• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

Sorc3r3r

BooJoh said:
I just got a PS3 with LBP GotY Edition, and I have a (possibly dumb) question: Will any DLC costumes/materials/level kits/etc that I buy in LBP transfer over to LBP2?

Also I see a lot of locked levels on the community section. What does that mean exactly?

Yes for the 1st.

Sometimes they are locked by the creator, more often you need a key , found in other creator levels, it's a way to make you play the levels in the correct order.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huh, skip past the development tutorials (released by MM on Twitter):

Go to credits:

D-pad Up, D-pad Down, L1, L2, R2, R1, Triangle, X.

Of course, if you choose to "skip past the tutorials" it doesn't remove the tutorial option. Just gives you the tools and has Stephen Fry not bother you using them.

Now if MM would release a "100%" cheat on their twitter for some of us that don't have the heart to redo/re-100% the game in time for LBP2... *siiigh*

Dragnet

TheSeks said:
Huh, skip past the development tutorials (released by MM on Twitter):

Go to credits:

D-pad Up, D-pad Down, L1, L2, R2, R1, Triangle, X.

Of course, if you choose to "skip past the tutorials" it doesn't remove the tutorial option. Just gives you the tools and has Stephen Fry not bother you using them.

Now if MM would release a "100%" cheat on their twitter for some of us that don't have the heart to redo/re-100% the game in time for LBP2... *siiigh*

Oh my god. They fucking tell us that now. I've had to go through that shit FIVE FUCKING TIMES and they tell me that now?! Goddammit Mm.

LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 45

PS3 Spotlight

Shadow Flare by ShadowFlareX
A Realm Forgotten by Lockstitch
Rohar's Run by RoharDragontamer
Dragons of Myth: Greece by Morgana25
Wunderkammer - part 3 - The Grotto ...and side level The Lighthouse by AccumulationNone
The Evil Orange! (LBW7) by warlord_evil,
The Final Hour by XTrophx
Super TaoBall (Multiplayer Game) by SLS10
Realm Of Magic by xXGrEEn0Xx
The Honey Hive 3: Inside the Honey Factory (part 1 of 2) by SX_shookie99
Grünge by bonner123
Kikaiwa: Vertigunner[Hard] by Vanemiera
The Tricky lil Temple by CANDY_KING_ALEC
Put Your Jetpack... Off! by RedShadow_88
Lost in Time: Specimen Hunter by O-K-I-N-G-0
Cubeworld 2: Workshop Woes by Mrgenji
Kitchen Katastrophy by Foofles
City in the Sky 2 by bonner123
The Liquidizer by Nuclearfish
Mulagura Temple by CreativeBlynk
Granite Gardens by Lockstitch
Play Gamer Platformer by Morgana25

PSP Spotlight

Blue Blitz by BlueBulletBill
The Great Palace of Emitters by Coxy224
The Prisoner by Glass_of_Win
Return of the Red Eye by tsr13
Rocks and Gems by SketchNZ
2Shades by moonwire
The Space Temples of Bluk’Ro by NightAngel321

enjoy :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So is this LBP still getting a Move update or are they saving it for 2? Cause if it's getting patched after 2 comes out I don't see them doing it for LBP1 as well.

Snuggler said:
So is this LBP still getting a Move update or are they saving it for 2? Cause if it's getting patched after 2 comes out I don't see them doing it for LBP1 as well.

Move will be added as DLC for LBP2 as far as i know, idk what going to happen with LBP1

As far as I understand it, LBP2 is coming with some dedicated Move co-op levels on the disc, and then support in creation mode will be patched into the game later.

Hey guys,

Wanted to share something with you.

It's an old level (one of my first, which has changed a lot since I first started working on it in the Beta), but I always wanted to post it in thread and never could because my account still wasn't validated. But, as I have been a member for some time now, here it is:

Lost in the Dark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHDEnZ1s-gY

It's nothing amazing, but I've been working on this for DAYS ... :lol
Don't mind the music by the way. It's custom, as the original sound sucked (recorded this with my old phone).

Maastricht said:
As far as I understand it, LBP2 is coming with some dedicated Move co-op levels on the disc, and then support in creation mode will be patched into the game later.

They also said something about being able to use a mouse & keyboard. I hope that'll be in from launch!

Next lot of Marvel

13553storystory_full-1364908..jpg

13559storystory_full-1369566..jpg

Black & White Planet 3 by jump_button

- Black & White style level
- box puzzles nothing to hard
- 100000000000000 stickers
This is my 3rd Black and white level wanted to try a new take on the style, some box puzzles nothing to hard and some other. Wanted to take the style and really for it it i hope it pay off.

aphotob.jpg

aphoto1k.jpg

aphoto2m.jpg

Ranger X

Yo Jump_button, this looks awesome. I will try that tonight :)
Here's my lastest creation...

DEATH SWAMP by RangerZero

This is the last day of training for Sackboy. If he succeeds this last test/exam, he might be accepted in the AJS (Army Of The Jumping Sacks). But it will not be an easy test that's for sure because it's a course held in the famous "Death Swamp". Yes, the place where many Sackboys died for real...

What is it?

This level is meant to be single player experience and his for intermediate and experienced players. You can play the level casually or you can practice in order to achieve the bubble combos. There's a lot of points to be made in there and in multiple ways. The experienced and skilled player should not only pull off tons of combos (and long ones too!) but also score much more than a beginner. The levels will rewards the player in points for his skill, observation sense and exploration sense too. It's also pretty straightforward and a pure platformer at heart. People that don't really love the plane shifting will also be pleased to see that it plays mostly on one layer. So, to make a long story short:

Points of interest:

- Pure platformer game at heart.
- Swamp theme (actually was inspired by Donkey Kong Country 2).
- Play casually or go for the highscore challenge. (hard)
- 8 piles of gold to find + more secrets (all reflected in your score)
- Almost a one layer level.

Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Don't shy up on feedback. I've been planning that level last spring and then I stopped playing this game. I knew I would finish it at some point and it's for you guys/gals (LBP fans) that I did it.

Have fun!! :)

r1chard

Looking forward to trying out your latest efforts gents.

BTW, play A Realm Forgotten by Lockstitch (mentioned in the Community Spotlight). It's awesome.

thanx is they somthing wrong with stars are not showing on my new level at all is it just my level or what?

ill have to try death swamp later :) look good

BooJoh

jump_button said:
Black & White Planet 3 by jump_button

- Black & White style level
- box puzzles nothing to hard
- 100000000000000 stickers
This is my 3rd Black and white level wanted to try a new take on the style, some box puzzles nothing to hard and some other. Wanted to take the style and really for it it i hope it pay off.
Can't wait to play this, the first two are some of my favorite levels I've played so far.

LBPC Spotlight 46

PS3 Spotlight

Sack of Persia 2 - The Planetarium by TOBSn08
The Wise Owl by bonner123
Rebuilding Imagination by Tehgamebuilder
Danger in The Subway (Remake) parts 1 and 2 by xQziCyFlaMeZxQz
A Shroomey Place to Dance! by Keith-Midnight
Mining Mishaps by standby250
Survival Line by jwwPhotos
Death Swamp by RangerZero
Black and White Planet 3 by jump_button
A Journey through a Mind... by Keith-Midnight
DRAGON SLAYER - 6 LEVELS by Jaeyden and CENTURION24
FIRESTARTER by Ladylyn1
Loch'd Up! Part 1 by Bombw87
Children of the Echo (1 Player) by angiefaramarzi
Optimal Gemini .01 by NinjaMicWz
Tall Temple Trials by Bakscratch

PSP Spotlight

The Beauty of Grey by Kaiju_kid
A Bubbly Garden by valmassoi
Forgotten Factory by Coxy224
Jack McHan and Etlentos - Part 3 by HonzaM25
Tree's, Bee's, and Fee's by austimerr

Xenon

jump_button said:
PSP Spotlight

The Beauty of Grey by Kaiju_kid
A Bubbly Garden by valmassoi

These are both great. Bubbly Garden is very basic but man did he nail the combo gameplay.

After playing PSP LBP exclusively for months, I tried playing the PS3 version. It was so painful. I really hope the tighten up the controls for LBP2.

Ranger X

The spotlight really is strong this week. I really don't know how it is possible that so many levels of amazing quality (most of them better than MM offerings...) can still come out after 2 years...

I need help. Okay, I'm making a level, and I want to make a moving checkpoint. One where if you walk in front of it, and keep on going, it moves up and stays stationary somewhere else. See, I have a checkpoint before a section I'm going to have fill up with gas after all of the sacks are inside of a box. Thing is, I want all the sacks to spawn at a different location, instead of before the box. I know this has been done before in other levels, but I don't know how to go about it. I tried putting a sensor switch in the box, and connecting it to the piston on the checkpoint, but all that does it keeps on making the piston on the checkpoint move up and down or not move at all. I'm pretty stumped.

The level creator is so simple, yet so Intimidating
did anyone else tell themselves "when LPB comes out, I'm going to make the most bad ass level ever"?

Hey folks. It took me 11 years to get an account here, but I finally did a few months ago. I'll probably hang out here now.

My levels are: Little Dead Space and Pirate Sweeney.

I've been done with LBP for a while now and it is crazy the insane talent people now have in this game. Makes me cry.

Ranger X

Darknessbear said:
Hey folks. It took me 11 years to get an account here, but I finally did a few months ago. I'll probably hang out here now.

My levels are: Little Dead Space and Pirate Sweeney.

I've been done with LBP for a while now and it is crazy the insane talent people now have in this game. Makes me cry.

Hey, cool to see you here bud. You still play the game? do you have some levels in the planning?

Been working on a level lately (which is hard to find the time with a seven month =]) and I am getting frustrated with trying to time wobble bolts with pistons and such to have a perfectly synced pattern that the player needs to avoid. It seems so simple but it's just not working out for me. I've settled for something different but I wish I was still able to do the other thing.

Basically, I have an object connected to a piston which moves it from left to right, left to right etc. on this object is a wobble bolt which is supposed to rotate a protruding object from the up position to the down position and vice versa once it reaches each end. MY problem is the timing keeps getting off which throws off the positions and they're never in the right spot consistantly.

Ranger X said:
Hey, cool to see you here bud. You still play the game? do you have some levels in the planning?
Hey! I've been checking in LBP once in a while. My level just surpassed 1million lately so that was neat to see.

But I don't really have much planned for LBP1 and my talents have been way surpassed (since the beginning of LBP1). So I'm going to check out LBP2 (MM said I can get into the beta) and see how that is.

Darknessbear said:
Hey! I've been checking in LBP once in a while. My level just surpassed 1million lately so that was neat to see.

But I don't really have much planned for LBP1 and my talents have been way surpassed (since the beginning of LBP1). So I'm going to check out LBP2 (MM said I can get into the beta) and see how that is.

envy rising :lol my levels never surpassed the 2k :lol

MrPliskin

Banned
spats said:
wut happened :eek:

I was seriously worried, I HATE when people use R.I.P and don't mean it!

I don't think he'll be gone from the LBP community by any means, and he'll still be pumping out awesome levels, especially in November :lol

Ranger X

Darknessbear said:

JEEZUS. That's a freaking lots of plays man. Well, you received decent promotion too on top of being a good level so I guess this goes together!

So yeah, me too I'm pretty much done with LBP. I have other ideas and stuff I am poking with but it will only make true sense in LBP2. November is the start of my "non-life". :p

Teknoman

Ranger X said:
JEEZUS. That's a freaking lots of plays man. Well, you received decent promotion too on top of being a good level so I guess this goes together!

So yeah, me too I'm pretty much done with LBP. I have other ideas and stuff I am poking with but it will only make true sense in LBP2. November is the start of my "non-life". :p

Think it would be a good idea to make basic framework in LBP1 to at least have a head start when 2 hits?

Even though most people will probably go through story mode first :D

Ranger X

Teknoman said:
Think it would be a good idea to make basic framework in LBP1 to at least have a head start when 2 hits?

Even though most people will probably go through story mode first :D

You bet I will!

:)

Top Bottom