• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Nightmares 1-2 has sold 12 million copies

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Scared Little Nightmares GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
????? What?

CamHostage

I read the thread title at first as, "Little Nightmares has sold 1-2 million copies" and thought, "Weird way of writing that, but good for Tarsier, that's a nice franchise that deserves a little succe...WHAAAAA??"

Never imagined it was selling so many copies, good work all.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Great for them, lovely wee games, but I have a feeling "sold" is misleading here and includes copies linked to accounts for free from PS Plus/Game Pass. Don't get me wrong, regardless its great news for them, for high quality games that are made with love and for indies in general, just something makes no sense with those numbers imo and if I'm wrong then awesome.

Hugare

Limbo wannabe
Its waay better than Limbo and even Inside, imo

One of my favorite horror games of all time

It does many things extremely well. Storytelling, soundtrack, designs, gameplay mechanics.

Controls may get buggy sometimes, but the whole package is impressive

Talkindg about impressive: HOLY SHIT I wasnt expecting 12M. Deserved tho.

PS: The 2nd game's ending is just *chef kis*

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Calling bullshit, in regards to people here saying the second game gets discounted. Unless they were to have it on sale for $5, it's not really being discounted to any great extent.

The first game, yeah probably, but it's also been out for quite awhile.

According to isthereanydeal, the second game on PC has only got down to $9.89 on steam, otherwise regular price is $29.99.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

Has got great execution in terms of artstyle. Even if they count PS+ and gamepass it is still valid because they do get money for that which may amount to very heavy sale amount like 95% or even more it is still sale.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
nah. I dont believe them.
Maybe including GP and other sub numers. Besides.... It's kinda boring and repetitive game honestly

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
That's probably at $1 deal or so... I have on Steam and don't even remember how lol.

BTW didn't like it, too much platforming for such clunky controls and barely any fall resistance, I think it's just cheap platforming, gave same The Evil Within 1 feels where aiming is clunky, resources are waaaaay too limited and instead of letting you go stealthing, it throws hords of enemies at your face way too frequently... Like the level design doesn't align well with character controls and its game design at all.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
It can say cookies eaten for all I care. No way in hell these games sold 12mil
They could come up with “number of players” or “downloads” but they clearly said units sold. They are not that stupid. The could get sued if that number is incorrect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom