• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition Halo Console + Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The console is badass and the more I look at the Elite controller the more I like it just dont need another one in my life right now (I keep telling myself anyhow)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So incredibly ugly. Even if it wasn't, I've never understood why people want consoles and controllers branded with a specific game.

Hoping for "in store" Gamestop preorders, because I have an easy store nearby that usually takes a while to sell out. You can still spam the microsoft store if you have one in your cart. Not getting me anywhere though....

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Well I already have XSX, I don't like Halo, I don't like most of the special edition consoles looks hideous. But I really like this one. FUCK

Helghan

That console looks amazing. Really thinking about buying it, and selling my XSX for a loss, merely to get this edition.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Cancelled my Forza controller and went with the elite Master chef! This has been an expensive day!

Last edited:

Stuart360

5ksrcf.jpg

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
November 25th?

Possible release date of Infinite then? If this was the last 360/ps3 generation this would all but confirm the release date. Most all games were physical pack-ins back then.

Also, Rate T for Teen is absolutely confirmed now. Kinda disappointing, this all but confirms no flood. Or a complete redesign of the flood where body parts don't fly off like in previous Halo games (the only reason for the M rating of previous Halo games).

And people are already putting preorders up on Ebay :messenger_angry:
Hp9onNe.jpg

cormack12

Gold Member
November 25th?

Possible release date of Infinite then? If this was the last 360/ps3 generation this would all but confirm the release date. Most all games were physical pack-ins back then.

Also, Rate T for Teen is absolutely confirmed now. Kinda disappointing, this all but confirms no flood. Or a complete redesign of the flood where body parts don't fly off like in previous Halo games (the only reason for the M rating of previous Halo games).

Hp9onNe.jpg

Date confirmed as 8th December for release.

Lone Wolf

November 25th?

Hp9onNe.jpg
Will probably be taken down.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Seems like making an alien shooter limited edition console would be an easy thing to do, the console looks good but it’s not using classic halo purples, blues etc. it has to look alien.

cormack12

Gold Member
Seems like making an alien shooter limited edition console would be an easy thing to do, the console looks good but it’s not using classic halo purples, blues etc. it has to look alien.
The vent is cortana blue I think. Instead of green. The rest I thought was just forerunner style tech with a space sky lol

Riky

$MSFT
Console looks like nice but I've already got two Series X so will wait for a redesign before getting another one. Hope they sell the pad separately though as that looks great.

I'm not sold on the design they chose for the console. I think a worn/used future UNSC aesthetic would have looked really great. The Forerunner Aesthetic has been done a couple times already.

I really like that Master Chief Elite controller though. My Elite S2 is closing in on 3000 hours of use and everything feels as good as new so I don't need it, but I still want it.

Pantz

Got one ordered so I can pass my XSX down to a relative. Not sure if I like the design though. Hope to see some better pics of it.

jaysius

Banned
The elite series 2 isn’t good is it? I’ve read all the nightmares about it.

It‘s stupid that this isn’t a elite 3.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Sony: We made the ugliest home console with the Ps5
MS: Hold my beer

Thristy MS looking for all the victories they can get

:sick:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

It‘s stupid that this isn’t a elite 3.

This is my concern too.....WHy not makea series 3 with the improvements theyve made with the standard pad...Im quite concerned about laying down so much cash on that controller for it to break.

Max_Po

Banned

Yes it has a lot of quality issues,

my first one had faulty R1, Second one had faulty A
exchanged it for another which was almost perfect some sometimes A does not registers. Read that it might be an issue with mold/ shell manufacturing. I sold it just a few weeks ago.

People should keep their expectations in check, some can't even get a regular Series X.. and these will be extremely hard to get.

jaysius

Banned
This is my concern too.....WHy not makea series 3 with the improvements theyve made with the standard pad...Im quite concerned about laying down so much cash on that controller for it to break.
Save the shenkles for a series 3 it’ll be much better than this.

bender

What time is it?
Not a fan of either controller design or the console. I think the console would have been dope with just the black space/stars and the gold power button.

Sleepwalker

I love it but already have a normal XSX. Pains of being an early adopter for every console is I never get to have special editions lol oh well. hopefully sony will do some custom plates at some point.

The elite controller is not that great looking, wish it was in the same color scheme as the regular + console.

Still want rip

Top Bottom