• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaker who got everything right about RDR2 in 2016 also leaked a bunch of GTA6 info (Vice City+Cuba, present day, 2 protags, more serious story)

rob305

EDIT:
Turns out the screenshots were faked, those posts were never made on 4chan
Mods please close this

Some guy leaked a bunch of stuff on 4chan about RDR2 in 2016 and of course no one believed him back then. Turns out every detail was true. He also dropped a couple of details about GTA 6:

-Pre production started in 2014
-Main city is vice city, but set in Florida + Cuba
-Not 80s
-2 protagonists (male + female)
-Male protag is mexican and smuggles drugs, female is your main contact in the states
-More mature story, similar tone of RDR2 and not as satirical as GTA5
-Regular production (asset creation) started in 2016 at the time of leak
-Lots of internal disagreement about direction of the game

You can find all the 4chan screenshots including all the RDR2 leaks that all turned out to be true and are very detailed here (he even hints at the Guarma chapter):

Edit:
Embedding the 4chan screenshots
RDR2:
1*mQ9CH9DL6By05Lj5ppaHZg.jpeg

1*nM4OXSYCzr5h9W2S0dg0rQ.png

1*BcbgKcY1spQNO1scg3gOAw.jpeg

GTA6:
1*nyFZyhDPKp6Duu_i3VDPtQ.jpeg

1*RyS4pQV4pvHeGBhTQuHfVA.jpeg

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
Meh, but be multiple protag thing sucks.

I want to have a character I build up on and be a kingpin like VC/SA.

I like the multiple protagonists but I'd appreciate it if they did it a little more creatively.

Like if you simultaneously played the main antagonist and the main hero, and were actively opposing each other.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Outside of Trevor GTAV wasn't that over the top. Michael and Franklin's stories were pretty subdued in comparison.
the first mission I did with michael he was smoking a blunt and killing aliens, the next mission I was chasing a boat because his son sold the boat for no reason. Gta v was too comical compared to previous games.

Last edited:
i don't care what it is. i just want them to move on from GTA V. i know as soon as GTA VI comes out they'll go back to milking GTA Online but it's time for a new game, with an updated engine, and in a new location with new characters.

Myths

Same old drivel of hype that caters to the indulgent theory of a return to Vice City. Fans have been suspecting this for years…

Boss Mog

I'd be extremely disappointed if true. If they want to make a serious game they should just launch a new IP; GTA has always been about mocking Americana. My guess is that they're scared of being "cancelled" depending who and what they mock because of the current political climate. Much like Family Guy and South Park, I think they're above it and nobody would care even if a few degenerates bitched on twitter.

rolandss

Correct. GTA needs to be fun and at times silly and please do not infuse politics into this.
Agree with everything but not infusing politics. GTA games are best when they roast politicians. The radio talk shows with the election candidates in GTAIV, Weasel News and other shows etc. in GTAIV, San Andreas and Vice City were so good.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I'd kind of be okay with the even numbered GTA games being more serious(4, 6, etc) and the odd numbered games being goofier(3,5, etc).

Or maybe they're saving the satire and goofy stuff for the multiplayer campaign 🤔 genius move if so.

teezzy

Banned
More serious direction....Please no.

I like campy over the top GTA with a nice dose of satire.

I love RDR2 but I don't need a GTA game depressing me.

I'm not entirely sure they could even do GTA the way they used to in today's climate

This may be their best option

I hope they don't chicken out and think they have to be 100% PC all the time, GTAV really wasn't over the top in any real way it was just Trevor was insane.

Stuart360

Same old drivel of hype that caters to the indulgent theory of a return to Vice City. Fans have been suspecting this for years…
Well its not really that hard to believe. We already went back to Liberty City in GTA4, and San Andreas in GTA5 (well part of SA anyway).

hemo memo

Gold Member
I'm not entirely sure they could even do GTA the way they used to in today's climate

This may be their best option
Nah people will always look for stupid things to be offended about. Just do your best and whatever controversy will add to the game exposure so win-win for Rockstar.

MakarelBoi

Neo Member
So basically it gonna be more like GTA IV serious tone. That fine with me to be honest. I kind of dislike GTA V wacky crap as it try so hard to be like Saints Row.

Dacon

Banned
Nah people will always look for stupid things to be offended about. Just do your best and whatever controversy will add to the game exposure so win-win for Rockstar.
I mean every GTA to my memory has been mired in controversy.

after 150 millions of copies sold solely for GTA Online, do you think they still give a crap to story?

I think GTA 6 - aka Online 2.0 - will come with blocky minicrap graphics to better please current audiences

Shubh_C63

Sharp reminder that Dan Houser and Lazlow are both gone. 6 will be the beginning of the end for Rockstar narratives - while it continues to print money anyway.
I did not knew this and then googled them.
I guess now am on backfoot regarding my blind faith of "no questions asked per excellent Rockstar games legacy".

Shut0wen

Please yes. Gta 4 was a great mix of serious and satire. 5 was unfocused and plain idiotic with their satire
Yeah i agree with 5, it tried to hard to be Tarantino but way more over the top, especially since the game starts off so good and after your trevor traveling to san andreas it just goes downhill from there, gta4 was lrobs my fav in terms of story but cant finish it for how shit the gameplay is

Top Bottom