• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legendary MicroProse has been revived, announces their first new game, Warbirds 2020 on Unreal Engine 4

Gp1

Great news.

You guys should check every single game under Microprose umbrella on Steam. There are some great hidden gems there.

I'm a huge fan of IL-2 and DCS but we definitely need a Air Combat sim that sits a notch or 2 below DCS/IL-2 and way above Ace Combat. (Aka. Something not as full of GaaS/ 100% MP as Warthunder)

Bms is awesome too but the engine definitely show it's age, specially on the QOL side.

Something that would be perfectly playable with a gamepad but that still considers energy management, realistic damage models and physics, etc.

I still miss some games like from the old Microprose, Novalogic, Battlestation Midway/Pacific, etc.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Simon Cowell Thumbs Up GIF by America's Got Talent

raduque

:messenger_open_mouth:

I loved MicroProse when I was a kid! Very sad when they died.

What's next? Bullfrog? Westwood? Sierra?

Edit: Man, I really should check thread creation dates before posting, lol

Last edited:

amigastar

Great news.

You guys should check every single game under Microprose umbrella on Steam. There are some great hidden gems there.

I'm a huge fan of IL-2 and DCS but we definitely need a Air Combat sim that sits a notch or 2 below DCS/IL-2 and way above Ace Combat. (Aka. Something not as full of GaaS/ 100% MP as Warthunder)

Bms is awesome too but the engine definitely show it's age, specially on the QOL side.

Something that would be perfectly playable with a gamepad but that still considers energy management, realistic damage models and physics, etc.

I still miss some games like from the old Microprose, Novalogic, Battlestation Midway/Pacific, etc.
I love Falcon BMS. Falcon BMS 4.38 will be awesome and they are planning to include volumetric clouds at some point. The sim will look fantastic for such an old game in the future.

Gp1

I love Falcon BMS. Falcon BMS 4.38 will be awesome and they are planning to include volumetric clouds at some point. The sim will look fantastic for such an old game in the future.

Imho the main problem with BMS is that you have to configure every single nook and cranny before even thinking about learning of what the simulation can offer.
The engine comes from a time before plug and play was normal :)

Last edited:

amigastar

Imho the main problem with BMS is that you have to configure every single nook and cranny before even thinking about learn of what the simulation can to offer.
The engine comes from a time before plug and play was normal :)
It's like a Classic Old Car, sure it lacks the features that are standard today, but it has charm and soul
and a Dynamic Campaign :messenger_smiling:

Last edited:
Top Bottom