• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System leaked

iconmaster

Banned

“What do you mean, iconmaster? A new Lego game for a Nintendo system?”

No, I mean a LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System.

“Ah, so a Nintendo system that’s been Lego-themed in some way?”

No, it’s actually a LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System.

NboPY27.jpg

jgwriXb.jpg

O1dZKam.jpg

The 80s CRT May be my favorite part of the set.

crumbs

This looks more interesting than their first Nintendo set, which was pretty low effort. 230 euros seems steep, but between LEGO and Nintendo, you know it was never going to be cheap.

Neat, I love the old style TV. I'd put that on display. The price is justifiable (Price per part is pretty good) but that's still a lot of money to spend on such a novelty item.

Rockondevil

Gold Member
Pretty much echoing everyone else at this point. But as a LEGO and Nintendo fan this looks great.
Probably won’t get it just due to the price though. Hard to justify LEGO purchases these days.

Kokoloko85

Add in Apple and Disney to that team and you’ll have a collective fanbase that will spend a 1000 bucks on sticker because loyal fanbase is loyal.....

cormack12

Gold Member
Nintendo is almost as big as the TV, see they're using the 1>PS5 scale. I find Lego severely over priced.

kWQyCdJPdaT2M1ihi4MpdTZcjiOIECksIgKmRuL8KT0Sexl6Ya1jjW4tJR5jCGb3ORrjDmGi42awtJRJn_v-XnZECD88QB4xyWc391_tCea1wayiObe2ALlpxppDW2zVWmwloyDd2nAfUo0ouluR

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Looks great, with excellent attention to detail (I like the red and yellow dots / AV ports on the back )

That's my favorite detail too. The whole back of the TV is great. Is that an RF converter in the lower left corner? It'd be amazing if you could connect the NES via AV or RF.

Edit: on second glance, that box probably has to do with the mechanical play feature.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
That's my favorite detail too. The whole back of the TV is great. Is that an RF converter in the lower left corner? It'd be amazing if you could connect the NES via AV or RF.
The voltage / serial sticker and the texturing on the back is great overall. Totally nails the aesthetic of that era.

iconmaster

Banned
The voltage / serial sticker and the texturing on the back is great overall. Totally nails the aesthetic of that era.

I'm trying to find a shot of a comparable late-1970s or early-1980s wood grain CRT to compare; but photos of CRT rears either aren't very common or my google-fu is weak. The Lego version feels right, though.

(CRTrears.com is available, btw)

MrA

Banned
Could be awesome that this lego Nintendo actually can work
Im sure someone will stick a raspberrypi in one
The scrolling level gimmicks certainly is neat but the tv itself seems off to me, woodgrain case with composite, 300 ohm antenna in would make more sense

Gifmaker

Is there any specific reason why the plastic bags containing the pieces have a 2017 copyright on them? If it was real, wouldn't it be 2020?

Kuranghi

Looks great, with excellent attention to detail (I like the red and yellow dots / AV ports on the back )

I need to know if theres a white rca as well, or did they only have one for audio and one for video back then?

I miss RCAs, chunky and satisfying to insert, plus matching colours is fun no matter what age you are lol

Kuranghi

Is there any specific reason why the plastic bags containing the pieces have a 2017 copyright on them? If it was real, wouldn't it be 2020?

A lot of the pieces will be generic so they already have those made maybe? Or just the bags are from 2017?

It's like McDonald's McFlurry sauces, there are so many preservatives in it that it lasts for about 5 years, so the 2020 Strawberries & Cream McFlurry you get might actually have generic strawberry sauce from 2016, that they original made for a 2016 Strawberry & Lime one. McDonalds also use the same packaging for years and years, so you can get a bag that says 2008 on it lol I'm sure most chain businesses do this. I think thats how Lego keep costs down with so many unique pieces.

Or its fake haha

carlosrox

Banned
Very cool but not something I'd buy, especially at a price like that.

I've never been into Lego either actually.

well that's not part of the set. it's the mario starter set that can be used with the tv to produce mario sounds.
Oh right...forgot about that thing. But looks like you still have those tracks for it on the tv set. I mean, it's like like I'm buying it, but if I had the room maybe haha

BlackM1st

Banned
Amazing, but... not 300$ amazing. It's cheaper to buy an android tablet with a kickstand and use it as an emulator machine/installation hah

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
There's a complex internal mechanism to rotate the picture on the TV and a working hinge + cartridge + spring on the NES. Packed into 2,500 pieces. It's a cool piece of kit, I feel like people are being harsh :cry:

Top Bottom