DNA of that game is obviously there in spades, but on higher difficulties when you really get into the zone it's much more like Ninja Gaiden lite where your block timing, spacing and evasion game is only a poorly-judged frame away from failure.

Top Bottom