• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lies of P system requirements released

Dampf

Steam just released the recommended and minimum system requirements for Lies of P.

MINIMUM

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200/Intel Core i5-7500
  • RAM: 8 GB RAM
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560 4GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
  • DirectX: Version 12
RECOMMENDED

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Intel Core i7 8700
  • RAM: 16 GB RAM
  • GPU:AMD Radeon RX 6700 / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
  • DirectX: Version 12

The interesting part of this are the recommended GPU requirements. It appears like this game is using Raytracing on default at higher settings (probably high onwards?), which is why the 6700 and 2060 are equal, as Turing has faster RT acceleration compared to RDNA2.

It seems like the difference between last gen and current gen will be pretty big in this title, as the higher settings seem to be developed more with the current gen consoles featureset in mind than in previous cross gen titles as RT seems to be playing a larger role here.

Requirements start to shift and it seems we are finally at the last breath of cross gen and slowly entering the current gen only era.

//DEVIL//

I never understood the recommend part. What they recommend is a potato.

Is recommended = full hd at max settings and 60 FPS ?

What does recommend mean ?

Guilty_AI

in theory, its the system where they can guarantee you'll have a good experience while minimum is a system that can at least run the game even if the experience isn't ideal.

In practice however, it means whatever the hell the devs think it means.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
What they recommend is a potato.
That's a pure BS:messenger_poop:

My 8700K (for instance) provides me with everything I need when it comes to performance @4,8GHz on all cores, not even remotely affecting 3070's performance in 4K and won't be doing it with new GPUs of the next 4-5 years or more.

5W2qBEw.png

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

The config the dev recommend you match to not have any performance issues.
Generally these days 1080p60 - AutoConfig.

MinSpec really is the only one that matters cuz thats the lowest spec the devs think the game will run on without issue.
If you are below MinSpec and have issues dont come crying.

Top Bottom