• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Zelda Games - DidYouKnowGaming ft. Remix

In this video, Did You Know Gaming takes a look at some facts, secrets and history surrounding The Legend of Zelda games that never saw the light of day, including Wind Waker on GBA, Wind Waker 2, a Majora's Mask styled Twilight Princess sequel, and more.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Okay, the Mario/Rabbids director/crying Ubisoft man acknowledged by Miyamoto camping out for ten hours to meet Miyamoto, after stalking which hotel he was staying in, is turning that heartwarming story into something more insidious, lol.

-Arcadia-

Banned
The loss of Wind Waker 2 is something that still sucks to this day. They are absolutely right that the Wind Waker look made Zelda a less popular series, and the nuclear explosion of TP hype upon that game’s announcement proved it.

It was the correct move for any fiscally responsible company. Just maybe not the correct creative one.

It’s a shame. There were a lot of ‘hooks’ in Wind Waker for a continuation of that story (yes, the DS games, but what looks like different staff, didn’t do it well). As much as TP was amazing, and one of my favorite games ever, part of me thinks that I would have loved that sequel more than anything.

Neff

Wind Waker 2 needed to happen. There are too many good ideas in Wind Waker which never got their big chance to pay off, particularly the world design.

Also I fucking hate Majora's Mask. I just needed to get that off my chest tonight and this is as good a place as any.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, the Mario/Rabbids director/crying Ubisoft man acknowledged by Miyamoto camping out for ten hours to meet Miyamoto, after stalking which hotel he was staying in, is turning that heartwarming story into something more insidious, lol.
Can't blame him for trying.

-Arcadia-

Banned
The cancelled Retro Studios game about the origin of the Master Sword sounds pretty interesting. Dark Valoos would have been cool to see.

No kidding. And the Twilight Princess sequel. I always assume there’s more to understand about these situations than the brief looks at them we get, but on the face of it, Nintendo passed up on some pretty incredible Zelda opportunities, to ultimately deliver a game (SS), while I love it, was unexciting by Zelda standards.

On the other hand, the fervor for Zelda on Wii was at one of the series’ highs, and a Twilight Princess 2, or this side game, would have been greeted with ultra-hype.

It’s kind of neat that the central story idea of the Retro game ultimately did land in Skyward Sword, though. Curious if that was a Nintendo producer idea all along, or if Nintendo yoinked it, lol.

Top Bottom