• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking to build new pc, have questions

So I am thinking of buying and building a PC with the following specs.

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x
EVGA NVIDIA 3090
1000 Power Supply
2 TB NVME SSD

Can this PC handle World of Warcraft Shadowlands with Ray Tracing at 4K 60? As well as Diablo IV, Awoved, Fable along with S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 ????

I don't have a lot of money, this is the cheapest I could build. Pls help. I have PS5 and XSX pre ordered just in case as well.

Last edited:

martino

80876cb205e6f50b9095ceafe1487751.jpg

Entroyp

Drop the XsX and put that money into a Ryzen 5000 series CPU.

Other than that, don’t see anything wrong with your rig. why do you need 4K for those games? DLSS should have you covered anyway.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
If youre running an NVme you are stuck with a max speed of ~7GB/s?
Might as well be in peasantville with something that fucking slow.

You are going to need a motherboard and CPU that supports three PCIE4x16.
So you can have an SSD AIC and two NVLink RTX 3090s running at the same time.
Then and only then are you at basement level.

Else just throw it all away save your money and buy an Intellivision Amico, that seems to be in your price and power range.

IntellivisionAmicoSkiing.jpg

14n3IXv.jpg

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
Don't buy 3950x - waste of money. For Zen 2 go for 3700x at best (game performance don't get better from that) but I would wait and buy 5900x if I were you.

Waiting will also reveal R6xxx performance/prices and Nvidia will probably have better availability of GPUs.

It really is a shame to spend all that money for a system that will never have a game specifically made for it.

There is also no game made specifically for Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and (soon) for Xbox Series X. All of them were build for weaker configurations at first.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
This is a joke thread...

On the off chance it's not then I'd suggest waiting for a the 5000 series Ryzen CPU's to release.

Top Bottom