• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Microsoft.com sent me an email saying that I "left" my Xbox Series X in my cart. I was thinking there was hope, but of course it wouldn't let me complete the purchase and just get the usual error when trying to complete checkout.

Store still says sold out.

Same thing happened to me.

LOLCats

Banned
according to now in stock history looks like the Microsoft store has been releasing some here and there.

RmndPGz.jpg

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
yep Amazon fucking around, i have a bestbuy backup order just in case of some Amazon shenanigans.

Last edited:
It's more than likely just a standard warning for both console since they are very high demand items and especially seeing as the pandemic is causing havoc for delivery services trying to meet demand. I'm not sure though, does Amazon choose delivery priority based on who ordered and when or do they just randomly assign you based on location to the nearest depot?

Thabass

Got an Amazon email too. I'm pretty sure pre-ordered mine within minute or so of it going live. So, I'm not too worried.

And if it does come later, it would actually help me lol

Last edited:

Komatsu

I also got mine within seconds of it going live but I don’t think inventory distribution has anything to do with the order of purchase. Most likely, Amazon will distribute a set number of inventory across its warehouses is in the 50 states. California will get X, TX will get Y, so on and so forth.

Aladin

Somebody use google analytics and see traffic for "ps5 preorder" and "xbox preorder" for different countries. This would be a better guage of demand than the amazon list.

Because PS5 sold out within a few minutes of going live and hasn't sold since.

This is the annual list. Note the rather large difference in positions...they are a page apart.
I don't want to disappoint you but you're going to have to keep your expectations in check a bit.

Here is the UK (Most favorable Xbox area) below;

Chill mate, there is no way of knowing true demand if a product sells out in few minutes. The demand is more than stock is the only inference.

Aladin

vkVDU6p.jpg

To be fair, people could have also searched the term "xbox series x preorder" and the likes.

The biggest areas of interest for "xbox preorder" vis a vis "ps5 preorder" in dec order,
1. Sweden
2. India
3. Mexico
4. USA
5. Canada
6. UAE
7. UK, Ireland

Aladin

I added few other terms, there is significant traffic for "xbox series x preorder"

wFHqBbs.jpg

k00gXQg.jpg

So xbox preorder search traffic is about 85-90% of playstation preorder search traffic worldwide in the past 30 days. However same person could have changes search term from "xbox preorder" to "xbox series x preorder". In any case, xbox interest is better than 1:2 ration in favor of playstation.

Interesting observation, Mexico and India seem to be the greenest nations beating USA.

Somebody please make a thread on this, would be interesting to read opinions.

Last edited:
It's another CYA email from Amazon. I got one for my PS5 pre order and one for my XSX pre order. I wouldn't be too concerned over this since it seems like everyone got one.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Anyone that got an order in on Amazon.ca get the email people are mentioning here? I'm wondering if it's just an Amazon.com thing

lachesis

Same here on Amazon Email list... I think I was also pretty quick on it too.

PS5 first and now XSX as well.... lol. Hope it's just a formality that Amazon sends out to everyone who pre-ordered. Oh well.

Kagey K

Banned
Anyone that got an order in on Amazon.ca get the email people are mentioning here? I'm wondering if it's just an Amazon.com thing
I think Amazon.ca got their numbers right and everyone is fine.

It seems like both consoles launched much smoother up here than our neighborly friends down south.

This has literally been the easiest console launches so far for me.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I think Amazon.ca got their numbers right and everyone is fine.

It seems like both consoles launched much smoother up here than our neighborly friends down south.

This has literally been the easiest console launches so far for me.
Yeah, other than Best Buy and Amazon.ca not going up at the time they were supposed to and the checkout at Best Buy having issues initially, I thought it went pretty well for us.

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah, other than Best Buy and Amazon.ca not going up at the time they were supposed to and the checkout at Best Buy having issues initially, I thought it went pretty well for us.
Best Buy checkout almost killed me. Fucking get it in my cart but the Visa won’t verify for like 3 hours. I wasn’t worried because it was a second system for either the bedroom or to try and make sure one hits delivery date.

In the end once they sorted it it was good, and if it was my only option I might have got stressed.

Preordering a Series X was a painless process. It did take a while to get it to add to the cart though. I hope my order isn't cancelled. I did it at Best Buy. Its still going strong and says store pickup for Nov 10.

NeonDelta

UK Gaf. Shopto have just emailed me to say I'm guaranteed for launch.

Have to pay it off by October 31st.

I pre registered in April

Dibils2k

has anyone got email from amazon saying they will receive day 1? or is amazon just sending that out to everyone to be safe

Last edited:

BONDO

My amazon preorder just updated. Looks like day one secured. Hoping Ps5 gets the same love here in the next few days.
X1VDqqG.jpg

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
For those in Canada, Best Buy sent out an email to it's employees informing them that stores will be getting absolutely no stock for the Series X|S. They're going to be online exclusive items. So for those hoping to find one in store on launch day, your best bet would be to try and secure an order the next time they go up.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Series X date on Amazon updated to launch day i got for a family member. Got my email from the Microsoft Store with the launch day confirmation too.
Thank you for saying something my Microsoft confirmation email was in the junk folder. Good to know day 1. Now to wait on a few more reviews especially the falconeer.

Thank you for saying something my Microsoft confirmation email was in the junk folder. Good to know day 1. Now to wait on a few more reviews especially the falconeer.

most definitely. Man I was on the phone with someone, got the notification and thought it was spam myself. Towards the end of the month they usually send those "You have x amount of free games waiting on you" XBL Gold emails, or "Next month on gamepass" joints..so I dismissed it.

Opened it a few minutes later and was like ooooooooooh shit lol

Top Bottom