• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live A Live Anniversary Stream this Saturday 7 EST Promises a "Surprise"

Jooxed

Gold Member

Square Enix has announced that it will be holding a live stream this weekend to celebrate the 26th anniversary of quirky Super Famicom RPG Live A Live.

Originally released back in 1994, Live A Live shook up the RPG scene by infusing several unique gameplay ideas. These include the concept of guiding multiple characters through wildly disconnected scenarios, as well as showcasing adaptive gameplay that changes up the battle system and other mechanics as the story progresses.

The stream will feature guest appearances from original Live A Live team members, including director Takashi Tokita, artist Kazuyuki Kurashima, composer Yoko Shimomura, and battle director Nobuyuki Inoue. Most notably, Square Enix promises a "surprise," which is likely connected to the new trademark filed by the publisher back in July.

Maybe with the Trademark renewal this game will come over to the West?

Bakkus

Bet my mom it's gonna be a localization. Come on; Twenty-Sixth(!!!) anniversary for a Japan only RPG only us most hardcore of retro nerds have even heard of? It's obviously just an excuse to announce it. Anyways, I have my AG translation in repro cart so idc.

Top Bottom