• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen sales have reached 1.2m by the end of November

Reallink

Lords is super solid, but could have trimmed a lot of inconsistent quality areas and been fantastic. Coop is absolutely broken and might as well have not even been included given their utterly bizarre decision to not give the partner any items, upgrades, or progression whatsoever...in a 40+ hour RPG.

Next game being a gaas survival title means I'm out before its even announced though.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Are they done fixing it? I was hoping for some expansions and a Complete edition later down the road.

GHG

This game is good or bad?

Good, as long as the performance is good on whatever hardware you decide to play it on.

If you have a mid-high end PC you're good to go. If you're on console, I have no idea if they've fixed those versions yet.

Ozriel

M$FT
So like 70-80mil revenue off i think they said a 40mil budget, not bad for the early sales.

More like $66million budget, including marketing
And of course they’ll only be able to keep 70% of that after royalties to Sony, Xbox and Steam.

Last edited:

Stuart360

More like $66million budget, including marketing
And of course they’ll only be able to keep 70% of that after royalties to Sony, Xbox and Steam.

Yeah but its early sales only up to the end of November. They probably sold a decent amount over Christmas and upto now.
I'm sure they will make a tidy profit when all is said and done. In fact didnt they already announce a few weeks ago that the game is in profit?, i'm sure there was a thread about it on here.

This game is good or bad?
LotF is a valiant homage to Dark Souls, but it has noticeable flaws. Imo they don't take too much away from the game, I still enjoyed my time with it very much.
Played it on ps5. Performance was good, aside from during a few invasions.

It was confirmed back at the en of November when the 900k milestone was announced that the Majority of the sales are on PS and possibly still remains.

NT80

Not with those same 5 copy/pasted enemies it isn't.
Really? Lack of enemy variety is a huge bugbear of mine and was my biggest issue with the Nioh games. WO Long apparently also suffers from this. Souls games always introduce interesting new enemies as you progress through new areas.

kungfuian

Have an unopened copy on PS5 and happy to see the devs are seeing decent sales. Personally was waiting for post launch patches before giving it a go but now with UEVR releasing I may end up double dipping on PC and playing in VR. Same with Lies of P. Playing these in full VR seems too good to pass up!

One thing I've noticed regarding early impressions of the game, there seem to be some very vocal From fans who imo are a little hyperbolic and very very picky. They tend to hammer any and every souls like for not being souls enough; if they don't match up to their expectations and play style because i-frames are too long or too short or because 'x'-build is overpowered, yada yada. I'm a little more open and accepting of Souls likes being their own thing and am really looking forward to digging in and playing the game for what it is.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Combat is better than Souls and ER, at least.
giphy.gif

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Really? Lack of enemy variety is a huge bugbear of mine and was my biggest issue with the Nioh games. WO Long apparently also suffers from this. Souls games always introduce interesting new enemies as you progress through new areas.
Yep, that was my biggest annoyance with Nioh. Even the Makai demons were the same. After 3 hours, you've seen 90% of the enemies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom