• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak shows Microsoft is launching the first Surface gaming Laptop (i7, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070Ti, 1440p, 165hz, 16in display)

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Looks amazing, if real of course.

Serious question.

If Microsoft can get this power out of a portable laptop, then why can't Nintendo put this much power into their next console?

Could you imagine a Switch console with a 3070ti? I'm throbbing at the thought of it.

zeomax

If Microsoft can get this power out of a portable laptop, then why can't Nintendo put this much power into their next console?
Would you buy your 10 year old kid a 3000€ handheld for throwing it in to the corner after it gets mad on a game?

Last edited:

FireFly

Serious question.

Could you imagine a Switch console with a 3070ti? I'm throbbing at the thought of it.
Because a gaming handheld can exhaust about 15W of power and a 14" laptop can exhaust 70W-80W.

jaysius

Banned

Serious question.

Would never happen and would be unaffordable due to the premium Nintendo puts on it's hardware, also they only go for outdated tech never top of the line, it's how they make their money.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Because a gaming handheld can exhaust about 15W of power and a 14" laptop can exhaust 70W-80W.

Easy solution to this. Make the Switch successor with a 14" screen and a huge battery.

Would never happen and would be unaffordable due to the premium Nintendo puts on it's hardware, also they only go for outdated tech never top of the line, it's how they make their money.

This is unfortunately true. I guess Nintendo could up the price of the handheld if it was a lot more powerful. I'd happily spend more money if it resulted in more power.

FireFly

Easy solution to this. Make the Switch successor with a 14" screen and a huge battery.
Then it's no longer a handheld device. You're essentially asking for a Switch laptop. It could work but at the $999+ price Nintendo would likely need to charge for it, it would be an unproven product in the marketplace.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
The screen features a 16-inch Pixelsense Flow display, showing that touch screen is yet again included along with a refresh rate that can go as high as 165Hz.
And they decided to retain the very thing that makes Surface product so expensive in a device that does not need it. A gaming laptop does not need a touch screen aimed at artists. I am sure gamers are not going to pull out there Surface pen and draw using Krita.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
And they decided to retain the very thing that makes Surface product so expensive in a device that does not need it. A gaming laptop does not need a touch screen aimed at artists. I am sure gamers are not going to pull out there Surface pen and draw using Krita.
Hang on a second buddy, im looking forward to drawing dicks on my gaming laptop's touchscreen

Top Bottom