• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego |OT|: Let’s build together.

ahtlas7

Saw this new Harry Potter set
YgEryaX.jpg

Xk9ovG1.jpg

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Okay, I'm going to need a very good reason not to get this one... I've been waiting for some really big kit since I finished the Titanic last year...

It is over $500. Looks cool but I don't care about the clone wars stuff.

I'm not really into Animal Crossing, but I thought some of you would probably be interested:

In other news, I severely underestimated the size of that Venator, holy cow...

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Just took my kids to Brick Fest, it was pretty small and not really worth more than an hour ( with kids ) visit. Without kids it could be a 15 min deal. The supposedly had some deals on lego sets but you had to use QR codes and find the item on your phone to find the price so we didn't bother.

BlackTron

Got Palpatine's Throne Room and JP Visitor Center as gifts but haven't had a chance to make them yet as I decided to crack open this thing sitting in the closet as the "gift to myself". By piece count this is my biggest set ever beating the original ISD by 1000 parts (still bigger by volume of plastic). Back then I made the ISD in 11 hours in one day. I opened this on the 25th and didn't finish it until last night, grazing on sections daily. I feel old and slow. By the way, screw the numbered bags. Spilled it all in one giant pile, as God intended.

n4VvS32.jpg

I started dropping other sets around it the second I finished it. This is the "connecting piece" that will motivate me to do a city layout. I just need to figure out where because this will get big (not my coffee table). I have some old style road plates but the new solution just works so much better and goes only where you want it to...dammit LEGO.

L4NeCnn.jpg

Really an Amtrak SHOULD look like it's going to ride up near an underground turtle lair, right? Yeah now I feel a fire under my ass to finish a custom I started 20 years ago. The lair part is actually done, I just got overambitious and ran out of steam with the Channel 6 News building on top of it.

Quasicat

I wished there was a better way to show off Statler’s laptop, which begs another question…why does Statler have a laptop?

BlackTron

So they are making a DnD set from an Ideas submission 21348. The info they have is 3745 pieces for $360 in April this year.

Zi2XeXo.jpg

Just thought a lot of people here would like to know this. I think it looks pretty nice, but loses a lot of the mood and mystique of the original submission, sadly. I would be WAY more excited to buy that.

WZBKK3s.jpg

Kilau

Gold Member
So the LEGO Titanic was for my 8 year old son. He read one story about the Titanic and became obsessed with the history of it and since he also loves LEGO it seemed like a good idea.

He finished his build with no issues, seems like a very fun build from watching him and helping him sort.

ZbIq5pj.jpg

tvXDdIW.jpg

AJUMP23

Gold Member
So the LEGO Titanic was for my 8 year old son. He read one story about the Titanic and became obsessed with the history of it and since he also loves LEGO it seemed like a good idea.

He finished his build with no issues, seems like a very fun build from watching him and helping him sort.

ZbIq5pj.jpg

tvXDdIW.jpg
That is great. Really a great build. Nice to see kids learning to build and not play with the Lego.

Quasicat

That is great. Really a great build. Nice to see kids learning to build and not play with the Lego.
I get it. Sometimes my son will build random stuff and other times he will follow the instructions. I like that he is disciplined enough to do a big project which takes quite a bit of focus.
For me, my job is sometimes so random and hectic that I buy a Lego set for the sole purpose of building with a set of rules. Sometimes we need that.

The Family each got a Lego kit recently from Bestbuy,
Mine was a working model of the Sun, Earth, Moon system.
Keeps track of the day, moon phase, seasons. Has it's own way of keeping the tilt of the earth in the same position as it runs around the sun.
All with the turn of one little crank, that somehow is easy to turn with all this motion going on.
It was less than 600 parts. With easy instructions that included how to 'calibrate' the positions. :)

Top Bottom