• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's settle this. Do you eat the pizza crust or not?

Who are you?

• Total voters

Cohetedor

I eat the crust, unless it's day old little Caesars, that stuff is literally like a dog's chew toy. As far as cutlery, only if it's too hot or like deep dish where it's really not practical not to use a fork.

Javthusiast

Banned
harry potter GIF

Soodanim

Gold Member
I'm not the biggest fan of stuffed crust, but I eat all the crust every single time.

What's probably more divisive than the OP is the hotdog stuffed crusts I've seen. Who wants that in their crust?! If it's going to be anything it needs to be cheese, sauce, or preferably nothing at all.

Give me Italian base too, I don't need thick bread. I'll eat it, but I don't need it. Italy got it right when they invented it.

UnNamed

Banned
It depends.
In a good pizza, crust is soft and fluffy, so it's very digestible.
In a bad pizza is like eating a shoe sole.

Some types of pizzas, usually the square ones, are made intentionally crispy, so the crust is the best part.

Last edited:

D-ray

As most people say, it depends. Personally, depends on how full I'm, and if the crust is actually good.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Depends on how fat I am feeling. And yes I know the crust isnt making a huge difference in this case, just a mental hang up.

reksveks

No cutlery unless it's one of the stupid deep pan pizza with too much on it.

Always crust unless it's a leftover pizza on the day later. Crust is pretty great.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
depends what kind of pizza it is.

if it's crunchy hard shit then no i'm not eating it. if it's soft/stuffed then i'll devour it.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
In 99% of cases, I will eat the crust. However, there's a pizza buffet by my place that puts about one bite of toppings on three bites of pizza per slice.

I do not eat the crust in that case because I see their tactic as a representation of the worst aspects of capitalism: exploiting cultural norms (eating pizza crust) to maximize profits (toppings = more expensive than crust, so severely limit toppings. Have customers fill up on flour). Every uneaten crust during my visit is an assertion of my God-given human rights.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
If the crust is good, sure. Sometimes it's nothing more than a handle.

If the pupper is around all the crust goes to her regardless.

Ionian

Pizza first, crust as dessert in case there's still room.

Depends on the pizza of course, most come with dips and my God I'm eating the guts of it first so I get my value from it then move onto the crust if there's still room left and use the dips then.

Depends on the pizza though. In Italy I'd eat the lot, especially in Tuscany or Siciliy. Here, well, we're not known for pizzas so you savour the flavour first and fill the tank after with crust if still hungry.

A decent pizza here (made to order) is crazy money if you don't want too much like Dominoes or Pizza Hut, overladen behemoths of a shitty pizza.

Italian joints (here) that make them from fresh ingredients are costly but far smaller so the crust is needed to top off the meal.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Only degenerates leave pizza crust. That shit is made for dipping in something runnier than pizza crust.

lachesis

Always eat. Often times, the crust is the best part. If it is not, that’s not a good pizza worth eating at all.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I’ve had some bad pizza(for pizza’s standards) and some crust is not worth eating. In these pizzas it’s not even real dough, it tastes like bisquick. As bland and tasteless. It doesn’t deserve time in your belly.

Top Bottom