• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's guess technical problems with the new consoles, GAF

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
At the start of every console's life cycle (maybe ever), some defective units show up with all kinds of problems. The PS360 gen was mostly known for the Red or Yellow Light of Death and people got scared to buy and get a problematic hardware. It was blood shed all over of the companies.

PS4 base and Pro was mostly for his HDMI and the disc ejecting out of nowhere, also the "cooler like a jet going into space" thing(?). Xbox One was to turn the power on, or the Kinect that didn't wanted to sync. Wasn't that bad in comparison with before, still not good thou.

Switch came and was basically the JoyCons, with some units with a display problem.

Now that consoles will support 120hz and ray tracing, maybe a GPU problem could happen? Audio problems because both consoles are HDMI? Some people said that the SoaC of the PS5 is heating, so we will see some light of death again?

Let's talk, Gaf

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
that thermal paste on the ps5 is gonna give out in like 2 years just like the launch ps3 and ps4 and pro. the ps4 consoles didnt ylod but they were loud as fuck after just a year or two. i wouldnt be surprised if the ps5 is the same.

my xbox one x is also loud after just a couple of years. i barely ever played it too. now the fans run loud even when im playing a bluray.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm a little concerned about longevity or reliability since I'm sure the pandemic slowed production but Sony still wanted to meet production targets for launch this fall.

Birdo

Banned
I was going to make a poll thread about this. Which console will be first to have tech issues? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

The Switch had the right Joycon connection issue. Even Nintendo aren't safe from the early adopter curse.

DJT123

The PS5 has trigger warnings/auto-censors when you engage with mature content, from loud vociferous beeping to sending automated online reports to Sony HQ exposing your shame.

You need to go into its new Bios menu and disable that shit before u start gaming

Rob_27

Or who ever assembles them will have done something silly to them as they had to work all silly hours

PS4 had shoddy joysticks rubber that broke over time, L2 and R2 buttons that would gradually eat the rubber pads making the triggers unresponsive in many games (ended up changing controllers three times / buying spare parts off ebay to dismantle and fix them ), thermal paste that would dry out making it sound like a jet (have to open my PS4 a couple times a year to change paste, other i'm pretty sure it would have not survived the generation), PS3 had YLOD due to bad thermal paste (bricked my launched PS3 because of this, since then been changing paste every now and then), PS2 had disk read errors after a couple of years due to dust on the lens, forcing me to exchange it three times in a single generation... So i'm not really brimming with hope that PS5 will be any different. That , coupled with the fact nowdadays early buyers kinda get screwed by a PRO version a year later anyway makes me want to skip being an early adopter, especially with that BS preorder fiasco going on... Besides, looks like I can just buy current version of games and get them upgraded to PS5 version down the line for free anyway, so why bother with the defective overpriced first gen iteration while I could just wait for the PS5 Pro with 2X HD space, better performance, most of the gen 1 kinks ironed out and at probably cheaper...

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

Every XBSX core will melt and explode with the power of 12 Terraflops killing everyone in 10 mile radius. Death toll to be counted in hundreds of millions.

ZFyo4h9.gif

PS5 will eventually become self aware thanks to secret SSD tech and take over every computer system connected to the net. Soon after Terminators with PS5 logo will start wiping out humanity.

2BHb1Gx.gif

Top Bottom