• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked: BattleCat is Ubisoft new Splinter Cell, Division and Ghost Recon FPS game

Ezquimacore

Banned
So weird how ubisoft has so many great single player franchises with amazing characters and they don't know what to do with that.

DaGwaphics

Disappointed Cheer Up GIF by stalebagel

Twinblade

Why are they incapable of just making a fucking new Splinter Cell game in the style of the old games? Worst dev/publisher in the biz. Putting out absolute fucking dross while sleeping on their best IP.

People want new IPs, but keeps demanding old IPs.

I for one, would love a new splinter cell, but it's never coming back.

sircaw

Banned
this is kinda heartbreaking tbh.

Just make a proper single-player splinter cell, they are so unique and fun and will sell so well, i just hate modern gaming sometimes.

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
Well that's that dream dead and buried.

I'll just have to revisit the older Splinter Cell and MGS games to get my fix via backwards compat. That's all that's left now.

Chaos Theory still to this day is my most favourite stealth game ever. A damn fine piece of work.

How times have changed.

At this point I'm starting to hate Ubisoft almost as much as I do Konami. That's quite something. It's clear Ubisoft don't give a damn.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
ITT we learn to review games bases on a handful of pictures from a pre alpha leak.

Some truly galaxy brain responses in here.

VN1X

Banned
I'm actually very curious about this. I'd be all over a more streamlined and more accessible Siege from Ubi tbh. The current state of that game is such a mess what with its ridiculous amount of operators and gazillion gadgets/abilities. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Woah..between this and those Ratchet and Clank tweets, it looks like the shared-universe trend is finally going to hit videogames hard.

Birdo

Banned
There is no way Ubisoft are going to make a game staring a white male ever again. They are too far gone at this point.

This is one of the gayest looking games I've ever seen. Why does every game have to emulate Fortnite and Apex legends. If I wanted to look at retarded skins I would play those games.

packy34

BattleCat is obviously a working title/codename. I think most here are being a little too quick on the trigger calling it trash - at least let them show the actual game first, lol

(and then call it trash if it actually looks bad)

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
BattleCat is obviously a working title/codename. I think most here are being a little too quick on the trigger calling it trash - at least let them show the actual game first, lol

(and then call it trash if it actually looks bad)

No! Multiplayer bad!

Three

Who are the morons still buying Ubishit games?
Nobody which is why they are making this. When games don't sell they make GaaS crap like this offer it free to play or on gamepass/psnow then rake in mtx money instead. Welcome to the new age.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Why are they incapable of just making a fucking new Splinter Cell game in the style of the old games? Worst dev/publisher in the biz. Putting out absolute fucking dross while sleeping on their best IP.

Because Splinter Cell isn't suitable for being a live service. They just figured out how to fuck up Assassins Creed with that model. Don't worry, they'll probably figure out how to make Splinter Cell a live service too.

Is anyone really surprised??? They cant fleece you for all your shekels with a regular SC game so of course they have no interest.

I mean sure, they could put together expansions and stuff but that costs a lot of money. They can just roll this out and charge rubes and simpletons $5 for a skin and make bank.

i hope their greed destroys them in the end. sure, every company wants to make money but where the fuck is the qaulity? you can see the pure greed bleeding into their games now. imagine how different it could have been if they actually made a new splinter cell game? an actual high qaulity assassins creed game and a new rayman but nah, lets make this trash instead.

Top Bottom