• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limp Bizkit have released a new single (Dad Vibes)

Loved there music

While the song text isn't much to talk about, his unique voice and the instruments make the songs straight hype.

I wish Fred wasn't trying to be a shock/bro/jock thing so badly... songs like Boiler and Re-Arranged hit hard af. If he just kept that angle and ditched shit like Nookie on the cutting room floor it'd be so much better.

Pissed all over it and then committed suicide?

Season 5 Wow GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Last edited:

Kenpachii

I wish Fred wasn't trying to be a shock/bro/jock thing so badly... songs like Boiler and Re-Arranged hit hard af. If he just kept that angle and ditched shit like Nookie on the cutting room floor it'd be so much better.

Season 5 Wow GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

He brings a lot of energy towards the group in those video's and basically pushes it forwards. His performance, his voice and energy + presentation absolutely lift the whole thing up forwards with the fantastic beats.

The few people that hate everybody because they aren't purists of there delusional dreamworld enough are just special in my view. The same way as people with movies are pinpointing every single tid bit in a movie out, zooming in 800% at 1 frame to explain how fake a movie is that evolves around aliens on a world that doesn't exist is always amazing to me. Honestly nobody cares about any of that they just want to be entertained.

It's all about the sound the beat and that's about it. And he did it incredible well at the time. This dad song is everything but that.

90's and 00's where full of those people. Unique different and fun to listen towards.

Last edited:

Raven117

I know a lot of people say "my generation had X best thing" but I truly think the 80s were the pinnacle of movies and the 90s were the pinnacle of music
Ha, I don't know about pinnacle of music... (Because...damn the 70s and 60s were something special....you can only go electric once).....But the 90s did have a level of fatalism, nihilism, all before everything descended into online internet hellscape that was awesome. It was truly the last decade (okay, maybe the aughts), before the communication revolution.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
It's all about the sound the beat and that's about it
The sound, the rhythm the harmonies etc are the most important parts about music, yes, but good lyricism is a great skill to have and can make a song.

Porcile

Is there another band out there with generally great musicians, but are then so completely ruined by one single member? That is Limp Bizkit.

darrylgorn

Limp bizkit is like that sudden rush of embarrassment you feel after remembering something dumb you said a few hours earlier.

Shubh_C63

Can't wait to listen to this.
I have always liked their song, their last single I remember "ready to go" was actually decent.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it's top tier driving music. Roll down the windows and blare Bizkit in some unsuspecting neighborhood in 2021, you'll feel better about life
Gave it a listen already, I think Fred shows some real diversity in Goodbye and Barnacle. the later straight up sounds like a Nirvana song.

Raven117

If we are talking about LimpBizkit in terms of their musical quality, well, there are infinitely better hard rock (nu metal) bands out there.

Creed comes to mind. They aren't around though. Thank God.

Creed is absolutely phenomenal musician-wise. Thankfully they made Alter Bridge... well kind of thankfully.

I wish they had reformed with a singer like Scott Stapp... but not Stapp.

If we are talking about LimpBizkit in terms of their musical quality, well, there are infinitely better hard rock (nu metal) bands out there.
As a musician... they are really good musicians (for how bad the music can be) - which is kind of the point here. Same for Nickelback.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
As a musician... they are really good musicians (for how bad the music can be) - which is kind of the point here. Same for Nickelback.

yeah, totally get why they receive a lot of hate for their music.

those are two Nickelback songs mixed together. they sound the fucking same...

Last edited by a moderator:

Raven117

If we are talking about LimpBizkit in terms of their musical quality, well, there are infinitely better hard rock (nu metal) bands out therey
I somewhat agree with this.

Id rather listen to Rage Against the Machine or Audioslave on repeat rather than listen to one song from LimpBizkit, but that's just preference I suppose.

If we are talking about LimpBizkit in terms of their musical quality, well, there are infinitely better hard rock (nu metal) bands out therey

I somewhat agree with this.

Id rather listen to Rage Against the Machine or Audioslave on repeat rather than listen to one song from LimpBizkit, but that's just preference I suppose.

Totally. But when I got tired of hearing them, and "Counterfeit" or "Boiler" comes on XM Radio... I probably won't skip it.

Now if it's Nookie... yeah.

yeah, totally get why they receive a lot of hate for their music.

those are two Nickelback songs mixed together. they sound the fucking same...

I am the Pope of The First Nickelback Album.

Seriously - it's fantastic compared to everything else they've made.

Proof:

But what did you do it for Quantum? WHAT DID YOU DO IT FOR?!

Take that ... wampum and stick it up your YEAH!

Last edited:

JayK47

So an old school band, making fun of being old, released new album digital only like some pre-teen band. I do hope they eventually release a CD. I really like having a physical release for backup of all my music. It is getting harder and harder to do.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
So an old school band, making fun of being old, released new album digital only like some pre-teen band. I do hope they eventually release a CD. I really like having a physical release for backup of all my music. It is getting harder and harder to do.

Buying CDs in 2021 is super niche

I'm just grateful theyve released something

JayK47

Considering it has been 10 years since their last release and this should have come out years ago, I agree. I was pleasantly surprised by Gold Cobra.

I am just not sure if I want to keep giving into these digital only releases. If I pick it up digital, and it comes out on CD, I will be pissed.

Top Bottom