• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange Remastered Collection | Official Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Life is Strange Remastered Collection includes ‘Life is Strange Remastered’ and ‘Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered’. Both award-winning games have been remastered with updated visuals across characters & environments.

Featuring the following remastered upgrades:
- Remastered visuals across characters and environments
- Vastly improved character animation using full facial mocap performance *featured in Life is Strange Remastered only*
- Updated and refined gameplay puzzles

Sacred

Loved this series although the new game looks terrible. However, this is the worst remaster I have ever seen.

Purchased these games in December in the hopes of playing them and news of this came out a month or so later. You can imagine the disappointment and the attempts of refunding were the exactly the same. That being said, £37 for rudimentary visuals and tweaks and no discount for existing owners? Dontnod were about to close up shop when gamers bailed them out so I'm surprised to see them milk the community.

Purchased these games in December in the hopes of playing them and news of this came out a month or so later. You can imagine the disappointment and the attempts of refunding were the exactly the same. That being said, £37 for rudimentary visuals and tweaks and no discount for existing owners? Dontnod were about to close up shop when gamers bailed them out so I'm surprised to see them milk the community.

Dontnod dont own the rights to LiS. This is Square wanting more money to fund more final fantasy. Chaos!

RaZoR No1

James Franco GIF

the improvements are soo minimal..

biggest difference was, that the remaster was darker and the hair had more detail/edgy, but the old one looked better (softer)

matty3092

Loved the 1st series of LiS but this doesn't even look different and no I don't want to play this game again so soon after the original release. LiS BTS is trash also

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Take a look at the trailer for a look at Chloe's bedroom cutscene from the original 2015 Life is Strange as compared to the upcoming Life is Strange: Remastered Collection.

The Life is Strange Remastered Collection includes Life is Strange Remastered and Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered, and features remastered visuals across characters and environments, updated and refined gameplay puzzles, and more.

The Life is Strange Remastered Collection launches on Stadia, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on February 1, 2022.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Pretty underwhelming in terms of rendering improvements, but the faces/facial animation do look a lot better.

winjer

Gold Member
There is a lot more shadows all around. Characters and objects seem more realistic and grounded in space. But the room ends u looking much darker than before.
Facial animations are better, but still nothing amazing.
I noticed some use of global illumination, probably pre-baked. You can notice this in the window with the flag, now there´s a lot of red bleeding unto the walls.
Eyes are a much improved. They seem to have higher resolution for pupils and better reflections. But nothing like RTX reflections.
Texture detail and models seem to be the same. Or very close to the original.

On the one hand this means the game looks and feels like the original. But on the other hand, it gives little reason to buy this remaster, if you already own the original.

I love the series, but for those who are the contents there was no need for a remastered. It is the story that is the protagonist, certainly not the graphics.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Life is Strange: Give us your money twice edition

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Return to Arcadia Bay and experience two award-winning Life is Strange games like never before! Remastered visuals and animation breathe new life into the great cast of characters and gripping stories: https://sqex.link/5709

Features:
- Remastered visuals across characters and environments
- Vastly improved character animation using full facial mocap performance
- Updated and refined gameplay puzzles
- Engine and lighting upgrades
- Choice and consequence driven stories with multiple endings
- Harness the power of Max’s rewind ability or Chloe’s quick-witted attitude to change the course of events
- Distinct licenced soundtrack & original scores

The Life is Strange Remastered Collection includes ‘Life is Strange Remastered’ and ‘Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered’.

Top Bottom