• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Laura Bailey: Sexy women are regressive and not human

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena~

Banned

Bailey notably played a "badass" woman in Rayne from Bloodrayne which debuted all the way back in 2002. The actor noted that while Rayne was a strong character, she also couldn't escape being sexualized. "Rayne had a Playboy Spread," she reminded the podcast hosts. "So much of her reaction noises, the blood-sucking noises, it sounded sexual.
Umm that’s your voice hellooo??So your own fault
Just like Lara Croft--I loved the Tomb Raider games but Lara Croft was super sexualized."
Guess which Lara Croft is the popular one?
"It's not about badass women, it's about badass characters, and it can be a woman," Bailey explained, though she said that she had seen some improvement in the industry. "I have seen a lot more roles coming up that are fully realized, they're completely three-dimensional characters as opposed to just 'sexy chick swinging a sword.'"
Sexy women can not be a badass?
"To see the progression just in this last decade of the amount of roles offered to females has been pretty phenomenal,"
Using female as a noun = double yikes
she added. "Abby and Ellie are such great characters because they can just be human."
yeah because hateful manly looking musclewoman biting each other’s asses off are sooooo human. while sexy women are not human and regressive said Ms. Bailey. What’s the next game you are going to voice? Boycott

NeoGiffer

tenor.gif

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I mean both sides have validity, really
yeah because hateful manly looking musclewoman biting each other’s asses off are sooooo human. while sexy women are not human and regressive said Ms. Bailey. What’s the next game you are going to voice? Boycott

I mean I know a ton of dudes who totally don't like Ronda Rousey, but I know just as many who would pay to be with her sooo

To each their own I guess?

Redlancet

Banned

Umm that’s your voice hellooo??So your own fault

Guess which Lara Croft is the popular one?

Sexy women can not be a badass?

Using female as a noun = double yikes

op,not only your thread tittle its just pure bullshit and fabrication,you seen to be a very troubled indidivual,what problem you have with strong women? be better not bitter

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I mean both sides have validity, really

I mean I know a ton of dudes who totally don't like Ronda Rousey, but I know just as many who would pay to be with her sooo

To each their own I guess?
He's just completely missing the entire point of her comments.

She's talking about the deep characterizations, not the way they look.

There's literally nothing in this article claiming sexy women aren't human; she's saying that most women characters in the past were either just sexy/not much else, or some sort of not very well developed side-kick.

(you could argue she's wrong of course, but it's impossible to start a convo when the OP is just so purposefully misconstruing the point)

Last edited:

Entroyp

I want a firm ass and big boobs on my VG female characters. I will stick to japanese games only from
Now on.

Nah... I really don’t care, a good game is a good game with or without a big ass or pretty face.

Fbh

Not sure what your point is OP.
Are you saying a lot of female videogame characters aren't made intentionally sexy or that back in the 90's and early 00's a lot of them weren't mainly designed to attract horny teens?

buizel

Banned
There is merit in arguing that many sexy eye-candy females were labelled as a "strong" or "badass" woman , in order to divert any criticism about them being overtly sexualized - you can see this in the media till today.

That said i love me some tits

ssringo

Not really sure where "regressive" came from. Certainly not in the article and I don't really want to listen to the interview.

Also, Laura's best role was Kaine from Nier.

Reactions: TLZ

Raven117

Gold Member
Yeah, this is b.s. OP. You are getting worked up over stuff she didn't say or mean.

She is just saying its good that women roles are now expanding beyond bikini wearing sword swingers and are fleshed out characters. Thats a good thing.

On a side note, I like her as a voice actress.

SkylineRKR

I think Bailey is sexy herself, lol. But she's a good VA also.

Abby isn't the norm. I've never seen a girl like that. I think there were good female protags in the past, like Regina from Dino Crisis. She was determined and not marketed as a sex bomb. But she looked good regardless. A lot of the time women were damsels though, that much is true. Same in movies.

Boss Mog

Doesn't she voice Nadine? It's only a matter of time before somebody cancels her for taking a role meant for a woman of color. All these people embracing wokeness eventually get bitten in the ass by it.

Enjay

Banned
She reminds me of Janice:
Janice+sitting.jpg

But yeah not sexy woman hates on sexy women. More shocking news at 11. 🙄

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
This is a bit hyperbolic. She didn't come across the way you imply at all.

What's the purpose of this thread other than to provoke?

Reactions: TLZ

vpance

Someone will make a lot of money if they can figure out how to make deep characters that are also sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom