• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Builders Journey appears on PSN store with April 19th release for PS4/PS5

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://press-start.com.au/news/pla...on-store-with-an-april-19-release-on-ps5-ps4/

LEGO Builder’s Journey, the gorgeous and brilliant puzzler released in 2019 to critical acclaim, seems to be getting a surprise release this week on PlayStation platforms.

Previously exclusive to Apple Arcade, before being ported to Switch, PC and eventually Xbox, LEGO Builder’s Journey seems to be making its final rounds as it lands on both PS4 and PS5 on April 19. A PlayStation release has been rumoured, but we now have a solid date thanks to a listing on the Australian PlayStation Store which you can see in our screenshots above and below:

lego-1-1361x765.jpg

Impotaku

I asked the same question several times and never got a response. Does anyone know if the console versions have ray tracing?
Coming as no surprise, but I know the switch version doesn’t. For PlayStation have a look at videos of it on ps store if they have ray tracing then you’ll know.

It’s a really fun game but crazily short and not much replayability. But while it lasts it fun.

Kuranghi

Fudge sake I just bought this for my mate on Steam because he has a 3080 ti and I want to see 4K60 with RT.

I guess its unlikely this will run at 4K60 with RT on console anyway, maybe 4K30 with RT?

Pedro Motta

Fudge sake I just bought this for my mate on Steam because he has a 3080 ti and I want to see 4K60 with RT.

I guess its unlikely this will run at 4K60 with RT on console anyway, maybe 4K30 with RT?
Judging from the performance on PC 1080p for RT on consoles. (considering all features of RT on PC are available)

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
With Ray tracing?

I just took a look at it on the Xbox store and it doesn't mention raytracing or have the raytracing tag under 'capabilities'. It may still have it, but it seems unlikely. It's probably safe to assume a PlayStation version will be pretty similar to the Xbox.

Pedro Motta

Ta, sorry to be annoying asking you but do you think a 3080ti can do 4K60 with full RT? Or would need to be 30hz for 4K + full RT?
Nah I don't think so, if you check Digital Foundry tech review of this game even a 3090 need DLSS on performance to achieve 60 fps.

Kuranghi

Nah I don't think so, if you check Digital Foundry tech review of this game even a 3090 need DLSS on performance to achieve 60 fps.

Cheers pal, I think that means 4K30 native + RT is achieveable then without DLSS. We're sitting like 2-3' from a 55" in this case so DLSS makes a big difference. Will check out DLSS too ofc but I disliked that games DLSS implementation's effect on the colour, its a professionally calibrated display so that makes a diff too.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

it ran like 9-20fps with 3080 for me haha. Of course that was at raw 4k

I just took a look at it on the Xbox store and it doesn't mention raytracing or have the raytracing tag under 'capabilities'. It may still have it, but it seems unlikely. It's probably safe to assume a PlayStation version will be pretty similar to the Xbox.
So this game was mentioned on the PlayStation Blog today and it says it DOES have ray tracing - no idea about what resolution or anything though.

Top Bottom