• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's recommend modern indie music |OT| It's like pixel art for your ears.

By modern, I'm generally talking about music made in the last 10 years from artists or bands founded in the last 15 or so. The point is to share somewhat newer artists who are releasing music in their creative prime. I'm also referring to "indie" as a general sound rather than who is on a major label or not, or how popular a given artist happens to be.

In 90s terms, think Bjork, Radiohead, Fiona Apple, or Belle and Sebastian. But of course not those artists, and not their recent music.

I've loved music all my life, but as I've gotten older it just seems harder to find new music that interests me. If you feel the same, and discovering new music is something you still enjoy, then maybe we can help each other.

Here's a number of examples of what I mean by modern "indie" music, while I acknowledge that's a less than perfect word to refer to such a variety of sounds.

Last edited:

Cobenzl

possibly not the answer you are looking for but for me, the fun is in the discovery so apart from King Gizz (see below) I’ve linked a few radio stations we’ve listened too over the years in various countries.

The one and only…

BBC 6 music
FM4
La Fabrik
Triple J

love Courtney Barnett too…

Gerry Read

Roisin Murphy count?

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I'm also referring to "indie" as a general sound rather than who is on a major label or not, or how popular a given artist happens to be.
oh.. well I post it anyways as I think its a nice mix up between 90s alternative and rap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom