• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Bully

picked this game up on sale for $6 on my xsx during the huge backwards compatibility sale (https://www.neogaf.com/threads/xbox...lot-of-great-bc-and-xbo-games-inside.1627851/)

I'm not very far in the game but wanted to make this thread before the sale ends.

I missed this one when it originally came out so this is my first time playing it. the gameplay feels dated, as do the graphics, but I'm having way more fun than I expected.

every single aspect of the game is fun. the missions are pretty ridiculous, the characters are pretty damn funny, the dialogue is great and the voice acting is solid. I thought some parts of the game like going to class would get tedious but they don't. the mini games in class last like 2-3 minutes and offer fun rewards. it also seems like they're completely optional.

there is no way a game like this could be released in 2022. no clue how Bully 2 was even a conversation.

there is just something refreshing about this game, can't really describe it but it's like a breath of fresh air. doesn't feel like the developers had to deal with a ton of constraints/fear of outcry.

if you haven't played it, I strongly recommend giving it a chance.

Last edited:

Komatsu

An absolute classic, which deserves a proper remaster. All versions are great but the XB360 is the best.

Reactions: Isa

Warablo

The seasons and concept will always be a cool part from that game and I still have that Bully music tune stuck in my head.

Last edited:

Soltype

Awesome game, played well enough and was very well written.The soundtrack was also damn near perfect.For me it was Rockstar's last really good game.

Kuranghi

Unfortunately its a bit funked up on PC I need to buy a 360 copy actually now that I have an HDMI 360.

If you play it on SS/SX is it upgraded resolution?

isoRhythm

Banned
Unfortunately its a bit funked up on PC I need to buy a 360 copy actually now that I have an HDMI 360.

If you play it on SS/SX is it upgraded resolution?
Get the fan-made patch and you should have no crashes, also the HD texture pack looks beautiful

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
An absolute classic, which deserves a proper remaster. All versions are great but the XB360 is the best.
No, it is definitely the Wii version. The XB360 version has too many glitches and changes the look of the characters too much. Emulating it at double resolution using Dolphin makes it better graphically too.

This game is one of the best open world games ever. I think it beats San Andreas as it has a more cohesive design with greater detail. I had a blast playing through the well-crafted story and going down city streets at 70mph in a go cart. It felt like playing through a John Hughes coming of age film and I loved every moment (except the Sumo videogame high score challenge).

Last edited:

isoRhythm

Banned
Nice, the problem I had was the mini-games in the classes not working though, is stuff like that fixed?
I remember when I played back in ~2014 that bug happened to me, replayed in ~2019, and didn't run into issues. Maybe the modders updated their patch perhaps.

Top Bottom