• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's discuss some great classic FPS games (but feel free to start new threads too)

far-cry-pc-capa.jpg

Just a reminder, the new Rise of the Triad comes out on the 31st on Steam!

Edit: Great thread! As for the future, I really hope that Doom 4 makes it out of development hell and that Epic is working on a new Unreal.

Ridesh

Banned
Man, that screen shot looks pretty amazing, at least aesthetically. How does the game actually play?

Well, it's a 2001 game, but I can tell you that the gameplay is similar but better than both BioShocks IMO. The magic was more fun to use than the plasmids, more options for dual wielding, good enemy variety, great boss fights.

It really is one of the most underrated games ever.

Well, it's a 2001 game, but I can tell you that the gameplay is similar but better than both BioShocks IMO. The magic was more fun to use than the plasmids, more options for dual wielding, good enemy variety, great boss fights.

It really is one of the most underrated games ever.

Better than BioShock you say? Well, let's see if this is true.

I'm a rabid BioShock fan.

I used to play Return to Castle Wolfenstein with my dad all the time.
Same with Doom 3.
Man I wish he still played video games...

Das-J

Law of the West

images

Pretty solid list going here... Played damn near all of them at the time and still go back every so often.

It's been quite the ride working on shooters the past decade, but sometimes I really wish I could go back in time and make user levels for Blood in my PJs!

FYC

Banned
IGN thread reminded me of this thread.

RoTT is really good in both the campaign and multiplayer departments. They just released a huge patch that comes with free maps!

I highly recommend it. The patch helped fix a shit ton of bugs / performance issues, so now's a better time than any to jump in. Level editor and a new weapon are on the way.

Also, Dave Oshry of Interceptor hints that they may be working on a new Descent!

What if I told you... something like this was closer than you thought?

Top Bottom