• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

Ranger X said:
So yeah, me too I'm pretty much done with LBP. I have other ideas and stuff I am poking with but it will only make true sense in LBP2. November is the start of my "non-life". :p

Every single time I saw you online on PSN you were playing LBP, I though you would never quit it.

Can't wait for LBP2

Gundam Shark Survival Hunter

gssh03.jpg

gssh05.jpg

gssh04.jpg

gssh02.jpg

For the littlebigland.com LBL: 4 in 1 survival competition. Time to show those sharks what's up. :lol

mclem

I'm not likely to make a habit of this, but since I noticed that the new one is up, and I'd hate to see this tradition die out:

LBPC Spotlight 47

PS3 Spotlight

Space Assassins: Vol 1 by Ungreth
PNM Corporation. by Faith_rip
Nocturna Suppresio by angel-punishment
Steam Paint - Locomotive Leviathan by croissantbuncake
Zhani´s Palace: Treasure Hunt by Nilsder94
Sahara by brice-007
SteamFunk by kn0cked-0ut
The Land of the Midnight Sun by AgentBanana
The Realm of the Ancients: I by Zynax555
Autumn Woods by MofoSuperVillain
Wood world by PSYNTENS
LBL: 4 in 1 - The Yeti's Pass (pitm) by O-K-I-N-G-0

PSP Spotlight

The Final Frontier by famouscustard
Greenie Go Home by amazingflyingpoo
NASCOW Racing by Kaiju_kid
Over the Hills and Far Away by VelcroJonze
A Royal Pain In The Sack! by Captain-Rule
Sprocket Town by SalieriAAX
War on Plastic II: Advance by theivmattie2
The Wheel Deal by Fastbro
The Wicked Manufactory by Silver39_7

LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 48

PS3

Nocturne by IceMaiden
PaintUp! by Mnniska
Flying Saucers From Mars (remake) by thanatos989
Umbra Valley: A Lost Soul, and Umbra Valley: Perpetual Escape by L1GhTmArE
LBL: 4 in 1 - Gundam Shark Survival Hunter by gevurah22
LBL: 4 in 1 ATTENDER-ALLIANCE (co-op) by o___NEO___o
LBL 4 in 1 - Archaic Ascension by Duffluc
LBL: 4 in 1- The 2151 Aerostation Project : Endurance Edition by Asbestos101
King Quest. (3 levels) by ferrrch
Enter the 36 Chambers Disc 1 by NinjaMicwz
Sack in a Box by Malhat06
Caventure by apb-andi
Beneath the Machine (Pinball) by smasher1116789

PSP

Autumn Maple Leaves by Spark151
Beginner Logic Pack PSP by Struanmcd
Down Underground by metsfan1025
Extreme Funkyness by defo-est
The Space Temples of Ghana'Sue by NightAngel321
Star Trak: The Fastfood Frontier by Kaiju_kid

enjoy

RyanDG

My wife and I finally picked up Little Big Planet not too long ago. Don't know what took us so long, but we've been having an absolute blast with it so far. We have even start delving into the level editor in a bite size segment sort of way. As just a quick question -- and I'm sure it may have been addressed already in this thread -- but does anyone have any good suggestions for 2 player levels specifically designed for co-op play?

Sorry to bump this old thread but I have a question about the licensed dlc (ie marvel).

Will the dlc be up for an indefinate amount of time? Reason being I've seen dlc be taken down without warning like ultimate alliance 2's dlc. I just want to make sure I get it before it comes down.

canadian crowe said:
Sorry to bump this old thread but I have a question about the licensed dlc (ie marvel).

Will the dlc be up for an indefinate amount of time? Reason being I've seen dlc be taken down without warning like ultimate alliance 2's dlc. I just want to make sure I get it before it comes down.
Aside from the week 1 stuff, all the DLC has been up ever since it gets placed on PSN. You'll be okay, especially since they work with LBP2.

donkey show said:
Aside from the week 1 stuff, all the DLC has been up ever since it gets placed on PSN. You'll be okay, especially since they work with LBP2.
Thanks. Are the marvel packs worth it? I might wait until lbp 2 so I can use sackbots.

canadian crowe said:
Thanks. Are the marvel packs worth it? I might wait until lbp 2 so I can use sackbots.

I'd say they're worth it. Got me into playing again.

About the DLC: The holiday specific dlc is usually only up for a few weeks around the specific holiday but then it's taken down until the next year. Valentine's Day, Christmas, Summer solstice, Groundhog day, etc. At least I tink i remember them warning us that it'll only be a available for a short time. Maybe they released them permanently now?

Ranger X

So, I only need 11 more hearts as a creator, and 10 more hearts on my levels in order to get the platinum trophy. I've been creating a level for some time now, and I finally released it today. It's my last ditch effort to get the platinum trophy. So, if you have the time, please play my level. :)

-----

There is a panic amongst the Chumbwees. It seems that Queen Chumbwee's precious ruby is lost. Try and search for her ruby so that she can be happy once again.

Will try. :)

Ok, I have a question: I'm currently backing up my PS3 files to an external HDD and LBP's always seems to throw me for a loop. I have the OLD profile along with the new backup profile.... is it safe to delete the old one? I ask because the last time I reformatted my PS3 (HDD error) and booted up LBP, it showed that I had ZERO percent completion and never loaded up either profile. At first I was furious until I realized I could load up a back-up profile.

That leads to another question: How do I get that profile to be my default profile where it knows to load itself up if I should ever have to reformat again?

Thanks in advance.

Ranger X

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Ok, I have a question: I'm currently backing up my PS3 files to an external HDD and LBP's always seems to throw me for a loop. I have the OLD profile along with the new backup profile.... is it safe to delete the old one? I ask because the last time I reformatted my PS3 (HDD error) and booted up LBP, it showed that I had ZERO percent completion and never loaded up either profile. At first I was furious until I realized I could load up a back-up profile.

That leads to another question: How do I get that profile to be my default profile where it knows to load itself up if I should ever have to reformat again?

Thanks in advance.

While in the game, the profile that you will import will become the default one.
I would suggest you to start by exporting/saving your current one, to have fresh back up.

Ranger X

MoonsaultSlayer said:
But is it ok to delete the old profile (which seems to only be there to remind me what outfit I was wearing prior to the back-up profile patch)?

You should only need the backup. I just think the game doesn't erase your old ones. I have 3-4 profiles in my PS3, there's like an old one (probably the beta) and then the original release and then the GOTY edition. (well, that's my hypothesis).
Anyways, I don't see why the game would need more than what you can backup. It's a backup or its not.

I made and published my first level, if you want to try it i will thank you.

The Forest by Gafapastismo

I would like to get the platinum trophy in this awesome game.If you like my level, heart it and me as author, please

Is it worth it for the single player only? Without really creating levels? And what is a better deal, regular edition for $15 or the GOTY edition for $25? How much more single player time does the GOTY edition give me?

Sorry for bumping this old thread

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
GOTY edition will add the Metal Gear Solid levels, which are kinda cool but you can get through them in an hour or so. I'm pretty sure you can play them offline, but there are also some really good 'greatest hits' user levels that are on the GOTY disc. The rest of it is just costume packs and updates and stuff.

To answer your first question, you're missing out by not playing the player levels online but the single player mode is still pretty fun. Twice as fun with additional players, but considering how cheap it is, I think it's worth a shot.

Just got an email from Sony with a download voucher code for a free 'Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves'!

Awesome..just need a Move controller now :lol

Edit: I also think this is the final cover art, this was in my email as well as it being the one for every retailer now. I do like the blue!
246pgrd.jpg

anddo0

Square Triangle said:
Just got an email from Sony with a download voucher code for a free 'Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves'!

Awesome..just need a Move controller now :lol

Edit: I also think this is the final cover art, this was in my email as well as it being the one for every retailer now. I do like the blue!
246pgrd.jpg

Got it for free as well.:D

Now only if I had someone to play with. :/

Good thing I checked this thread out. Saw my e-mail and saw the same thing with the free Prehistoric Moves code. :D

Time to fire up the Move. =P

i have a voucher, imma prolly play with the gf her and i have been waiting for this game. I would trade with someone if they had a killzone 3 beta code tho :-/

Ok GAF I just bought LBP...Can you guys tell me all the DLC I need to buy...I know I need the Metal Gear Solid Level Pack to use the guns but what else?? Thanks

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Is the LBP:GotY version worth buying at this point for around $20 with the sequel just around the corner? I've heard the DLC carries over, but is there any other reason to have the first game other than it being cheap and the new one being full new retail?

netguy503

Monroeski said:
Is the LBP:GotY version worth buying at this point for around $20 with the sequel just around the corner? I've heard the DLC carries over, but is there any other reason to have the first game other than it being cheap and the new one being full new retail?

Trophies and the best platinum trophy possibly EVER!!!

But seriously, the story levels WON'T transfer over and that was awesome in itself. EASILY worth $20 alone. And yes you can use those free costumes for your LBP2 Sack bots so that will be fun when making levels in that game.

Ranger X

Monroeski said:

Let's you play the whole set of media molecule's levels (the "story mode") wich are excellent + yeah all the DLC carries over and the Metal Gear Solid levels are really cool and included in there.
Also, if you plan to create in LBP2 it's a must to have LBP1 since everything in matters of creatiion assets are carrying over. 20$ is a steal imo.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny, but I basically forgot that the game came with some levels on the disk. I was thinking about it purely in terms of user generated content. :lol

Guess it's because I'm so interested in the tools and I have a ton of other games to "just play." How are the packed in levels in single player (as opposed to co-op)? Don't know anybody else that owns it.

Cool that I saw this thread pop up, just got a ps3 yesterday with LBP goty with it.

So far we've been wowed with what a good simultaneous experience it is playing with another. We aren't sure at how people like to play online yet as we kinda run, jump, sticker as we fancy and the few people who we've seen online seem pretty........goal oriented.

Amazing opening as well. This week I will get my new plasma and will be able to view this game in the resolution it was made for.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OKay, so the GameFAQ kiddies are saying an 100% save file can't be used for LBP1 conversions. This doesn't please me, given my 08 save file got ate when Sony had to replace my PS3.

WHY YOU DO THIS, MEDIA MOLECULE? Now I have to go through LBP1 for another 100+ hours to get all the items again. :|

Ranger X

TheSeks said:
OKay, so the GameFAQ kiddies are saying an 100% save file can't be used for LBP1 conversions. This doesn't please me, given my 08 save file got ate when Sony had to replace my PS3.

WHY YOU DO THIS, MEDIA MOLECULE? Now I have to go through LBP1 for another 100+ hours to get all the items again. :|

Well, at least you know the levels more than the first time right? It will take way freaking less time than that. I don't even know if it can take 10 hours to complete with everything (given you have people to go through the 2-3-4 players bonus rooms)

mclem

Hang on, a 100% save file *can't* be used? So how will running through LBP1 again help? I'm missing something here about the conversion, aren't I?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
mclem said:
Hang on, a 100% save file *can't* be used? So how will running through LBP1 again help? I'm missing something here about the conversion, aren't I?

Someone elses save won't work. EG: If you lost your save due to acts of god, tough shit. Enjoy going through the Bunker and acing it again. (SMH)

Edit: I really don't see the big deal letting people use LBP1 100% saves in LBP2. 100% saves in LBP1 doesn't unlock the trophies and they don't unlock the trophies in LBP2. Having the items from the get-go wouldn't hurt anyone.

mclem

Ah, good, I guess I can get back to plugging away at acing the levels I'm stuck on, then, I was trying to push towards getting all the items before the release of LBP2.

Is the LBP1 import a one-time-only thing or can you update it if you unlock more stuff?

Out of interest, don't suppose anyone here is up for meeting up next weekend sometime and pushing for some of the x2/3/4 items? I've got quite a few gaps on those.

Ranger X

mclem said:
Ah, good, I guess I can get back to plugging away at acing the levels I'm stuck on, then, I was trying to push towards getting all the items before the release of LBP2.

Is the LBP1 import a one-time-only thing or can you update it if you unlock more stuff?

Out of interest, don't suppose anyone here is up for meeting up next weekend sometime and pushing for some of the x2/3/4 items? I've got quite a few gaps on those.

You can always upload a save file.

jmd494

Ok so I created a working catapult using a controllinator. I have a really cool level in mind but I am hitting an early roadblock.

CURRENT SETUP:

- R1 fires the catapult and simultaneously triggers a magic mouth that is fixed to the projectile (so that the camera tracks the projectile until you let go of R1)

- The left stick moves the catapult

- The right stick applies "aftertouch" to the projectile (there is an advanced mover on the projectile hooked up to the controllinator).

Currently, after I fire the catapult and let go of R1, the camera comes back to the player but the catapult is out of ammo.

DESIRED SETUP:

After firing, I want to be able to emit another projectile in the catapult so that I have unlimited shots. I can do this fine using an emitter but, the problem is, the magic mouth and advanced mover on the newly emitted projectiles don't sync up with the controllinator.

If anyone wants to see for themselves, please use the following link: http://lbp.me/v/yk07qm

Speevy

Banned
Justin Dailey said:
Ok so I created a working catapult using a controllinator. I have a really cool level in mind but I am hitting an early roadblock.

CURRENT SETUP:

- R1 fires the catapult and simultaneously triggers a magic mouth that is fixed to the projectile (so that the camera tracks the projectile until you let go of R1)

- The left stick moves the catapult

- The right stick applies "aftertouch" to the projectile (there is an advanced mover on the projectile hooked up to the controllinator).

Currently, after I fire the catapult and let go of R1, the camera comes back to the player but the catapult is out of ammo.

DESIRED SETUP:

After firing, I want to be able to emit another projectile in the catapult so that I have unlimited shots. I can do this fine using an emitter but, the problem is, the magic mouth and advanced mover on the newly emitted projectiles don't sync up with the controllinator.

If anyone wants to see for themselves, please use the following link: http://lbp.me/v/yk07qm

My first advice would be to buy the second game. ;)

jett

D-Member
Been playing this thanks to Sony's "Welcome Pack" package...so yeah I got it for free. :p So far, it's just all right. I don't find the campaign that comes with the game all that great for a platform game. Or great at all, it's just okay to be honest. Played some "hearted" levels and stuff and they left me with the same feeling. Any community levels you guys could recommend?

malfcn

got it in the Welcome Back package.

2 things: Both of which might be my tv.

a) The graphics kind of look like ass. I get banding in the colors (some games do that, wish I could tweak it out in settings..help?)

b) the game goes to 720p, which makes it tiny on the tv. Other than picking up the remote and changes from full pixel to full screen..wudufux?

Top Bottom