• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen 2 will be released next year (next gen only)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.aroged.com/2022/04/09/l...ext-year-development-going-according-to-plan/

Polish studio C.I. Games plans to release Lords of the Fallen 2 next year. The company also boasts record financial results thanks to the success of Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2.

“Lords of the Fallen 2 is our biggest project yet. We will launch a marketing campaign in the third quarter of this year, and the premiere is scheduled for 2023. Game development is progressing according to plan,” said CEO Marek Tymiński during a conference call with investors.

The game is for PC and “next-gen” Xbox and PlayStation at the same time, which seems to rule out PS4 and Xbox One.

Stuart360

Nice. The orig game is underrated imo. It didnt do a bad job for being the first Souls clone released. Bugs effected it a lot but it was a solid 7/10 for me.

I'd expect this to be a lot better now with the experience of making the pretty damn good 'The Surge' games behind them.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I don't know how to feel about lotf2, never finished 1. I did enjoy the surge games they developed but lotf1 just didn't feel right, overall sluggishness, it probably didn't help I played it on the original Xbox One. I definitely will give 2 a try if it shows improvements over 1.

Read some more so this is being developed by hexworks. I have not heard of this dev team..

Last edited:

Fbh

Is Deck13 involved in any way?
I didn't like the first LOTF, just felt like a bad Dark Souls clone without much of personal identity. But they studio has improved a lot with Surge 1 and 2 so I'd be interesting to see what they can do returning to this franchise.

But the announcement seems to imply this is made by C.I games on their own....so I don't have much hope that this won't suck.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Nice. The orig game is underrated imo. It didnt do a bad job for being the first Souls clone released. Bugs effected it a lot but it was a solid 7/10 for me.

I'd expect this to be a lot better now with the experience of making the pretty damn good 'The Surge' games behind them.

I don't think it is underrated at all. People know exactly what that game is and what it gets right (and woefully wrong). I played quite a bit of the game and enjoyed what was there, but for sure this was a beginning effort with features of Sous Like games no one really wants to see (like strictly linear gear progression as an example).

The Surge 2 is definitely a better game than The Surge or Lords but still had major issues (the level design was a lot better here than in either of the other two games).

. . .this will surely end up a "STRONG" 75-80 game on OpenCritic on release (unless they've just had an epiphany in terms of game design).

Nautilus

Banned
Well, between PS5, Series and the Switch, the install base is what? 140 million consoles?

So yeah, makes sense.

Even if they only mean Sony and Series in this statement, they should make up for 50 million units by the end of the year, give or take.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
295451_832x600.jpg

Egi44bSXkAA8Kk5.jpg

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The original is pure gash.

It's not even difficult, it's just fucking cheap. I don't think I played a more frustrating and poorly designed piece of shit game.

I'll still check out the sequel.

It's not even difficult, it's just fucking cheap. I don't think I played a more frustrating and poorly designed piece of shit game.

Really you thought so? I haven't played it in years but I breezed through the first one...I just remember most of the boss fights feeling the same but I liked the look of it/thought the characters were okay. Its definitely a 6/10 type game if there is one lol

I enjoyed the first game enough, if you wanted a Soulslike on your shiny ps4 it was the only game in town.
Combat lacked the weight and impact of Souls, and the "magic" system was a joke which made build variety nonexistent. I rather liked the Warcrafty visual style though. Will definitely check out the sequel.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Really you thought so? I haven't played it in years but I breezed through the first one...I just remember most of the boss fights feeling the same but I liked the look of it/thought the characters were okay. Its definitely a 6/10 type game if there is one lol

Yeah. Really didn't get on with it at all. I say I'll check out the sequel, but my game time is so limited these days that it would need to be GOTY material for me to give it any time of day.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Hopefully they paid attention to part 1's feedback
If they listened to my feedback there would never be a 2, the first is fucking appalling.

If people liked it I’m happy for you, but with utter sincerity and no hyperbole it is honestly one of the worst games I’ve had the displeasure of wasting money on. Even at a deep deep sale price I regret validating the waste of time and resources that is Lords of the Fallen by consensually exchanging money for a copy.

Last edited:
If they listened to my feedback there would never be a 2, the first is fucking appalling.

If people liked it I’m happy for you, but with utter sincerity and no hyperbole it is honestly one of the worst games I’ve had the displeasure of wasting money on. Even at a deep deep sale price I regret validating the waste of time and resources that is Lords of the Fallen by consensually exchanging money for a copy.
That's why they have a slight chance here to steer the property into a better direction or even a vastly different direction. I've seen tons of cases where this happens from a part 1 to part 2, dating all the way back to games like Street Fighter 2 and Zelda 2. The first sequel is the moment to experiment and innovate. Worst case scenario here is that they just copy the first game's formula and ship it.

ShaikhCroft

Why every game has to be too much difficult? If you want difficult you have Souls games! If you want easier you get Lords of the Fallen!

DavidGzz

I like slow games but the first felt a little too slow and clunky. It was fun but I only got halfway through. Looking forward to it!

Tarnished

I really disliked the first game. I finished it but by the end, I questioned why I had bothered. It tried so hard to be Dark Souls but it failed in every aspect.

elbourreau

I was very impressed by the visuals. I liked the slow rythm, and it was really enjoyable.

Looking forward the annoncement.

Top Bottom