• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange True Colors: Graphics Test / First Look

Vasto

The Xbox Tester does a play session with Life Is Strange: True Colors. To me this is one of the best looking games we have gotten this generation. The colorful art style / aesthetics are simply amazing.

best looking games we have gotten this generation.

Awkward Rashida Jones GIF by Angie Tribeca

Lupingosei

Banned
I don't like it, reminds me of these CG TV show for girls.

And how people smile is creepy.

Last edited:

Vasto

Almost every scene in this game can be an actual painting. Who ever did the different angle scenes in this game did some movie quality work here.

If Video Games can be considered to be art this is it. :messenger_waving:

Last edited:

elliot5

It does look nice op. The art style is good and they've managed to retain the look which making it modern. Much better than the telltale ish look from the other titles

Banned
Almost every scene in this game can be an actual painting. Who ever did the different angle scenes in this game did some movie quality work here.

If Video Games can be considered to be art this is it. :messenger_waving:

games that are usually used as examples of "why games are art" are almost always terrible games... and that's for a reason. because usually they focus on everything except interesting gameplay

the Life is Strange """games""" are an example of this

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I refuse to even evaluate the art or any other part of the graphics because the chromatic abberration effect is so fucking horrible and ruins the whole of every frame by it being there.

From now I'm voting with my not-RGB-split eyes, if I see CA and you can't turn it off in the options or file editing on PC at worst then they won't get my money.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that completely ruins the whole presentation for me and is a slap in the face of the artists that worked on this game. Its actually a fucking disgrace:

I had to message the devs of Death's Door like three (3) seperate times just to get them to realise they had accidentally left it on during production and didn't mean for it to be in the final released product. I managed to remove it day one with some kind person's help (I had to editing fucking DLL files, I'm not joking) so I wasn't annoyed with the dev and hounding them about it - I know there are more important things to fix, like actual bugs that stop progress - but the devs themselves told me multiple times the game did not have a CA screen-effect (The game uses an over-the-top CA effect when a specific boss fires a lazer attack, I don't mean that) applied to the screen and I had to take screenshots and send them to them to prove that it did.

They were like (shortened for brevity) "oh thats not supposed to be on" 🤦‍♂️

Is it possible I could make a career out of going round game dev studios and telling them how shit CA is (99% of the time its used, not always) and getting preview code I can take home and view on my display so I can tell them about any weird things they haven't seen on their in house displays.

I always see devs (even indie studios) testing the game on at least 50" screens so I really don't get why they don't see these issues/how much CA ruins the image. Maybe the sets are just kinda rubbish and don't show detail well, I have no idea.

Fuck, I feel like Apu again :messenger_tears_of_joy::

Last edited:
Top Bottom