• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lead Writer Sam Maggs confirms that Rivet is canonically a lesbian

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiguelItUp

All joking aside, can you imagine what it’s like to work with these people?

You’ve got these incredible programmers, designers and artists and then some absolute throbbing bellend like this broad turns up and thinks her cretinous vision of what a furry rabbit wants to fuck is in any way relevant to anything happening anywhere in the cosmos.

Completely toxic.
That's always been my reaction. I'm all for inclusion and diversity of all forms, but when it's organic and fitting. It doesn't need to be forced in. Majority of the time no one looks at these characters wondering what their sexual preference is, what they ate for breakfast, if they have a set shit schedule, etc. I mean, if it doesn't play a role in the story or the game at all, why does it even need to exist in the first place? To just force inclusion and diversity for extra points?

O-N-E

Imagine this bitch crying in your office because she can't handle her character not making it into the game.

Imagine you acquiesced and she continues making a scene about said character at every opportunity. Too much TITS she whines. Her waist is too SMALL she bleats. Making everything about herself.

Imagine that amazingly, not only was she not fired, she got everything she cried and yelled for.

Now imagine she throws a hissy fit on twitter because her highness was not mentioned in an article about the game.

How the fuck is this shit tolerated in the industry?

Ogbert

This unstable, public meltdown is a tutorial on how to never get hired again in the industry.
But that’s the thing. This is a sales pitch. She knows this will gain her support from the right people.

What has unfortunately happened to video games, comics and movies is that untalented hacks that right fan fiction have been given the keys to the kingdom. It’s not just that they’re irritating pricks. It’s that they’re bad at their job as well.

wvnative

Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS

Literally have no idea what is wrong with Shelia

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Oh wow, I can't believe a manager would yell at someone after they have been warned prior and then continued to shout things that make other workers uncomfortable around the office.

Sounds like the kind of person that actively makes everyone life hell by token of being within proximity of her.

As a self proclaimed liberal wokester coming out with the sexuality of a whatever tf she is only makes us look silly, no one cares except the people who will be upset about it. Bigger fish to fry.

Nautilus

Banned
Haven't played Rift Apart, but I'm 99,9% sure that it doesn't matter for 1 second what side she plays. As you know, thats not the kind of topic Ratchet and Clank games usually tackle.

This is just so stupid. This thing about giving sexuality to carachters where the topic is completely irrelevant. That is done unofficially, as a side comment, so its never true(so you can do whatever the hell you want later eithout consequence) only to win some points with some audience. Whatever this sad woman is doing is just stupid.

Ogbert

I don't know when it happened,. but Sony is pretty much Reset Era the videogame company. They went from my favorite video gaming company to some weird SJW task force that needs to force fit some sort of sexual agenda or masculine women into video games at every opportunity.
It’s happened to every company.

I work for a very large US company. The politics are batshit. I say this without exaggeration; there are moments when it feels like I’m witnessing a cult. Intelligent men and women spouting absolute drivel that they can’t possibly believe in. And my God, the endless fucking talk about feminism.

How white liberal women have managed to paint themselves as victims is one of the truly great heists of the 21st century.

Last week I listened to our CFO, a women who quite literally grew up in a fucking CASTLE, drone on about how tough it was for her after leaving Cambridge.

Beggars belief.

Furries are ruining my love for Ratchet.

I think R&C should take it self less seriously moving forward. They should hire comedians to just make jokes, story really doesn’t matter.

That being said, why is this tweet relevant?

Dr Bass

Also, I’m pretty sure it would make anyone uncomfortable if an employee started shouting “Lombax tiddies”, at random moments, like they had Tourette’s. How is that an indictment of the employees?

And if a man were doing that? Obviously that would be sexual harassment.

It’s amazing how the industry has been co-opted by people like this. I will never work in games. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

gow3isben

I hope they can her annoying ass.

No wonder they made Rivet outshine Ratchet at every turn

Dis some Dumbledore shit though

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Glad she’s gone her politics looked like it made it uncomfortable working on what is suppose to appeal to children. And a lot of the animators come from places like Cartoon Network and the likes. Why would you be saying shit like “tiddies” in a work environment especially in a group making a game with mascot like characters for kids?

The fact you are trying to put a gay character in kids mediums is fucking out of control.

It’s one thing for a mature game like the Last of Us. Where it’s mimicking a adult setting and Ellie is 15 or so.

It’s a dark story with mature characters. Not animated cartoon like mascots to be sold to kids.

Bye Felecia

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks like Insomniac finally divulged what everyone in the world was waiting for.

Now if only the other 1,000 game studios the past 40 years across 10,000 games could tell gamers if their characters are straight or lesbian, the world would be a better place.

I hope Insomniac doesn't take their foot off the gas pedal. Next stops are bi and trans characters. Can't be limited only having straight and lesbian.

Still waiting for Imagic to tell gamers if the archer on top of the castle in Dragonfire is gay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom