• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last of Us Part 2's Shannon Woodward on Playing Dina and Working with Naughty Dog

Raonak

Banned
Jon Neu is so obviously trolling.

No human can be this obsessed with the appearance of digital characters.
Like no-one can actually care about how attractive a character is, especially in a post-apocalypse.

He's either trolling, or he's just a rabid anti-social warrior who's just deeply offended by the fact that druckmann made a great game.

Either way, this is why the ignore function exists.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Jon Neu is so obviously trolling.

No human can be this obsessed with the appearance of digital characters.
Like no-one can actually care about how attractive a character is, especially in a post-apocalypse.

He's either trolling, or he's just a rabid anti-social warrior who's just deeply offended by the fact that druckmann made a great game.

Either way, this is why the ignore function exists.
Jon Neu likes to troll from time to time but there are times where he makes a good point. If he's tilting you this much, just don't debate him when it comes to The Last of Us 2(or topics involving how women look) instead of fully ignoring him.

I don't agree with all of his takes either but it's good to hear alternate takes and opinions instead of ignoring/banning everyone and creating your own personal echo chamber. If you do that you might as well become a mod on era.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to go back and forth about what's possible in terms of body type(because that's an argument that will go nowhere for either of us), but I will say this, you honestly don't think there's any supplements, protein powder, or steroids in that giant stadium?
Protein powder expire within 2 years of production. Who’s making these for her? Let us all be honest - we know why’s she been made to look like this.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Alright T TaylorSwiftFan , you've inspired me to go back and edit my first page posts because people keep stopping mid conversation to quote and make a point(that was already addressed) instead of fully reading page 1. Brb.

Y'all will drive a multi page thread worried about how women look in a single game. Let it be, man. There are all types of games out there from 100% fan service to 0% fan service. Let this one be where they want it to be. There are plenty of other games that let you live out your dreams of romancing a pretty girl. As long as there is a healthy mix it's all good.

Y'all will drive a multi page thread worried about how women look in a single game. Let it be, man. There are all types of games out there from 100% fan service to 0% fan service. Let this one be where they want it to be. There are plenty of other games that let you live out your dreams of romancing a pretty girl. As long as there is a healthy mix it's all good.
Are there still games with 100% fan service? I thought they were all getting censored these days.

Jon Neu

Banned

Of course ND is allowed to make the game in the way they want, nobody denies that.

At this point the discussion is more about the people who want to play dumb and pretend that the game isn't designed with a clearly political agenda in mind, even when literally the creator of the game has said so.

But for some reason, there's still plenty of people who don't want to concede that ever no matter what, they don't want to admit that the game has been made by woke people with deliberated woke designs that are a woke message in themselves (and they have literally outlined how their designs are a woke message publicly).

Accept that the game is woke and move on, it's still an amazing game.

Of course ND is allowed to make the game in the way they want, nobody denies that.

At this point the discussion is more about the people who want to play dumb and pretend that the game isn't designed with a clearly political agenda in mind, even when literally the creator of the game has said so.

But for some reason, there's still plenty of people who don't want to concede that ever no matter what, they don't want to admit that the game has been made by woke people with deliberated woke designs that are a woke message in themselves (and they have literally outlined how their designs are a woke message publicly).

Accept that the game is woke and move on, it's still an amazing game.

I just wish people didn't rail against it. I can appreciate the difference and enjoy TLOU2 and 2Bs asscheeks reclaiming robot souls.

MagnesG

Banned
Downgraded boobs man, I just don't understand the implications of doing it unless it's for woke pandering.

You are forgetting a tiny thing.

A woman can never be this shredded naturally. It's just against biology.

Male Mma fighters doesn't look that buffed. Gina Carano doesn't look that buffed.

It's not natural. And I doubt Abby has access to the drugs given its an apocalypse.

Even if it were a male I'd say it was steroids. You can see her muscles are showing even without flexing. Not natural for muscles.

No woman having shoulders like that without dosing testosterone. I don't know why its hard for you people to understand women can barely build and certainly not large amounts of muscle due to lack of testosterone and high levels of estrogen. Men and women are not the same no matter how much the mentally ill try to push their agenda. Even men with naturally low levels of "T" but certainly more than a woman struggle to get "jacked" amongst other things like low energy and sexual dysfunction.

Protein powder expire within 2 years of production. Who’s making these for her? Let us all be honest - we know why’s she been made to look like this.

Gasoline expires after 20 years as well so Ellie and Joel never should have made it out of Bills town in that car.

But we ignore that, affording a degree of suspension of disbelief to allow a story to be told.

The drugs and supplements haven’t expired, like the gasoline hasn’t.

Cordyceps don’t infect humans and turn them into zombies either btw, and Joel would have never survived his injuries from the first game without immediate medical attention.

The game goes to great lengths in its world building, it’s character motivations, in a cut scene, and in in-game assets to justify why the character looks this way.

And there’s good reason for it.

It’s meant to put Abby over as a menacing threat, to visually represent her trauma and obsession, and to juxtapose her malnourished apperance near the end of the game.

In short I believe it’s done in service of the story, and not meant to troll or emasculate you.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Gasoline expires after 20 years as well so Ellie and Joel never should have made it out of Bills town in that car.

But we ignore that, affording a degree of suspension of disbelief to allow a story to be told.

Cordyceps don’t infect humans and turn them into zombies either btw, and Joel would have never survived his injuries from the first game without immediate medical attention.

The game goes to great lengths in its world building, it’s character motivations, in a cut scene, and in in-game assets to justify why the character looks this way.

It’s meant to put Abby over as a menacing threat, to visually represent her trauma and obsession, and to juxtapose her malnourished apperance near the end of the game.

In short I believe it’s done in service of the story, and not meant to troll or emasculate you.

I would highly ask the same realism you're asking here from Hollywood movies and series first. Just look at the amount of BS in 99% of movies and series, would argue it's much more what's in TLOU2. Also let's not forget other games in the industry as well.

kiphalfton

Hiring another actress for Dina's face was really unnecessary. I guess Shannon was simply too good looking to be featured as herself in the game? Or maybe her nose wasn't the correct shape? ;)

The actress who plays Dina is actually more attractive, so...

kiphalfton

Jon Neu Jon Neu Scroll up

Edit: Also here's another fun one for you(Face fusion):

Face-App-1597635157262.jpg

Looks like the girl from star wars.

Well, it did a disservice to the story ultimately as it is widely accepted as being piss poor.

HAL-01

Well, it did a disservice to the story ultimately as it is widely accepted as being piss poor.
“Widely accepted” lmao. Please look outside of your bubble. Most have already moved on from the leak outrage bandwagon and gotten around to actually play and enjoy the game

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What? I didn't even know Dina was voiced by one actress but visually modeled after another. lol.

The ideal situation would had been:

Voice: Shannon
Face: SHannon
Body: The big nose girl with giant eyebrows

HAL-01

This is what happens when your source is polygon.
I don’t read any gaming sites.

Though I’m sure that’s what you’ve been told and you repeat to yourself. Anyone who praises the game has been brainwashed by the media, or they’re paid, or it’s rigged, right?

You’re what happens when you let your small internet clique dictate what’s the truth

Vick

Gold Member
What a wild and fun Thread.

There's not a single hot woman in the game and somehow all women are strong independent women who need no men.
Sounds to me like you got low standards. Even 2 kilos of makeup wont make those bitches look anything but drag at best.
I'm sure there's gay tests somewhere on the net for you guys.

Ellie is one of the most attractive realistic females seen in a game.
And it's not the affection talking, she is objectively beautiful.

96tdc10crb561.jpg

The way you see her in the game world doesn't matter, if you're straight and think otherwise about the model you might not be as straight as you think you are.

Now when it comes to Dina, sorry for those lusting after her but i could never find her attractive, since the very first reveal. Forehead deficient, huge nose, lots of moles, not someone i'd go after to say the least.

And about Abby.. i found her downright repulsive. A literal abomination. Watching her on screen was legit unsettling. The sex scene disturbed me.
But it all made sense. They wanted to keep Joel gameplay and after the huge deal made with Nadine in Uncharted 4 (justified), since men are indeed stronger than women and this is supposedly a realistic game no one would believe a regular looking female doing what she does in the game, so she had to be this jacked. And you actually buy into this when playing the game, so for once kudos to Druckmann on the matter.

Except for Abby, they all looked realistic/normal anyway and it's certainly fascinating to see a huge Xbox fan like Jon Neu Jon Neu complaining so passionately about the look of females in this game:

AMD-New-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.7.2-Driver-is-Optimized-for-Gears-5-Beta.jpg

lol jacked female..... Gross af, yes I meant to sound like an asshole misogynist.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but if you're not, Abby IS gross. If you're one of those weirdos who think she's not i don't really know what to tell you.. assohole misogynist my ass.

Most have already moved on from the leak outrage bandwagon and gotten around to actually play and enjoy the game..
.. and still found the script to be by far the weakest aspect of the production.

Last edited:
Top Bottom