• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About X(-23): So, you want to know more about LOGAN's little murder girl..

Status
Not open for further replies.
They left it open ended. Since Tacky has the memory problem , he just said he slept with a lot of women and she could be his

Nah they confirmed it later on, in that story I forget the name of where the students go into the future. Finesse starts inheriting Tony's memory problems and explicitly confirms he's her dad

It's a hypothetical future but it seemed to remove the doubt Tony was Jeanne's father

Slayven

Nah they confirmed it later on, in that story I forget the name of where the students go into the future. Finesse starts inheriting Tony's memory problems and explicitly confirms he's her dad

It's a hypothetical future but it seemed to remove the doubt Tony was Jeanne's father

Alternative futures don't count, even then we need DNA and at least 2 super science types to sign off on it

Less mistakes are made again
571812-spiderman3.jpg

Xmo1WOH.jpg

'Logan' Breakout Dafne Keen on Audition Embarrassment and Her X-23 Future (Hollywood Reporter)

4. She made an impression on set. Keen was only 11 years old while shooting the Fox film, and is described on set as ”a freak of nature and a supernatural child" by Kinberg and ”physically sharp as a tack" by Mangold." Never low on energy, she was often spotted running around between takes. Says Keen of the role, ”All the wire stuff in the stunts was great, but most of all I liked being a wild animal."

She also impressed with her dramatic moments. ”When we started working on the script, we talked a lot about Natalie Portman in The Professional: somebody who looked like a child but had the kind of maturity and sophistication behind her eyes of a grownup. That's what she has," says Kinberg. He advises Keen's future directors, ”Trust her instincts, because she has great ones. And watch her — she does small, nuanced things that most child actors don't do. Most child actors are very big in terms of their performances, but she's very subtle."

7. She's open to playing Laura in the future. Mangold has previously said he's entertained by the idea of an X-23 spinoff, and Keen says that she isn't ready to give up her claws just yet. Of Laura, Keen says, ”She is an emotional bomb. She's complicated — she tries to be so strong but she feels so kind of vulnerable at the same time. I really love her. I'd love to keep playing her."
For those that haven't seen the movie yet, this is your spoiler warning: other articles on that link describe key moments from the film.

If Laura/X-23 does reappear then I hope Fox gives Dafne the chance to come back and play her again, she really was incredible in her scenes.

I'm going to be that guy and write, 'wtf, op, spoiler in the title'.

I've been avoiding trailers this whole time. Can you remove the X-23 bit at least?? Fuck, man...

great movie, I should look into the backstory a little more but doesn't affect the movie that much. I usually like a movies take on the characters more than the baggage they come with from the comics.

"oh, a character from the cartoons that everyone likes? Okay. Let's bring her into the canon. She's a whore now."

Fuckin' Quesada.

She's a very interesting character, but the way they dragged her character into comics was not the greatest thought-out or well-written of stories. Ha-ha!

NYX was so good, to bad it got cancelled. And The main character, Kidden, I believe came to a bad end.
She was used by Bishop to create a "time wall" so he could trap Cable and Hope in a specific timeline. X-Force went in to get Hope back and Domino ended up having to kill Kiden because otherwise they wouldn't have been able to get back to the present. And also because X-23 couldn't bring herself to kill Kiden, who was basically a brain-dead body with her power constantly turned on.

Nephtis

Dafne was perfectly cast. She IS X-23.

In the OP there is a comic cover where she looks exactly like Dafne too. And this is a comic that was drawn many years ago too. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom