• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for steam deck game recommendations

mdkirby

Long time console gamer. Not touched pc gaming in almost 20 years.

Just got a steam deck.

I play every day on PS5 and occasionally on seriesX. I mostly like strong narrative adventures. Ranging from things like the last of us to monkey island.

I have generally already bought every game im interested in on console, so am looking for narrative games that have not made the transition to xbox/ps

Suggestions of voiced point and click adventures will be particularly welcome (feels like the deck will be well suited to them).

Thanks to anyone who has suggestions :)

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
narrative games that have not made the transition to xbox/ps
Don't think there are many of those tbh.

There's a lot of fine people on the Steam Deck OT making recommendations and more, so maybe head over there later if you don't find your answers in this thread.

PS: Maybe check out visual novels that aren't on consoles? I dunno.

Last edited:

mdkirby

Don't think there are many of those tbh.

There's a lot of fine people on the Steam Deck OT making recommendations and more, so maybe head over there later if you don't find your answers in this thread.

PS: Maybe check out visual novels that aren't on consoles? I dunno.
Thanks, I’ll take a look, hadn’t noticed a steam deck OT, but wouldn’t have actively looked for it before 🤣.

I’ve previously noticed quite a few pc adventure games showing up on the switch (only console I don’t own), but not coming to PlayStation etc. not that I can remember the names of any of them. So there’s definitely some knocking around. There’s prob a fair few games more suited to just being in your hands than on the tele too. Visual novels may well be one, the handful on PlayStation hadn’t appealed but they might feel at home on a touch screen.

darrylgorn

These are some from my custom list with more of a focus on shorter, bite sized gameplay or games that you can usually pause/sleep and come back to..

Binding of Isaac
Cuphead
Curse of the Dead Gods
Hades
Monster Hunter Rise
Quake
Portal/Portal 2
Shadow Man Remastered
Spelunky 2
Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga
Tetris Effect: Connected
XCOM