• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Bloodborne - Filling Your Dark Soul With Light

SheHateMe

I'm pissed.

Well, not pissed, actually kinda happy yet mad.

I beat the BSB... On my very first go.

And died to the poison IMMEDIATELY after I got the trophy and the chalice.

When I say immediately, I mean the picture of the trophy took my death and framed it.

But I beat the BSB on my first go.

*pat's self on back, prepares for trek back to the lair*

I'm pissed.

When I say immediately, I mean the picture of the trophy took my death and framed it.

Oh yeah, I think I know the feeling lol

giphy.gif

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm pissed.

Hehe. I got a double KO with Rom on my first time. I killed her, went "cool, that wasn't so hard", then a spider fell on me and I died during the "prey slaughtered" screen. xD It counted, too.

psyfi

Banned
I just started playing this too and I fucking love it. I played Dark Souls for the first time last November and adored it, but so far BB feels much more refined and just masterly crafted. I do prefer the DS aesthetic I think, but only by a little.

I'm currently in Old Yarnham (or however it's spelled). I've been poking around for a while, and I'm pretty sure I'm almost ready to move on. I just need to beat the Blood Starved Beast, but it's really fucking tough.

SheHateMe

I just started playing this too and I fucking love it. I played Dark Souls for the first time last November and adored it, but so far BB feels much more refined and just masterly crafted. I do prefer the DS aesthetic I think, but only by a little.

I'm currently in Old Yarnham (or however it's spelled). I've been poking around for a while, and I'm pretty sure I'm almost ready to move on. I just need to beat the Blood Starved Beast, but it's really fucking tough.

I beat the BSB by playing Nioh.

No lie.

So, in Nioh, the Ogress is a boss and I had been stuck on her all weekend until last night when I beat her. I was able to circle around her and none of her attacks would hit me.

So I wondered if I could do the same in Bloodborne.

Booted it up today, made my way through Old Yharham, confronted the beast, and slayed it.

Strafe to its right (your left on screen) and most of its attacks will miss you. Just be patient, don't rush, AND KEEP ANTIDOTES ON YOU AND IN YOU AT ALL TIMES. DON'T DIE LIKE I DID AFTER A SATISFYING FIGHT.

ahem

Sorry.

For those reading, Bloodborne is my very first SoulsBorne game. I have zero experience and I'm working my way blind through this whole game.

For those reading, Bloodborne is my very first SoulsBorne game. I have zero experience and I'm working my way blind through this whole game.

Try to explore as much as you can, talk on every window more than one time and try to read items, at least those you don't know what they are or do. Half of the game is optional and is one of the coolest things of the game, you don't want to miss them although if you do, you have a great excuse to give the game another run.

(not every side activity is straight forward to find).

Nothing wrong with that. Best single player gameplay ever.
I was under the impression that you shouldnt post too many lttp threads. I mean, experiences differ and some are worth discussing, but when is too much that you're just spamming the same thing other people have said?
But thats a little off topic I suppose.

Fandangox

Okr8kDn.gif

I got and beat Old Hunters DLC.

Really fun. Orphan of Kos is my favorite boss battle in the game.

Fuck Laurence though.

StoneFox

Micolash is easy if you use poison daggers from the balcony since he's scripted not to move from that spot. Easy peasy. ;)

Bloodborne is GOAT FromSoft game.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I have a feeling a lot of the love for Old Hunters comes from how samey the vanilla game looked. I love it too, but I can't tell if that is mostly because of the change of scenery grand archives and fishing hamlet provided.

silva1991

I have a feeling a lot of the love for Old Hunters comes from how samey the vanilla game looked. I love it too, but I can't tell if that is mostly because of the change of scenery grand archives and fishing hamlet provided.

No way. The level design and aesthetics are a huge downgrade after the base game.

It's the bosses man. Ludwig and Maria especially

Fandangox

I think the only area I didnt really like aesthetically in the base game was the Forest. The DLC areas are great, although I didn't really like the Hunter's Nightmare, but the Research Hall and Fishing Hamlet more than make up for it. Maria, Ludwig, and Orphan are fantastic bosses with OoK being my favorite now for the entire game. Laurence is too annoying, And Living Failures was really easy, but overall the DLC is great.

Soul_Pie

Definitely in my top 3 games of all time.

The game is actually awe inspiring at times in terms of how well things can come together, the absolute care and thought that went into the game is incredible.

I'm absolutely craving more Bloodborne action now. I thought I would be happy with one game but I need that hit again.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
No way. The level design and aesthetics are a huge downgrade after the base game.

It's the bosses man. Ludwig and Maria especially

I dunno, I got sick of the BB aesthetic well into it. Fishing Hamlet and Archives I loved, though.

The bosses I thought were all whatever, but I loved Living Failures. That meteor summon is one of the more memorable moments of all Souls for me.

I think the only area I didnt really like aesthetically in the base game was the Forest. The DLC areas are great, although I didn't really like the Hunter's Nightmare, but the Research Hall and Fishing Hamlet more than make up for it. Maria, Ludwig, and Orphan are fantastic bosses with OoK being my favorite now for the entire game. Laurence is too annoying, And Living Failures was really easy, but overall the DLC is great.

Yeah it's not so much that base game is ugly, just a lot of the same. Particularly if you were doing a ton of chalice dungeons while waiting for the DLC.

Father Gascoine is the easiest boss in the game. Don't know why people get stucked there.

I killed him flawless nearly every time, lol.

Playsage

Just finished my first playthrough myself this morning

All I've to say is:

Ditch Dark Souls, grant us eyes!
Not interested in more Dark Souls for a while, but Bloodborne... Please, From Soft!

Really refreshing despite having finished multiple times vanilla DS3 a couple of days before visiting Yarhnam

Top Bottom