• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOVE DEATH + ROBOTS VOLUME 2 TRAILER

NahaNago

I was hoping for a season 2 or part 2 of this scifi cg shorts and my wish have been answered.

mentioned by bitbydeath here is the youtube details

"The NSFW animated anthology returns with a vengeance. Naked giants, Christmas demons, and robots-gone-wild… Consume irresponsibly. Volume 2 coming May 14."

more info courtesy of bitbydeath

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Huh, seems odd to have the kid segments since the other parts look to be hyperviolent (and probably full of nudity like the first one). Kinda hard to pull those out for the family but maybe its a twist. Any list of the stories they adapted?

SJRB

Gold Member
Hell yeah, first season wasn't perfect by any stretch but had some awesome moments. Aquila Rift is still insane. Love how they use the Hereditary soundtrack for this trailer, that's cool.

Huh, seems odd to have the kid segments since the other parts look to be hyperviolent (and probably full of nudity like the first one). Kinda hard to pull those out for the family but maybe its a twist. Any list of the stories they adapted?
Season one also had a couple of kid-friendly episodes. But still, best not to watch them with the family the first time around.

CloudNull

Banned
No Way What GIF

First season had some incredible episodes that I still think of often. I hope the second season is more consistent with quality.

Fbh

Nice, love the first season. I'm more hyped for this than any movie this year (maybe except for Dune).

Hopefully it's good, and hopefully this show still has a couple of good seasons in it before it goes down the drain like Black Mirror.

GloveSlap

Going to go in blind, but i loved season 1 (or at least 60 percent of it). I've probably watched the 6 really good ones 5+ times each.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I feel like the all CG/animated aspect makes it a lot easier to have casual male nudity so I expect even more of that this go round especially since they got so criticized for female boobs in season 1 by the same shrill danger hairs that screech whenever an attractive female form is depicted.. I suppose someone has "proficient in dick flop physics" on their CV :p

And definitely more body horror!

bitbydeath

Here’s the description from YouTube.
The NSFW animated anthology returns with a vengeance. Naked giants, Christmas demons, and robots-gone-wild…

SinDelta

Best episodes for me -

Suits
Good Hunting - That Studio Ghibli vibe
Lucky 13
Blindspot
The Secret War

Wanted to like, but eh.
Sucker of Souls - Hellboy vibe but not quite the quality

Last edited:

MHubert

One of my best friends helped create 'A Helping Hand' so I watched all of it when it released, and even though I thought the first season became a bit trite and had a lot of filler, all in all I'm looking forward to this.
Love how they use the Hereditary soundtrack for this trailer, that's cool.
So much this!
Colin Stetson is really something else - the way he uses the saxophone (and other air instruments) to create lightning fast appeggios, making the sax sound like a billion ton Shiva gracefully thrashing and defiling the web of Indra with his dance, creating a nightmarish metallic soundscape of pure splendor, terror and satanic ecstacy, is nothing short of mindblowing. It's as if he doesn't just create a soundscape, but a world, in your mind. Him collaborating with Ari Aster on Heredetary has helped giving birth to what is in my opinion one of the most horrifying and unforgettable scenes in horror cinema.

like, ffs just listen to it:

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
thought that was a one-off. nice. I do wonder if season 2 is all the pitches that didn’t make season 1. Hopefully there were a lot of good ones

16Bitnights

Neo Member
I was hoping for a season 2 or part 2 of this scifi cg shorts and my wish have been answered.

mentioned by bitbydeath here is the youtube details

"The NSFW animated anthology returns with a vengeance. Naked giants, Christmas demons, and robots-gone-wild… Consume irresponsibly. Volume 2 coming May 14."

oh yea, I especially subscribed to Netflix for this.
Season 1 was Godlike, it got that nice 1 sci-fi story with plot twist at the end per episode format similar to that old Tv show "The outer limits"

Renoir

Wish they had an interactive vote system. Vote for which short you wish was a series or full movie. Because the first one, man.... i would love to have some context and expansion on some of those tales.

MastaKiiLA

I can't remember if I watched the first one, should I?
An anthology of shorts. I think maybe 20 in all. It's decent. Some shorts are obviously much better than others. Some are duds. But they're short enough that you're in and out quick enough to not care. You can always search for a list of the best shorts, and watch those first. Then catch the others at your leisure. Just under 4hrs total runtime. Worth a watch, especially if Vol. 2 looks interesting. In my experience, the first volume of these things is usually the best, as they were more meticulous with compiling it.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Just finished watching and if i'd do ana average of all episodes on season 1, that was an 8/10 but season 2? well barely a 7/10. 8 episodes of 10 mins'ish each and I barely only enjoyed 2 or 3. Theres no conclusion to each, they all feel pointless, but I guess visually they look quite impressive. I guess Netflix will never manage to make continuous good content. Every show I loved on Netflix seems to have gone to worse with each season. BTW there's no nudity in S2. You may call it edgy stuff in s1 but it felt mature. This feels eh. Dissapointed.

I've only seen Beyond the Aquila Rift, I heard the name a lot online and decided to check it out. I was amazed at how good it was, a great piece of short sci-fi with horror elements.
If you enjoyed Rift, I'd recommend checking out Zygote from Blomkamp's studio. The creature design in it is one of the best I've ever seen.

CloudNull

Banned
Just finished watching and if i'd do ana average of all episodes on season 1, that was an 8/10 but season 2? well barely a 7/10. 8 episodes of 10 mins'ish each and I barely only enjoyed 2 or 3. Theres no conclusion to each, they all feel pointless, but I guess visually they look quite impressive. I guess Netflix will never manage to make continuous good content. Every show I loved on Netflix seems to have gone to worse with each season. BTW there's no nudity in S2. You may call it edgy stuff in s1 but it felt mature. This feels eh. Dissapointed.
Dissapointed GIF by memecandy

Damn you Netflix!!!! Man I was hoping they could really maximize the protentional of the show this season. I will still check it out but my hype is depleted hearing it is worst than the first season.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Dissapointed GIF by memecandy

Damn you Netflix!!!! Man I was hoping they could really maximize the protentional of the show this season. I will still check it out but my hype is depleted hearing it is worst than the first season.

All they did was, or at least 3 of them, to make me want a full cgi movie. The cyberpunk one with Nolan North voicing it has such a HUGE potential. Too bad it was wasted.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Man, what a bummer. I'm soooo close to dropping Netflix for a few months. Mitchells vs the Machines was great for my kids, Jupiters Legacy was only decent, so I was hoping Castlevania 4, that Oxygen movie, this show, and the Snyder zombie film could save it for me. Question is should I even bother continuing for another month just to wait for Army of the Dead? Any advanced reviews of that one?

NahaNago

I've seen 3 and a half episodes and I would say that I enjoy it but it doesn't quite feel as impactful as the first season. Also had no idea it had so few episodes in comparison to season 1. Why so few episodes when these episodes are usually only around 12 minutes? I'll go back and finish this later. I want to see army of the dead in theaters.

vpance

Unit Image CGI is soo good. Knew it was them again with the photo-realism in the bounty hunter ep.

Last edited:

Corpsepyre

Banned
Episodes 3, 4 and 5 are excellent. That CGI was phenomenal. Thought the rest were average.

Season also felt really tame, with zero nudity unless you count a giant cock.

vpance

The black guy in the spaceship ep was legit photoreal. Amazing work by Blur Studio. Didn't think the lady in bounty hunter ep was going to be topped.

Edit: didn't realize it was Michael B Jordan. Apparently the face was live action.

Last edited:
Top Bottom