• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life by You - Announce Trailer

Jinzo Prime

So it's The Sims, but somehow gayer.

Its going to make ton of money if its any good.

But they have to hire a real composer; That song in the first video is MIDI hell!

baphomet

God even the names of games these days sound boring as fuck.

Half these threads on here I have no clue what they are because the name tells me all I need to know.

Comandr

I like all of the things you can create. Careers. Mods. All of it integrated right into the game. Smart!

This game looks ugly as fuck. God damn. Not even just on a technical level; the characters have no charm.

Sims are cute, fun, quirky, and often find themselves in hilarious or zany situations. The uh.. Lifers or whatever we are calling these things are just so DRAB. They remind me of the off-putting realism of the sims 3. But without any of the charm or personality.

I also think that using native language is a mistake. I don’t trust any of the writers from paradox, or the frothy fangirls that have honed their craft on the purge x boyz 4 now fanfics to be able to inject decent narrative into this game.

In the end I’m glad the game exists, if only as a thought piece or cautionary tale.

Good luck tho.

Tbh I trust the developer. Cities skylines blew it out of the park compared to sim city. Especially with the free available mods. And yet somehow the DLC was still worth buying.

I have no doubt this game will be good

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Paradox Tectonic’s King Choi dropped by the Future Games Show Summer Showcase to deliver a developer presentation for Life by You, revealing exclusive footage of the barista job. Life by You is coming to Steam Early Access on September 12, 2023.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hello everyone! We have an important Life by You update brought to you by the GM of Paradox Tectonic, Rod Humble. Life by You’s Early Access date has moved to March 5, 2024. We’re excited to take this time to continue improving Life by You, and can’t wait to continue to update you on our development!

We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to Pre-Order, Wishlist, and leave us questions and comments! We’ve added an extra bonus for everyone for the start of Early Access, the Nightclub Vibe pack.

If you previously pre-ordered, your pre-order will be automatically refunded by Epic.

Top Bottom