• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga launch was nearly as big as Elden Ring | UK Digital Charts

reksveks

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga was not just a big hit at UK retail, but a major digital sales success, too.

The Warner Bros and TT Games title saw 61% of its sales come via download stores, according to GSD. That means the game only narrowly misses out on matching Elden Ring's huge launch back in February (digital and physical combined).

It is comfortably the second biggest game launch of the year overall in the UK. And the fastest-selling LEGO game in history.

In terms of digital, Xbox was the dominant platform accounting for 41% of sales, PlayStation accounted for 34%, PC 18% and Switch 7%.

Overall (so including physical retail), PlayStation was the biggest platform with 39% of sales, followed by Xbox (34%), then Switch (16%) and finally PC (11%).

Also new this week in the GSD digital charts is Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition at No.9. The remaster of the classic RPG sold best on Nintendo Switch (44% of sales), followed by PS4 (31%), then PC (15%) and finally Xbox (11%).

Here is the GSD UK Digital Top Ten (week ending April 10th):

PositionTitle
1LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (Warner Bros)
2Elden Ring (Bandai Namco)FIFA 22 (EA)
3Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
4WWE 2K22 (2K Games)
5NBA 2K22 (2K Games)
6Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
7F1 2021 (EA)
8Tiny Tina: Wonderlands (2K Games)
9Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition (Square Enix)
10Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar)

Lego platform splits

AllPSSwitchXboxPC
Physical
39%​
18%​
12%​
9%​
0.02%​
Digital
61%​
21%​
4%​
25%​
11%​
Total
100%​
39%​
16%​
34%​
11%​
Digital %
61.00%​
53.18%​
26.69%​
73.56%​
99.82%​

Source:https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...nearly-as-big-as-elden-ring-uk-digital-charts

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

Figure It Out What GIF by HyperX

Kuranghi

I didn't buy it because it's got shit tons of annoying tech issues. Great fun game though and better than Lego has been for half a decade.

I'll buy it when it's on deep discount for the collection.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Games awesome. If you are a fan of lego and Star Wars its absolutely nostalgia heaven!

I'm surprised there havent been any comparisons from the tech sites yet, I really want a DF or someone to look into how the switch version holds up because it looks crazy good on the series X.

bellome

Games awesome. If you are a fan of lego and Star Wars its absolutely nostalgia heaven!

I'm surprised there havent been any comparisons from the tech sites yet, I really want a DF or someone to look into how the switch version holds up because it looks crazy good on the series X.
As a collector of LEGO Star Wars Minifigures i am in heaven with this game, fanservice done right!

I just wish we had a gallery of all the character/ship models to inspect/zoom in.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

As a collector of LEGO Star Wars Minifigures i am in heaven with this game, fanservice done right!

I just wish we had a gallery of all the character/ship models to inspect/zoom in.
I posted this in the OT but no one responded: can a 4-year old play this game?

I want to introduce him to Star Wars and gift him a new game. The kid can play Astrobot on his own perfectly fine. Can't read but knows all the alphabets. Right now playing Spongebob Bikini Bottom with a little help.

bellome

I want to introduce him to Star Wars and gift him a new game. The kid can play Astrobot on his own perfectly fine. Can't read but knows all the alphabets. Right now playing Spongebob Bikini Bottom with a little help.
I am playing it exclusively with my 5 1/2 yo boy.

We already played many other Lego videogames before (old Lego sw titles too) among the others and from a pure gameplay experience i would say this LEGO SW game is pretty enjoyable for him but exclusively on a coop session. It is not like astrobot where he can play and progress through the game by himself. The open world part of this game is pretty safe for kids to mess around, but to progress through the story they will need the guidance of a more experienced player.

As any other LEGO game the camera management may give some troubles to unexperienced players.

The worst part of the game by this point of view are the driving scenes/space battles/boss battles that sometimes may be too cahotic for kids to understand what is going on on the screen and what they are supposed to do, the camera management doesn't help in this.

You are welcome if you need any more insights on this, if you are looking for a good coop experience to play with your young kid (not Star Wars related) I may suggest Knack2, it is in my opinion one of the best out there, if not the best.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I am playing it exclusively with my 5 1/2 yo boy.

We already played many other Lego videogames before (old Lego sw titles too) among the others and from a pure gameplay experience i would say this LEGO SW game is pretty enjoyable for him but exclusively on a coop session. It is not like astrobot where he can play and progress through the game by himself. The open world part of this game is pretty safe for kids to mess around, but to progress through the story they will need the guidance of a more experienced player.

As any other LEGO game the camera management may give some troubles to unexperienced players.

The worst part of the game by this point of view are the driving scenes/space battles/boss battles that sometimes may be too cahotic for kids to understand what is going on on the screen and what they are supposed to do, the camera management doesn't help in this.

You are welcome if you need any more insights on this, if you are looking for a good coop experience to play with your young kid (not Star Wars related) I may suggest Knack2, it is in my opinion one of the best out there, if not the best.
Appreciate the insight, my friend. I do have Knack 2 but never actually played it. (sorry, kyliethicc kyliethicc )

I'll give that one a try. Your comment also gives me confidence that the kid will be able to play SW Lego in co-op, after a couple of months at least. Thank you!

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

I think they would definitely enjoy it, it's really quite easy and has clear checkpoints to move you to the next story mission. I would imagine they could do the main story with no problems and then you could just jump in to assist with the collectibles on free play, maybe?

anthony2690

Banned
Not really a Lego or star wars fan, but ended up grabbing this, it's brain dead easy and a pretty fun collectathon.

But I definitely got sucked into everyone else's hype for it.

reksveks

How do they know Nintendo digital numbers when Nintendo don’t release them?
Nintendo the publisher doesn't share their numbers but other publishers on the eshop can.

GSD digital data includes games from participating companies sold via Steam, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Nintendo Eshop. Participating companies are Activision Blizzard, Bandai Namco, Big Ben Interactive, Capcom, Codemasters, Electronic Arts, Focus Home Interactive, Koch Media, Konami, Microids, Microsoft, Milestone, Paradox Interactive, Quantic Dream, Sega, Sony, Square Enix, Strelka, Take-Two, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Nintendo and Bethesda are the notable absentees, alongside smaller studios.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I think they would definitely enjoy it, it's really quite easy and has clear checkpoints to move you to the next story mission. I would imagine they could do the main story with no problems and then you could just jump in to assist with the collectibles on free play, maybe?
That sounds good. Thank you!

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
Nintendo the publisher doesn't share their numbers but other publishers on the eshop can.

GSD digital data includes games from participating companies sold via Steam, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Nintendo Eshop. Participating companies are Activision Blizzard, Bandai Namco, Big Ben Interactive, Capcom, Codemasters, Electronic Arts, Focus Home Interactive, Koch Media, Konami, Microids, Microsoft, Milestone, Paradox Interactive, Quantic Dream, Sega, Sony, Square Enix, Strelka, Take-Two, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Nintendo and Bethesda are the notable absentees, alongside smaller studios.
Good to know I thought it was platform wide. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom