• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

lttp Bravely Default

Rodolink

Been on my backlog for years, but only recently started it. 30hrs in, and can say that presentation wise is extra polished, every UI element is beautifully designed, sound and music are great, story simple but funny and gameplay is very solid.
At first felt counter intuitive then after some hours it clicked and was fun, but now I feel it stagnated. I decided to stick to base classes to try and max them out as soon as possible, now im lvl 10 on white, black mages, monk, and freelancer. took way too long.
Dungeons are kindda repetitive and now feels like a drag, specially since i see ahead another 30-40hrs of same things...
Question for you guys is which job classes you recommend to be super OP early? (arythmeticians in fftactics ie...)
any good place to farm ethers?
is iy worthy to continue with those classes to max?
My winning strategy has been, always use an ability of the current job on every battle. then bravely 4x with all and default the white mage.
monk specially obliterates with knuckles and invigorate.
Is Bravely Second better in terms of pacing and balance? is it a must before BD 2 comes out or ok to skip BS?

I also just started it and am about 10 years in it. By years, I mean hours. I am doing the oppositte of you, and I'm switching over and over on classes. The freelancer class states it gets stronger the more jobs that you have mastered in its tooltip.

I have Tiz with a freelancer/monk build now doing thief
Edea has been rocking knight and black mage.
Agnes has been pushing WHM with a bit of BLM on the side; both Edea and Agnes are BLM right now.
Ring has been pushing thief, monk, and just switched him to merchant.

The L and R buttons have been life savers once I realized I can use them for brave/default.

I don't know what to do about the lv 99 nemesis monsters in my village though... or if they do anything bad.

Rodolink

I also just started it and am about 10 years in it. By years, I mean hours. I am doing the oppositte of you, and I'm switching over and over on classes. The freelancer class states it gets stronger the more jobs that you have mastered in its tooltip.

I have Tiz with a freelancer/monk build now doing thief
Edea has been rocking knight and black mage.
Agnes has been pushing WHM with a bit of BLM on the side; both Edea and Agnes are BLM right now.
Ring has been pushing thief, monk, and just switched him to merchant.

The L and R buttons have been life savers once I realized I can use them for brave/default.

I don't know what to do about the lv 99 nemesis monsters in my village though... or if they do anything bad.
just ignore the village monsters, they do nothing besides wiping you at one hit xD
yeah gotta try that with the freelancer i forgot but it says stats rise the more jobs one has mastered no? then it would be ages before that ia useful after mastering a job at lvl 14.

Rodolink

Heeeelp!
spoiler alert!

I've been struggling for 3 days to beat
airy third form
can't really find the best strategy to beat her. Am I really stuck and won't be able to beat the game or is there hope?

agnes: mastered spirit master, white mage, salve maker
tiz: mastered ranger, Ninja, freelancer, thief lvl 12
edea: mastered valkyrie, spell fencer, arcanist lvl 10, time mage lvl 9, black mage lvl 13, dark knight lvl 9, templar lvl 9
ringabel: mastered monk, performer, vampire lvl 13, Pirate and knight lvl 9

they all level 72

i think attack power is ok i can manage to beat her one phase.
but what always kills me is that move she does out of the blue (not zeta flare, the physical one)

any help would be very welcome u_u

Boneyblaff

I've had this installed on my PC with Citra for months. I've been trying to play World of Final Fantasy, but it's not scratching the JRPG itch for me.

Sell me on dropping that and picking up Bravely Default finally!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I've been thinking on starting this once I beat DQVI, but I've heard a lot of bad things regrding the retetiveness of this game sonI'm not sure.

Is at least challenging?

Rodolink

I've been thinking on starting this once I beat DQVI, but I've heard a lot of bad things regrding the retetiveness of this game sonI'm not sure.

Is at least challenging?
its very challenging imo, and you can play it in any style you want thanks to the job system.
second half of game is literally just repetition, same as Groundhog Day movie...

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Nice! Love me some challenging JRPGs... Those that aren't bore me very quickly.

its very challenging imo, and you can play it in any style you want thanks to the job system.
second half of game is literally just repetition, same as Groundhog Day movie...
Yeah I heard about that... Hope is bearable, or at least has a nice excuse to do it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

TintoConCasera

disabling random encounters
Now thats a cool feature in game like this, cool to read that.

I'm actually kinda hyped to play this. So far my 3DS has been my Nintendo + SMT games machine, I still have a lot to play there.

Fbh

Now thats a cool feature in game like this, cool to read that.

I'm actually kinda hyped to play this. So far my 3DS has been my Nintendo + SMT games machine, I still have a lot to play there.

Yep.
I fucking hate Random encounters but this game at least made them tolerable. I think around midway through the game I just switched to dedicating some time to grinding a few levels so I could then turn off encounters and explore the dungeon without having to go through 30 fights just to get to that one room I missed.

One caveat: it's challenging as long as you don't find out how to cheese it. Once you find out, it plays on autopilot.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Bravely games have so many broken combos that bosses have no hope. Even the toughest baal monsters can be beaten on auto.

But figuring out these setups, that you came up with something clever to overcome the bosses is the best feeling.
I don't mind a system lets you break the game but as long as you yourself have to put the effort to break it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom