• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk about Mr. Bones

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Mr bones was a very unusual game that came out on the saturn. It was essentially a bunch of really bizarre mini games centered around this skeleton guy and blues. It was really fucking hard but unique in a way.

Your thoughts?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I purchased the game years ago just by chance (saw it for cheap) and also enjoyed it. It's so very strange, but had a good sense of humor.

The first stage was a terrible idea, though, as it doesn't represent the rest of the game. An FMV background (Saturn quality) with sprites running around over it? Not good...

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I almost bought this 2 days ago. I didn't. But I like these types of games. I own Incredible Crisis. Those are my thoughts.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Musashi Wins! said:
I almost bought this 2 days ago. I didn't. But I like these types of games. I own Incredible Crisis. Those are my thoughts.

You should get it, if not for the fact that its just something off the wall. One of the final stages has you telling jokes.

Ironclad

Bought this quite a while ago and I love it. The soundtrack is brilliant and the game is a lot of fun. My favorite song from the soundtrack is Icy Lake. So damn hillarious, great level too. Definitely pick it up Musashi. It's very unique.

"bones..bones..bones..we're carrying a skeleton to an icy lake..and his name his mr. bones...bones.."

Thats so wierd I was just listening to songs from this game.

Ironclad

flarkminator said:
"bones..bones..bones..we're carrying a skeleton to an icy lake..and his name his mr. bones...bones.."

Thats so wierd I was just listening to songs from this game.
Best song in the whole damn game! I think I am actually going to play this later today. Time to take out the Saturn.

PC Gaijin

sp0rsk said:
Mr bones was a very unusual game that came out on the saturn. It was essentially a bunch of really bizarre mini games centered around this skeleton guy and blues. It was really fucking hard but unique in a way.

Your thoughts?

Yeah, it was an interesting game. I bought in on clearance for $10 and wasn't disappointed, but if I had spent full price for it I might have been. Some of the levels just didn't work, but the whole thing was just trippy enough to make the effort to play it worthwhile. Segasoft did some rather oddball stuff on the Saturn. Ever played SCUD? Like Mr. Bones it was a strange mismash of ideas that didn't quite work, but I felt compelled to play it for some reason.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Man, I wish I had a Saturn...this game sounds cool, I only remember hearing about the title before but never paid much attention to it...and that song is awesome. :D

Top Bottom