• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest Nintendo Switch Firmware provides Switch Pro Details

StormCell

I really hope that Nintendo will beef up the Switch even just a little. I'm sick of Minecraft running like garbage on the system, but I love being able to play Minecraft on Switch wherever I go. It just feels like even a minor bump would make a huge difference for a lot of games.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I've been wondering... What if the Switch "Pro" is just a TV only Switch with its CPU/GPU and memory bw uncapped with a better cooling system so it can run games at better performance?

I'd actually be happy with that for the next 2-3 years.

Last edited:

TAS

I've been wondering... What if the Switch "Pro" is just a TV only Switch with its CPU/GPU and memory bw uncapped with a better cooling system so it can run games at better performance?

I'd actually be happy with that for the next 2-3 years.
Considering how well the current Switch is selling with no signs of slowing down, this makes a lot more sense tbh. The '4K chip in the dock' seems like a half-baked solution IMO. Otherwise, do a full hardware upgrade in 2 years with proper DLSS implementation and PS4+ level performance. Btw..I'll be very disappointed if Nintendo does not take advantage of this superb tech that only Nvidia offers. :messenger_persevering:

jaysius

Banned
Considering how well the current Switch is selling with no signs of slowing down, this makes a lot more sense tbh. The '4K chip in the dock' seems like a half-baked solution IMO. Otherwise, do a full hardware upgrade in 2 years with proper DLSS implementation and PS4+ level performance. Btw..I'll be very disappointed if Nintendo does not take advantage of this superb tech that only Nvidia offers. :messenger_persevering:
Nintendo is cheaper than Sony when it comes to R&D(PS4 Pro jet engine), Nintendo wants to buy the cheapest shit and reap the highest profits.

Buy the cheapest shit, stuff it into a plastic box and charge a little less than the competitor, wrap it in a gimmick.

That's Nintendo.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Pro is surely going to be a New 3DS style revision if that.

Switch 2 I definitely think will be on the horizon, or Super Switch knowing Nintendo. Not until 2024 or even later. I would still expect 1080p on the next switch. 4k ain’t happening any time soon in a hybrid form factor.

Last edited:
I really hope that Nintendo will beef up the Switch even just a little. I'm sick of Minecraft running like garbage on the system, but I love being able to play Minecraft on Switch wherever I go. It just feels like even a minor bump would make a huge difference for a lot of games.
I'm right there with you. 2D sidescrollers and muddy games were fun for awhile, but I hit a wall with that stuff and if they don't give us something, I'd imagine the magic will wear off and people will lose interest rapidly.

If they design the new system to play Breath of the Wild 2 at 1080p and 30 fps locked with a decent AA, then I'm in. Otherwise, I think Nintendo's big moment might have been 2020.

Corgi1985

Banned
But if they start making games with stable framerates at native res then they might be as boring as Sony or xbawks

Last edited:

StormCell

ill happily purchase one if its just an add on, if they make us get a new switch they can forget 'bout it.

I don't think you're thinking about it right, though. I've already bought the OG Switch and the newer Switch that had some minor improvements (slightly nicer quality screen, better battery). What did it actually cost me? I traded in my current unit on a decent deal and used the credit on the new Switch. Does it cost? Yes, but it's not like having to fork out a whole 'nother $300... If that were the case, I wouldn't have even bought a Switch after owning a Wii U!

Meme Reaction GIF by Silicon Valley

Top Bottom