• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaker Compares New Perfect Dark Game to John Wick

Derktron

Banned
Yeah, it will suck.
Damn did you play the game? How the hell can you make a judgment that quick. Teach me your ways

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I liked the 360 game a lot , but I don’t really like FPS. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Slightly different topic, but does anyone remember how disappointing the ending of PD1 was? I remember watching a brief cut scene then the credits just rolled. I thought: wtf, that's it?

Anyway all I ask of the sequel is that it's played from first person, and some serious COD-level effort is put into PvP.

Last edited:

Markio128

It really needs to do what made the original game (along with Goldeneye) so good; a good collection of brilliantly designed levels with varying objectives and difficulties. That’s what made Perfect Dark so good on the N64, not any comparisons to John Wick.

bender

What time is it?
John Wick 1 is one of my favorite movies, top 10, maybe top 5, full of class and style, amazing action sequences, the right length, great story, just enough quirk.

The other John Wicks went balls deep into the dumbest anime style mentality bullshit.

What happened was the first movie was made by 2 people, the sequels the one guy, I guess the genius left.

The 2nd and 3rd movie is so long and fucking boring and just keeps reusing dumb shit, lacks almost all the style of the first one. They both have world building that's just pure trash without any real fun.

Digital blood ruins the series for me.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
John Wick the action game has already been made. And it's called SEVERED STEEL and it's one of the top 3 games of this year. If PD really wants to go this route, they should be studying this gem of a shooter IMO.

jaysius

Banned
John Wick the action game has already been made. And it's called SEVERED STEEL and it's one of the top 3 games of this year. If PD really wants to go this route, they should be studying this gem of a shooter IMO.

Nope! That’s nothing like John Wick, super floaty, Tron graphics with Bulletstorm gameplay. Also it has awful jumping platform parts, Jesus this thing is a train wreck. There’s a tiny bit of Superhot in there too.

This reminds me of a HL mod if anything, the one that was supposed to be based on the Matrix. There was a sequel but it priced itself into oblivion.

Holy fuck, is the character made of fucking butter? I haven’t seen sliding like that since Vanquish.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Fine. It was a hugely contrived franchise to begin with - all the better for it, schlock value and all - so who cares if they switch up the tone? Looks like Control.. a bit

Chukhopops

You know what would be unique…
A 1st person shooter with level design like Golden Eye, Perfect Dark and Time Splitters. Its been awhile since we got once of those
That’s pretty much the Hitman series in first person and that would be amazing.

I’m looking forward to this but it’s basically impossible to top the original Perfect Dark so I hope it can at least get close to it.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Just give me multi-purpose weapons & multiple objectives and I'll be happy. I don't give a shit about anything else.
I loved Zero (which is a solid 8/10 imo), and I'm sure The Initiative will not disappoint me.

ZywyPL

Banned
John Wick 1 is one of my favorite movies, top 10, maybe top 5, full of class and style, amazing action sequences, the right length, great story, just enough quirk.

The other John Wicks went balls deep into the dumbest anime style mentality bullshit.

What happened was the first movie was made by 2 people, the sequels the one guy, I guess the genius left.

The 2nd and 3rd movie is so long and fucking boring and just keeps reusing dumb shit, lacks almost all the style of the first one. They both have world building that's just pure trash without any real fun.

Amen. John Wick is one of those movies that never needed a sequel at all.

Kydd BlaZe

I think for something like this to work it needs to be 3rd person.

Think Max Payne on steroids.
That’s what I’m thinking. I’m not sure how this equates to an FPS game. If they can pull it off, I’m all for it because it sounds fucking awesome. Absolutely LOVED the John Wick films, and I’m getting FEAR vibes from this. I just hope that they’re still able to retain a bit of that old Perfect Dark atmosphere though, and not make it too full of mindless action.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
To me I would only talk/leak something substantial and of worth.
Jeff Grubb and "others" that I talk to said this is one big interactive demo and yes, part of this is they will be showing off things like Silent hill(s), God of war: ragnarok trailer, new MGS remake trailer. This is Hasan's little studio that were contracted to make this which would show off their skills using unreal engine but also make something interactive that does its job in having the community interact. So we will be unlocking parts of the demo that will unveil other titles and their trailers.

So imagine you walking around sections that are named specific things that represent different games.

Some stuff got pushed to my knowledge as in the PlayStation event that goes with this. Think of this as one big viral marketing but it's interactive with its own story that leads you to trailers for other Games that will be revealed one by one throughout the month of September up to Fall.

Some peoples stuff like Call of duty vanguard is suppose to be revealed this week. Dont know if its going to be part of the demo. I dont think it will be, I think hasan's demo is silent hill, mgs, god of war and couple other reveals.
:goog_unsure:

Kuranghi

I predict Splinter Cell (and other games I can't remember right now) style marking and taking out multiple enemies at once from that statement. It would be great if it was an evolution of Max Payne 3 but I have doubts it will reach those heights.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Cool, John Wick is awesome. There could be some very nice set piece. Alternating from stealth to full blown action

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
You can pull of john wick in a tps, but I cant see it working in an FPS unless you have a lot of forced camera movements for kills... which would suck balls. Just make the game tps microsoft.

Last edited:
I already arrived at that assumption from their developer interview they released when they announced the game. I won't let any of the negativity or console warring dull my excitement for this game. It's positively through the roof.

You can pull of john wick in a tps, but I cant see it working in an FPS unless you have a lot of forced camera movements for kills... which would suck balls. Just make the game tps microsoft.

Actually it would be cool if it could switch from standard FPS melee to a bunch of stylish kill sequences carried out in 3rd person (resembling what Ryse had) then smoothly transitioning back to 1st person view.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Can't judge based on this, but it's the star team behind it... But also their first release.. I don't know what to think, need some gameplay
See. This is a logical, rational response to news like this. The other dolts trying to be clever and funny all remind me of the guy who acts tough because he knows he can't get laid. Then gets his ass kicked by the most unlikely MF in the piece. Fucking sad...

Anyway, I agree with you, my guy. There's certainly a super talented team behind it, but not sure what it all means. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Outrunner

Why do people still listen to these clowns.

The knee jerk reflex of damage controlling the Cristal Dynamics thing by comparing it to SM outsourcing an outsourcing studio said enough about what what he is into. Also same insider that said Infamous Third Son would be on the State of Play.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Maybe they mean in the sense that you go on a big tour through loads of different locales and it has a lot of variety.

Top Bottom