• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaker who got everything right about RDR2 in 2016 also leaked a bunch of GTA6 info (Vice City+Cuba, present day, 2 protags, more serious story)

ripeavocado

Banned
I love one of the morons called him a bullshitter because he said the protagonist was not Jack Marston, because he knew that he was going to be the new protagonist since ”it is set up” in the ending of RDR”
why some people have to be so moronic on the internet…

Anyway:
- female protagonist looks like Leslie Jones
- male Mexican protagonist is a comic relief
- awful pre production
- take2 pushing for online first.

Can’t say it looks promising.

With all the R* higher ups that have left in the past few years, RDR2 may have been the last R* masterpiece.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I like it, going back to Vice City would be amazing. One reason GTA V is one of my fav GTA's is because of the San Andreas connection.

ripeavocado

Banned
Yeah i agree with 5, it tried to hard to be Tarantino but way more over the top, especially since the game starts off so good and after your trevor traveling to san andreas it just goes downhill from there, gta4 was lrobs my fav in terms of story but cant finish it for how shit the gameplay is

my theory is that they were super late with development since they had to make sure that flip flops were animated properly (and many other pointless details) and they rushed the entire Second part of the game.

april6e

Honestly I wanted a new city. It annoys me how everyone wants to keep rehashing the same three cities over and over. Otherwise, everything about that leak sounds amazing. I have been begging for a female main protag for a decade now.

Also, I was worried that they would continue the "zany" trend that the entire modern GTA games have gone with which would feel too on the nose and cheesy in the current cultural environment and already has been played out throughout the entire series. I definitely would prefer an actual serious plot for once like with RDR2.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Probably two more years until it gets released.

No way is the development for GTA 6 just took 6 years when RDR2 took 8.
Well RDRonline isn't exactly a success as GTA and sell less compared it. Won't be surprising if they decided GTA "early" for it.

Bartski

Gold Member
sounds GREAT.
Obviously, the next GTA Onlne will be a big focus and Rockstar's next cash cow but all I hope for is them doing single-player justice.

assurdum

Banned
"More mature". This goes against everthing the GTA series is about. It's ALWAYS been about satire and over-the-top characters.

I never had much hope anyway. The talent left.
In all honesty GTA5 some time was incredibly stupid and sexist. It's like every women could be a stupid goose or nymphomaniacs in this universe. Why. I understand everything but this is not satire, it's just gross and misogynistic. If you call that talent.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
In all honesty GTA5 some time was incredibly stupid and sexist. It's like every women is a stupid goose or nymphomaniacs. Like the fuck. I understand everything but this is not satire, just gross and misogynistic.

And it's the second biggest selling game of all time 🤷‍♂️

Even if this leak is true, isn't it kind of worthless? It's 5 years out of date. They could have changed all sorts of shit since then, especially if there really was lots of internal disagreement over the direction of the game.

Vice City is so easy to guess, it's what I've always assumed.

If it is Vice City though are they going to include an equivalent to Miami's nude beach, Haulover beach? That'd be funny.

Sharp reminder that Dan Houser and Lazlow are both gone. 6 will be the beginning of the end for Rockstar narratives - while it continues to print money anyway.
Those 2 are pretty much the soul of Rockstar if you ask me, it's very worrying that they're gone.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Yeah, Id like a more serious GTA. They cant pull the same shit anyway because it'll be canceled in today's era. Max Payne 3 vibes baby.

kyussman

A more serious tone is obviously the opposite of what GTA is about....but how the fuck do you satirize the current climate in the US....the reality is far more insane and ridiculous than anything Rockstar could come up with.

Saber

Gold Member
As a rumor, is hard to believe.

GTA has being satirical for its entire life, aways sticking to its old roots formula and have being aways sucessfull. Damn, look at GTA 5 still farming and selling nowadays. Why the heck would they change that? Why would they take the high risk?

So yeah, for me its hard to believe. If it ends up being true I can only wonder why take this route.

Last edited:
I'm fine with satire but I love me serious GTA. GTA IV is by far my favorite one, the tale of broody Niko Belic resonated with me like no other. I loved RDR2 as well. Honestly whatever Rockstar does is fine by me. And as a Cuban, if part of the game takes place in Havana or any part of the country that would be a dream come true.

rob305

As a rumor, is hard to believe.

GTA has being satirical for its entire life, aways sticking to its old roots formula and have being aways sucessfull. Damn, look at GTA 5 still farming and selling. Why the heck would they change that? Why would they take the high risk?
Not sure, but the guy got every detail right about RDR2 in 2016 and nobody believed him, so I doubt hes lying about GTA6.
Only thing is that at the time he posted, GTA6 had just started production so some things might have changed.

I just listened to “The Know” leak again from 2018 and they dont mention Cuba specifically, they just say another latin american country and confirm the whole drug smuggling theme.
They say they heard the main protagonist is a girl but that its not a 100% lock yet. Anyway this was the first time the whole project americas thing came to light and started making its round, nobody listened to our 2016 leaker since the RDR2 leak seemed crazy and couldn’t be confirmed until someone dug it up again this week

wipeout364

Won’t This be the first without the Dan Houser and Laslow Jones who were supposedly the brains and driving force behind Rockstar games.

On topic I think a return to 80’s Vice city and Cuba could be an amazing setup. Especially with 80’s culture being popular for some reason. Modern day Florida/Vice city seems a little boring after two games set in current times.

mortal

Gold Member
After RDR2, I couldn't care less if the tone for GTA VI leans into more camp or darker. I'm in either way.
What does a current gen Rockstar open word entail, that is what I'm most curious about.

Tschumi

a mexican is the comic relief :p nah this won't be controversial at all

his rdr2 leaks were spooky... wonder how the people he works with feel about these kind of leaks...

i didn't play gta 5 much, after the opening scenes shooting up cops saying things like 'he picked the wrong day to come to work' i just realised i was over that humor

Heylon

Glad to hear they are taking this in a more serious direction. This shows RS finally caved to the SJW-crowd, which is good. They were really the last toxic developer standing in our way. With this the patriarchy, which has dominated the gaming industry for far too long, is finally crumbling under the weight of the new gaming era - an epoch-making time in history where anything slightly white, straight and masculine will not be tolerated in any further development of games, and where the gender and sexual preferences of the non-male lead are to be prioritized over story and everything else.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I met a guy while travelling Europe in 2014 that worked in QA at Rockstar and he told me how serious they take leaks of any kind there. He was pretty confident they can track down the source of any legit leak.

MastaKiiLA

Glad to hear they are taking this in a more serious direction. This shows RS finally caved to the SJW-crowd, which is good. They were really the last toxic developer standing in our way. With this the patriarchy, which has dominated the gaming industry for far too long, is finally crumbling under the weight of the new gaming era - an epoch-making time in history where anything slightly white, straight and masculine will not be tolerated in any further development of games, and where the gender and sexual preferences of the non-male lead are to be prioritized over story and everything else.
Jim Carrey What GIF

MrS

Banned
plz-stop-post.jpg

Woggleman

GTA IV went in a more serious direction and it wasn't PC at all so I doubt this is what they mean by more serious. It just means it has a more believable story and characters than the absurdity of V.

rob305

GTA IV went in a more serious direction and it wasn't PC at all so I doubt this is what they mean by more serious. It just means it has a more believable story and characters than the absurdity of V.
Thats what i'm thinking. Just a bit more of a grounded story like in RDR2, the world itself is still going to be satirical the way its always been

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
So Serious tone = automatically SWJ Propaganda, and political?

And yet the "Snowflakes" are the pussies? :messenger_grinning_squinting: :messenger_grinning_squinting: :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Do you kids only watch comedy movies? :messenger_grinning_squinting::messenger_poop: Nothing with a serious tone?

Thank GOD you people arent writers. Everything would just be satire and funny. No depth, no stakes, no seriousness. Fuck outta here.

Bring on the serious tone and ultra violence.

Valentino

Mad mad mad how long productions take now. I know it says pre production started in 2014, but asset creation started in 2016, and even that's time ago. I know that's the way things are now. Just takes me back a bit.

rob305

Mad mad mad how long productions take now. I know it says pre production started in 2014, but asset creation started in 2016, and even that's time ago. I know that's the way things are now. Just takes me back a bit.
I mean they were fully focussed on RDR2 so production was probably bare bones in 2016 and didnt pick up until 2018 when RDR2 was released

Shut0wen

my theory is that they were super late with development since they had to make sure that flip flops were animated properly (and many other pointless details) and they rushed the entire Second part of the game.
Definitely feels that way which is a shame because the gameplay is actually top notch, just the story and characters is just meh, dont have much confidence in gta 6 either, especially with one of the housers gone i cant see the series story ever being the same

Shubh_C63

hahaha
Ok this actually sounds interesting.
And basing people (kinda wink wink) on real billionaires fits for GTA to come back in controversy.

Top Bottom