• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters

njean777

I didn't get one and even had Amazon/ BB open and constantly refreshed. Had to drive to work and missed out on the Amazon orders and tried for an hour for the BB pre-order and didn't get it. My sister went to GameStop and was 7th in line and they only got 6....... so yeah I will wait to see if I can get one later if I want one. I got really lucky and got an amazon pre-order for the ps5 and all of my friends play on PS so not really bothered just disappointed. It is what it is, and congrats to all that got a Series X.

saintjules

Someone posted this on reddit. Some people have used this client to get alerted immediately for when things are in stock. It's a chrome extension so it's a bit different than stock informer / nowinstock. Someone got a 3080 by using it, so it's worth a shot.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So....how smooth was pre-ordering Xbox Series X/S compare to PS5? I guessing it went much better than PS5 pre-ordering.

Kagey K

Banned
I missed this earlier. AngryJoe once again is LTTP on pre-orders. Decides to wait until 2pm CST, Expects pre-order waiting for him with a bow.

If only he had some sort of warning or notification of when they would be live, maybe he could have been there on time instead of just going meh im Angry Joe there will be one there for me.

Dumbass.

Kagey K

Banned
So....how smooth was pre-ordering Xbox Series X/S compare to PS5? I guessing it went much better than PS5 pre-ordering.
Sold out quickly most places and Best Buy and MIcrosoft had some checkout hiccups (Best Buy was a bit more than a hiccup). Fairly smooth other than that though. 😅

j0hnnix

Gold Member
If only he had some sort of warning or notification of when they would be live, maybe he could have been there on time instead of just going meh im Angry Joe there will be one there for me.

Dumbass.

He wanted to login and just get one no hassle, like if it was....

bender

What time is it?
1704710_0.jpg

Superkewl

Gold Member
I missed this earlier. AngryJoe once again is LTTP on pre-orders. Decides to wait until 2pm CST, Expects pre-order waiting for him with a bow.

Joe is a dumbass. I watched his video yesterday about MS acquiring zenimax and he even mentions that pre-orders go up at 10am CST(texas time) and in his rant video here, you can see he is trying to buy one 4 hours after the launch time. what the hell does he expect?

I honestly wouldn't watch his videos if it wasn't for Alex and OJ. They should start their own channel.

Last edited:

Yams

Joe is a dumbass. I watched his video yesterday about MS acquiring zenimax and he even mentions that pre-orders go up at 10am CST(texas time) and in his rant video here, you can see he is trying to buy one 4 hours after the launch time. what the hell does he expect?

Well, Angry Joe wouldn't have been able to make an angry video if he showed up on time.

I guess much smoother, because PS5 sold out in under a minute to few minutes

And series x/s is still available after 23 hours of being open.

So, because demand is so small it is smoother as all whom want it, got it.

Because US people always assume that it is the same situation everywhere, it is fair to assume that it didn't sold out anywhere because it didnt here ;)

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.

How many subscribers her got? Wait a month he’ll be making a video that ‘his great friends at Microsoft just sent him’

And he’s gonna unbox it for his subscribers...

Last edited:
Amazon UK has the X and S as number 1 & 2 bestsellers which is no big surprise of course, PS5 is 3rd and DE 17th, I guess that kind of confirms the PS5 had a lot less available units on launch day

** The 2020 chart has the PS5 selling more, so I guess there were more PS5 stock then XBX **

Last edited:

The Shepard

I got a series x late last night from the Microsoft store, no hassle, the series s was available everywhere still and still is available today.

Just shows that early adopters want the best.

Edit: accidental reply

Last edited:

Delt31

guys - I JUST got an xbox series X from sams club. They have been my go to for systems this year. Maybe they have some extra stock?

T-Square

I got a couple of orders thru with confirmations, don't know what it will amount to. I won't believe it until I'm plugging in the hdmi

Walmart right away, best buy took me over 2 hours

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
There have been hundreds of people "currently buying" Series S consoles on Shopto every time I check. It even went into the 800's last night.

Makes me wonder if they will actually have enough to ship on launch day. Because it's looking like they may be over-booking.

Last edited:
What is wrong with me, I haven't managed to pre-order an XSX or managed to get a 3080. I have bought every new XBox except the one S on the day of release since the first one but some how this year I slipped.

It never seemed this crazy to get the tech you want. Has the demand just gone through the roof or are they just limiting stock so they can say theyve sold out on everything these days?

There have been hundreds of people "currently buying" Series S consoles on Shopto every time I check. It even went into the 800's last night.

Makes me wonder if they will actually have enough to ship on launch day. Because it's looking like they may be over-booking.
Wouldn't be the first time.

dolabla

What's everybody actually getting for games? I think it's just going to be the new COD for me, but that doesn't release on XSX's launch day so I guess I'll just play one of my X1 games from my backlog until release. It would be nice if Activision did an early release to coincide with the XSX release :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

CAB_Life

What were these YT clowns expecting after a generation extended through 1/2 steps and an entire population currently starved for entertainment and restless at home: a peaceful and orderly ordering process? Have they seen any footage from a Black Friday sale? This was the same, but with bots and soccer moms and sweaty nerds all pummelling Amazon’s servers like a virgin at a fleshlight.

I spent an hour and a half refreshing and stalking Amazon’s secret release date to get mine and they were literally sold out 5 minutes later.

I tried to preorder a series x through Microsoft yesterday using All Access and I was approved. My order then got an error and didn't go through, I am assuming because they had already sold out. I got notification today that this hit my credit report. Did this happen to anyone else? Any ideas on what I can do?

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
The two biggest retailers here are still selling SeS and SeX but with a deliver date to December. I assume MS has been more active in processing new batches than Sony.

Last edited:

Njocky

Banned
Someone posted this on reddit. Some people have used this client to get alerted immediately for when things are in stock. It's a chrome extension so it's a bit different than stock informer / nowinstock. Someone got a 3080 by using it, so it's worth a shot.

Thanks dude. Giving it a try.

Yams

So is it sold out everywhere now? How long did it take? Is the demand as high as PS5?

Probably depends on where you are trying to buy it. In Canada, they were sold out yesterday by 2PM as far as I could tell.

PS5 demand is probably still higher, especially in Europe.

Starfield

on Amazon.de Series X is at #1 while PS5 is at #12 lol
7vKGRKs.png

whats happening there? is that true?

seems like PS5 is behind Series X on Amazon.fr too

oof.PNG

I just randomly went to JB HI FI's website to check on pre-orders for Cyberpunk and noticed there was something in my cart... it was an Xbox Series X (must have left itin there from the other day)!!! I hit confirm order and it went through... just got the confirmation email from them. Interestingly, you cannot pre-order them on their site anymore.

Kagey K

Banned
I just randomly went to JB HI FI's website to check on pre-orders for Cyberpunk and noticed there was something in my cart... it was an Xbox Series X (must have left itin there from the other day)!!! I hit confirm order and it went through... just got the confirmation email from them. Interestingly, you cannot pre-order them on their site anymore.
Maybe you got lucky and somebody cancelled right before you went there. Or they had it held for you the whole time.

Angry Joe could have used some of your luck. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
on Amazon.de Series X is at #1 while PS5 is at #12 lol
7vKGRKs.png

whats happening there? is that true?

seems like PS5 is behind Series X on Amazon.fr too

oof.PNG
Because PS5 sold out within a few minutes of going live and hasn't sold since.

This is the annual list. Note the rather large difference in positions...they are a page apart.
I don't want to disappoint you but you're going to have to keep your expectations in check a bit.

Here is the UK (Most favorable Xbox area) below;

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Microsoft.com sent me an email saying that I "left" my Xbox Series X in my cart. I was thinking there was hope, but of course it wouldn't let me complete the purchase and just get the usual error when trying to complete checkout.

Store still says sold out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom