• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
What a great thread.

We had a producer from Sony come by Union Night (my company's monthly social mixer) last night with a final boxed copy of LPB for us to play. Set it up on a 60 inch 1080p TV, four pads. Pure awesome. :)

Some of the Media Molecule levels are just absolutely batshit insane. I mean,
stripper lemurs
?!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Mahadev said:
Great thread man.

Btw I just checked the FAQ and I have a weird question about publishing levels since I never managed to publish my level. Can you make a level that will not be published to everyone but you can share only with your PSN friends to avoid censorship?

Yes. You can share with just your friends.

Dante

BlacKMaRK said:
that youtube video was hilarious. i wanted to do something like that but lack the equipment to capture vid from my ps3 =/

* waits for inevitable YMCA video :lol Actually that would take a lot of talent and coordination.

AndyD

aka andydumi
jetjevons said:
What a great thread.

We had a producer from Sony come by Union Night (my company's monthly social mixer) last night with a final boxed copy of LPB for us to play. Set it up on a 60 inch 1080p TV, four pads. Pure awesome. :)

Some of the Media Molecule levels are just absolutely batshit insane. I mean,
stripper lemurs?!

Spoiler that stuff!!!!

belvedere

Junior Butler
I came into this thread with the intention of opening my popit and placing my sticker of approval. The game still isn't out yet though so this post will just have to do.

:D

I'll be picking it up tomorrow. In case anyones wondering, a certaiN store in a certain big citY will be selling it tomorrow. Cool!

Dante

notjackbauer said:
I'll be picking it up tomorrow. In case anyones wondering, a certaiN store in a certain big citY will be selling it tomorrow. Cool!

Hope your PM box is emptied :lol

Wurm

Banned
Wurm said:
Very quick question, is a promotional copy of this game the same as the full retail version? Or is it earlier review code?

Anyone know? TTP mentioned some differences between "Review copy" and "Final Build" and was wondering if this promotional copy I am looking at is either a Review copy or Final Build before I pull the trigger?

Great thread Chef, the reviews are going to be a bitch to update though.

Quick question about the retail release; does it have a full on-screen keyboard or just the gimped number pad from the beta?

Dante

freethought said:
Great thread Chef, the reviews are going to be a bitch to update though.

Quick question about the retail release; does it have a full on-screen keyboard or just the gimped number pad from the beta?

Sadly it's the latter. Hopefully they'll patch later to switch this. Hate using the small one.

GodofWine

Nice one.

(only thing I saw missed, is Tilt can also control the body, clicking L3 toggles the control from head to body)

dejay

Banned
A fine OP. Perhaps you should have left another blank post - I have a feeling you're gonna need it.

Props also for putting your hand up to do it too - imagine how much game play time you're gonna miss out on!

Excellent thread. The only thing the OP needs is a section to keep track of the best user levels, unless there will be another thread on that.

Dante

Oni Jazar said:
Anyone know for how long exactly the sackboy launch DLC will be out for? I'm going on vacation all next week. :(

Has anybody tried to get theirs yet? TTP?, I am scared to try mine :)

Oni Jazar said:
Anyone know for how long exactly the sackboy launch DLC will be out for? I'm going on vacation all next week. :(

the space suit and shirt? i thought they said it'll be up for one week after launch. what you do is take your psp, turn on Remote play on the ps3 and make sure you have WIFI wherever you go. and connect to the ps3 psn store and redeem the code!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
MiamiWesker said:
Excellent thread. The only thing the OP needs is a section to keep track of the best user levels, unless there will be another thread on that.

Would be better to have it in this thread.

newsguy

Day 1 for me. I knew nothing about the actual gameplay up until about 2 months ago. the look made it seem so kiddy, and after researching, it looks like it will kick all sorts of ass. Unfortunately I can't see myself creating anything worthwhile, but I can't wait to start downloading some of these levels I've been watching on youtube.

rhino4evr

MiamiWesker said:

Seriously, we need a better way to organize all the levels. The Beta thread just got out of control. I have a feeling this one will too.

Bulla564

Banned
Sackboy continues to be the single most adorable and brand-friendly video game character to come out in the last 10 years.

With that said, there seem to be so many possibilities with this game, it is quite intimidating.

I think we do need a separate thread with GAF-created levels and level recommendations.

rhino4evr said:
Seriously, we need a better way to organize all the levels. The Beta thread just got out of control. I have a feeling this one will too.

If we create a new thread with all of the good user made levels though then wouldnt people mostly post in there and not in here? Thats going to be the most talked about portion of the game. I agree though that we do need a way to organize it.

I have never played the LBP beta, so I have a Q. Its probably a stupid question.....

Can you use the mouse to create stages in LBP? I would 'think' that it would be alot easier to use than a analog controller, eh?

Anyways, here is my PSN: LabombadogIGN

Labombadog said:
I have never played the LBP beta, so I have a Q. Its probably a stupid question.....

Can you use the mouse to create stages in LBP? I would 'think' that it would be alot easier to use than a analog controller, eh?

Anyways, here is my PSN: LabombadogIGN
No you can't.

Firewire

Banned
Awesome thread!

sackboy_lbp.jpg

I can't resist using this pic! :D

Xenon

Maybe everyone can keep all their levels in a single post. Then the OP could have a link to that post with their user NeoGaf name. That way people could just have all their user, level and search info in a single spot which they could update themselves. All The Chef has to do(or Costanza since he has the 2nd post) is add new user names and maybe keep a top ten levels list. Or maybe add a best/favorite level next to each of the members names.

decon

Would need a mod, but a thread for levels only. Every gaffer have a one single post in which they can post their creations. Comments and "bumps" for edits could be posted in this thread?

Xenon said:
Maybe everyone can keep all their levels in a single post. Then the OP could have a link to that post with their user NeoGaf name. That way people could just have all their user, level and search info in a single stop which they could update themselves. All The Chef has to do(or Costanza since he has the 2nd post) is add new user names and maybe keep a top ten levels list. Or maybe add a best/favorite level next to each of the members names.
Well, I was already doing an website for it:

http://ut3mods.x10hosting.com/lbpgaf.php

You guys can put it in the OP. I'll keep updating it regularly.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I had heard rumors of an early PSN release (like Thursday)

Or will they have a special tuesday/monday update next week for PSN?

Downhome

Since this is the official thread, I'll post the pictures and the tiny bit of info I know so far again:

1001039yj9.jpg

1001040mt7.jpg

From playing just the first couple of levels, the controls actually feel a bit smoother and crisper than in the beta. Maybe it's just me, but moving back and forth between the three areas of front/back movement seems much easier, and the jumps seem just a tad bit less floaty.

I've also noticed that when you grab one of those little windmill things the leap isn't as great when you let go. In the beta I thought it was a little over the top, and that's been "fixed" in the retail version it seems.

The story mode levels in the beta versions aren't anything compared to the other story mode levels. The levels right after those picks up instantly.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Suikoguy said:
I had heard rumors of an early PSN release (like Thursday)

Or will they have a special tuesday/monday update next week for PSN?

Wha? PSN release. That was scrapped ages ago. Wasn't it?

Sadaiyappan said:
This is one of the few games that I could actually see myself paying for DLC. But lets hope it's all free. :D

Hopefully there will be some cool Halloween themed costumes, levels etc coming as it's not far off, oh and some cool Xmas themed stuff too. It's all totally limitless here! :D

joker27

Neo Member
at first I was kind of interested but after seeing the vids and the creative levels, its a wrap. I have to cop this game day one.

Dante

Downhome said:
Since this is the official thread, I'll post the pictures and the tiny bit of info I know so far again:

From playing just the first couple of levels, the controls actually feel a bit smoother and crisper than in the beta. Maybe it's just me, but moving back and forth between the three areas of front/back movement seems much easier, and the jumps seem just a tad bit less floaty.

I've also noticed that when you grab one of those little windmill things the leap isn't as great when you let go. In the beta I thought it was a little over the top, and that's been "fixed" in the retail version it seems.

The story mode levels in the beta versions aren't anything compared to the other story mode levels. The levels right after those picks up instantly.

I noticed tighter controls in the retail version as well

Oni Jazar

DMPrince said:
the space suit and shirt? i thought they said it'll be up for one week after launch. what you do is take your psp, turn on Remote play on the ps3 and make sure you have WIFI wherever you go. and connect to the ps3 psn store and redeem the code!

So wait... I get a code and can just use it without having to load the disc in? Because your theory is so crazy it just might work...

Katana_Strikes said:
Hopefully there will be some cool Halloween themed costumes, levels etc coming as it's not far off, oh and some cool Xmas themed stuff too. It's all totally limitless here! :D

I didnt even think about holiday themed content. I have a feeling we are going to get alot of cool free (and not free) DLC from this game. :D

Xenon

PSN: XenonHMW

LilBig Kong
Its like donkey kong

Wunderball vs Neo Gaf
A puzzle level in which you use the wonderball to progress.

Spiderdungeon
A short level with some random ideas I put together. It is high in difficulty so I also have an easy version.

Silly level
More of a ride level that I made for my daughter with cooler items from other levels. I did add some scoring elements and some interesting gadgets.

Top Bottom