• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's go! Mortal Kombat Onslaught announced (Mobile RPG game)

anthony2690

Banned
https://onslaught.mortalkombat.com/

Sorry, it is just a crappy mobile game :(
dumpster-trash-can.gif

Where is my proper Mortal Kombat 30th anniversary game reveal? :(

Edit:more info.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...Bros.-Games-Announces-Mortal-Kombat-Onslaught

"New Mobile Collection Role-playing Game Featuring Exclusive Story Experience and Console Quality Cinematics Launching Worldwide in 2023"

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I think thats a perfect end for what is a moronic franchise nowadays.

I hope it has all the usual mobile garbage stuff, like purple crystals and gems.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I'm so disappointed, I hope to god this mk12 or whatever the hell they are working on is revealed soon.

I would even buy a hd remake of Shaolin monks tbh.

Stitch

Gold Member
I'm not even against mobile gaming if it's a pay once kinda game like (most) kairosoft (game dev story) games.

But this is a Warner mobile game. It's going to be awful pay to play trash.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
WB puts all these resources into Mobile garbage but refuses to allow NRS to make a Kombat Kollection of the original 3 arcade games for modern systems that people have been screaming for....baffling to say the least.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I tried Injustice and MK mobile. Dave & Buster’s has the Injustice arcade machine, which is essentially the mobile game on a big screen with 1 or 2 buttons. I like it until I miss the big game. Mobile can feel like an inferior experience. iOS use to have a version of MK3, but I think it was 32-bit and it got phased out. NRS said they have a few pans in the oven. Can’t rule anything out.

anthony2690

Banned
WB puts all these resources into Mobile garbage but refuses to allow NRS to make a Kombat Kollection of the original 3 arcade games for modern systems that people have been screaming for....baffling to say the least.
Didn't they already do a collection of the original 3 games on Xbox 360/ps3? Not going to lie, I have no interest in them, I'd maybe play ultimate mortal Kombat 3.

But 1 and 2 are doodoo now days.

& I'd much rather a new game tbh.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Didn't they already do a collection of the original 3 games on Xbox 360/ps3? Not going to lie, I have no interest in them, I'd maybe play ultimate mortal Kombat 3.

But 1 and 2 are doodoo now days.

& I'd much rather a new game tbh.

They did but it was a buggy mess and they never bothered to fix the issues. Longtime fans deserve a true, proper collection.

Nickolaidas

This is probably a mobile game which will be connected to the next mainline MK entry.

Don't get discouraged, folks. We're eating good next year, fatality wise.

Comandr

But like... Why? Who is your audience? I don't think your average Mortal Kombat enjoyer is the same kind of person that wants to play a mobile... collectathon ... RPG? wat? This reeks of a game like Marvel Strike Force or any other energy driven gacha designed to drain your wallet.

Fake edit: “With Mortal Kombat: Onslaught, we reimagined Mortal Kombat into a strategic team-based collection RPG with fast-paced, group melee combat that both new and existing fans can enjoy.”

Yep. So it's just MSF with a MK coat of paint. Fucking lame. This is why people don't like mobile games. Maybe push the medium for a change.

Uh here's an idea. What about a regular MK mobile game instead? Make it free to play with limited character selection and sell character packs for like a buck a character. Or you could sell costumes and fatalities/babalities/friendships. You can always add more later to fill out the roster and keep things engaging, the customer doesn't have to spend a bunch to get in the door and can even choose how much they spend. I don't think anyone would ever say that touch screen controls are a great avenue for a fighting game, but with enough shortcuts you can make something work. Why not just go whole ass crazy and make it cross platform.

Idk. does that make too much sense?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
But like... Why? Who is your audience? I don't think your average Mortal Kombat enjoyer is the same kind of person that wants to play a mobile... collectathon ... RPG? wat? This reeks of a game like Marvel Strike Force or any other energy driven gacha designed to drain your wallet.

Fake edit: “With Mortal Kombat: Onslaught, we reimagined Mortal Kombat into a strategic team-based collection RPG with fast-paced, group melee combat that both new and existing fans can enjoy.”

Yep. So it's just MSF with a MK coat of paint. Fucking lame. This is why people don't like mobile games. Maybe push the medium for a change.

Uh here's an idea. What about a regular MK mobile game instead? Make it free to play with limited character selection and sell character packs for like a buck a character. Or you could sell costumes and fatalities/babalities/friendships. You can always add more later to fill out the roster and keep things engaging, the customer doesn't have to spend a bunch to get in the door and can even choose how much they spend. I don't think anyone would ever say that touch screen controls are a great avenue for a fighting game, but with enough shortcuts you can make something work. Why not just go whole ass crazy and make it cross platform.

Idk. does that make too much sense?

They’ve made multiple mobile fighting games and they all stink. They use some weird swipe based system.

I remember playing this for a while to get some MKX skin or something. Apparently it’s still going.

Top Bottom