• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Possibly Releasing May 31st

Blond

Banned
No trying to be a dick but how times are they going to sell the same fucking product? And why hasn’t the 2000s Star Wars arcade game never been ported?

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I was really hyped until it was revealed a few months back that there aren't going to be PS5 enhancements. It's been delayed several times, which i thought was because they were adding next gen enhancements.

ManaByte

Gold Member
That's a placeholder like how when they say a game is coming Dec 31st because it's coming sometime that year its probably coming sometime in May

Normally GameStop doesn't put placeholder dates. When they don't have a date they just put "pre-order" on the box.

SCB3

No trying to be a dick but how times are they going to sell the same fucking product? And why hasn’t the 2000s Star Wars arcade game never been ported?

This is a completely new game, the older ones from I-VI and Force Awakens have been remade and 8/9 are brand new to the lego series

Umbasaborne

Banned
This has been an obcenely long wait for a lego game. I wonder if they hit other roadblocks besides covid. Normally they reveal a lego game and its out 2 or 3 months later

Umbasaborne

Banned
I was really hyped until it was revealed a few months back that there aren't going to be PS5 enhancements. It's been delayed several times, which i thought was because they were adding next gen enhancements.
Yeah them saying that the ps5 and series x versions wont have next gen upgrades like enhanced visuals, ray tracing, or other stuff when the game comes out is so fucking strange to me. Why release those versions at all if they will just be glorfied ps4 and xbox one games?

CamHostage

As others have said, this is a fresh take on the saga so it's not just the old LEGO Star Wars upresed, and there's more story covered in expanding across the 9 films. But also, it's a family/kids game, so the majority of the audience I would assume wasn't around for the PS2 games or the re-releases, etc. 2005 was a long time ago (and if you're a Sony gamer, 2005 doesn't even exist anymore...)

("Gameplay" Trailer for those who haven't seen it)

This has been an obcenely long wait for a lego game. I wonder if they hit other roadblocks besides covid. Normally they reveal a lego game and its out 2 or 3 months later

The development cycle has been baffling and worrisome. Normally, there would be like a half-dozen LEGO games from TT Games across a number of franchises, now this one game is taking two extra years (in addition to all the time they put in before even announcing it) and it's the only known title on their radar. I'm hoping there's not something wrong at the studio (did LEGO Dimensions cripple them when it went bad or what happened?) Admittedly, I've fallen off on the LEGO games because they were mostly the same and I ran out of kids to play them with, but it was a nice product line and TT Games (Travelers' Tales) is at heart a good studio, so I wish them well and am eager to see if the LEGO Star War Skywalker Saga adjustments win me back to their brand.

Top Bottom