• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Skywalker saga will not have next-gen features at launch

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-...-will-be-missing-next-gen-features-at-launch/

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga may be launching on PS5 and Xbox Series X, but it won’t be taking full advantage of those next-gen consoles – at least for now.

Developer TT Games’ lead hub designer Dawn McDiarmid told Official PlayStation Magazine UK that while the PS5 version of the game will load faster thanks to the console’s SSD, Sony’s other next-generation selling points – including ray tracing, 3D audio and the DualSense controller’s full functionality – won’t be supported at launch.

The video game sequel was originally intended to launch on just PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC in 2020. Following its delay to spring 2021, however, TT Games confirmed that it’s also heading to next-gen consoles – even if it seems it now can’t take advantage of all their features, at least where the PS5 is concerned.

LucidFlux

As long as it runs at 60fps and a decent resolution I can live without those features at launch. I know my wife isn't going to care lol...

GriffinCorp

Wow It looks epic! This is going to be my first Lego game, I've always overlooked them but this trailer is perfect. I'm hyped.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
IS this a new game or a bundle or the old ones?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
TT's been a mess for the last few years, massive staff turnover, lots of senior people quitting or taking long breaks, some truly bafflingly awful management decisions from what I've heard.
I mean, its always been a sweatshop type of place, but my understanding is that things had just gotten way out of hand, and Skywalker Saga was a complete shit-show production wise.

It wasn't delayed to add next gen features, it was just way, way, behind.

Last edited:

azz0r

Banned
The consoles been out long enough that this kind of compromise on a game that still isn't released shouldn't be acceptable.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
The consoles been out long enough that this kind of compromise on a game that still isn't released shouldn't be acceptable.
Patches shouldn't be acceptable either but they happen with every game now. Hell, most games have a day-one patch to 'complete' the game.

D.Final

Banned
Source: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-...-will-be-missing-next-gen-features-at-launch/

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga may be launching on PS5 and Xbox Series X, but it won’t be taking full advantage of those next-gen consoles – at least for now.

Developer TT Games’ lead hub designer Dawn McDiarmid told Official PlayStation Magazine UK that while the PS5 version of the game will load faster thanks to the console’s SSD, Sony’s other next-generation selling points – including ray tracing, 3D audio and the DualSense controller’s full functionality – won’t be supported at launch.

The video game sequel was originally intended to launch on just PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC in 2020. Following its delay to spring 2021, however, TT Games confirmed that it’s also heading to next-gen consoles – even if it seems it now can’t take advantage of all their features, at least where the PS5 is concerned.

Not a problem for me

Top Bottom